A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

Re: Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #973461 by cooledcoyote
Mar 28, 2019 10:01am
Thread
These changes remind me of the Microsoft Word updates at work. About the time I figure everything out and things are running smoothly, someone decides to do an update and change everything.
Re: Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Reply to: #973493 by Topcollector
Mar 29, 2019 8:58am
Thread
These changes remind me of the Microsoft Word updates at work. About the time I figure everything out and things are running smoothly, someone decides to do an update and change everything.

Thats exactly how I feel about cell phones!
coding text to be bold in tracker body
Mar 29, 2019 3:14pm
Thread
Howdy,

I am trying to clean up a large tracker, and want to put some lines in BOLD - but I can't get it to show up as bold. I've tried using <B> and then </B> but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know how to bold text in AQ?

Shameless plug: Consider contributing to our animal themed event in the fall and check out the ever growing tracker of stamps: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=9978

Thanks,
Super Hedge Hoggie
Re: coding text to be bold in tracker body
Reply to: #973539 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Mar 29, 2019 3:18pm
Thread
I use this page when I need help:
Wiki Markup
Reply to: #973539 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Mar 29, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
Two asterisks at the beginning and two asterisks at the end.

Does anyone know how to bold text in AQ?
Reply to: #973541 by RDHG
Mar 29, 2019 4:14pm
Thread
Two asterisks at the beginning and two asterisks at the end.

Does that work anywhere on AQ, not just messages in the forum, but also tracker guidelines, clue text, etc.?
Reply to: #973543 by Wise Wanderer
Mar 29, 2019 5:21pm
Thread
I use the wiki markups, including bold lettering, in several places (clues, notes, messages, etc.) and I've found that it always works.
Reply to: #973545 by Angel Winks
Mar 29, 2019 8:51pm
Thread
Thanks, everyone!

Shameless tracker plug, round 2: See how much better the tracker is now:

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=9978

Sincerely,
Super Hedge Hoggie
Reply to: #973551 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Mar 30, 2019 2:58am
Thread
Nice use of boldface!
Writing clues
Apr 1, 2019 8:14am
Thread
I'm having trouble with the clues when I'm planting boxes. For some reason after I've typed the clues and go in to check to make sure it all looks good the clues are showing up in some kind of encrypted code. This is not what I want, but am not sure why it is showing like this. Can anyone please tell me what might be going on? Thanks.
Re: Writing clues
Reply to: #973645 by Sirius Star Gazer
Apr 1, 2019 8:19am
Thread
If your box is a drive-by, you've fallen victim to the green reptile's April fools pranking. See today's board posts.
Reply to: #973646 by SpyCat
Apr 1, 2019 9:00am
Thread
Hahaha! Good one! Oh BTW I ran over a turtle after planting these boxes and am having turtle soup for dinner (evil grin).
Reply to: #973650 by Sirius Star Gazer
Apr 1, 2019 9:36am
Thread
BTW I ran over a turtle after planting these boxes and am having turtle soup for dinner

So not funny.... *shaking head*

-- Ryan
Trip Search help
Apr 1, 2019 9:46am
Thread
Why when I look up the trip search to check on boxes in my area only a few of my plants are listed? Most of my plants are less than 5 miles from I-77 between Huntersville and Troutman. I would like for them to appear on this trip search segment. How can I be sure they do?
Re: Trip Search help
Reply to: #973659 by JBartiste
Apr 1, 2019 10:10am
Thread
I can look at specific examples when time permits, but usually it's because the boxes don't have addresses attached to them. The more precise a location is, the more likely it'll show up on a trip planned search. (Assuming it's actually near the route, of course.)

If that's not the problem, the route might need tweaking. Early versions of the routes weren't very precise and while most of them have been fixed up, a few could still use some improvements.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #973662 by Green Tortuga
Apr 1, 2019 12:16pm
Thread
As a note, all of her boxes have addresses, and some of them are right off of the highway. I took a peek myself to see if they would show up for me.
Reply to: #973657 by Green Tortuga
Apr 1, 2019 12:47pm
Thread
Sorry Ryan- but had to say it. No I didn’t run over a turtle. I stopped and threw one back in a pond that could have gotten run over though.
Reply to: #973677 by Sirius Star Gazer
Apr 1, 2019 1:46pm
Thread
It had just spent an hour and a half crawling out of that pond!
Reply to: #973677 by Sirius Star Gazer
Apr 1, 2019 1:49pm
Thread
I stopped and threw one back in a pond that could have gotten run over though.

That was a tortoise. Soup's on!
Reply to: #973662 by Green Tortuga
Apr 1, 2019 3:23pm
Thread
Please check. I have addresses posted on all of them. Thank you.
Reply to: #973688 by JBartiste
Apr 1, 2019 10:41pm
Thread
I took a look at the map and it was only showing 3 boxes by you. The route was a little off so I adjusted it a little bit and now it is showing 20 boxes. So either the reprocessing fixed it (I think this is the answer) or the route adjustment did (but it barely changed so unlikely).

https://www.atlasquest.com/results.php?typeId=1;status=9;coords=30,0,100000;rad=5;location=ALONG+Interstate+77;planterId=101427
Reply to: #973713 by Eidolon
Apr 1, 2019 11:02pm
Thread
Perfect! Yes 20 should be correct! Thank you.
Reply to: #973680 by PI Joe
Apr 2, 2019 9:49am
Thread
Yep it probably did LOL.
LBNA and AQ
Apr 3, 2019 8:59am
Thread
Has AQ started automatically marking boxes listed on LBNA as found?
IN the past few months I've neglected cross checking both sites and have started to today but it seems when I go to check found on LBNA it is done. It soure would be a huge gift if that is the case.
Re: LBNA and AQ
Reply to: #973757 by Sagacorn
Apr 3, 2019 5:35pm
Thread
I would love that to be the case but I have not found that on my plants or finds.
Problem Creating New Trip Route
Apr 6, 2019 6:41am
Thread
My son graduates from Navy Office Candidate School over Memorial Day weekend and we decided to drive out for the event and box along the way. As a premium member I thought I'd create a new trip route and search for letterboxes along the route. I started by listing the origin and destination and then a name for the route and then I got to the map where I could modify the route but I cannot seem to get past that point. When I click NEXT PAGE it takes me to the Unauthorized Page instead of the Restrictions Page. Here is the URL of the page I get to:

https://www.atlasquest.com/trips/add/restrictions.php?viewId=c91673d03e452eebff793acdbe4ecc3f

and here is some of the text on that page:

Unauthorized
You are unauthorized to view that page. The FBI have been notified and will be calling shortly. (Just kidding about the FBI, but you are unauthorized to view that page.)

If I click SAVE instead of NEXT it appears to work and saves my route so I guess I'm okay and I wasn't planning to add any restrictions but I am not sure if I've missed any other important steps in the trip creation process.
Unable to create .GPX file of all boxes along a route
Apr 6, 2019 7:09am
Thread
Okay, I created a new trip from Arlington, Tx to Newport, RI and searched for boxes along the route and AQ found around 1300 boxes. Great! However, when I try to view these on the map in AQ I can only see the first 100 boxes on the trip. If I select page 2 of the search results I can then see boxes #101 - 200. Okay, fine. I understand that limitation.

Now, I am trying to export the boxes to the GPS in my car and, again, it only creates a file of the first 100 boxes, however, I cannot figure out how to get it to create another file with the next hundred boxes, etc. Even if the search results page is displaying boxes 101 thru 200 if I click on GPX box to create a .GPX file it only creates a file of boxes 1 - 100.

The CSV button creates a file of all 1267 boxes in the search results but the GPX button does not. If there is a limitation of 100 boxes per file then I would like it to create a separate file for each set of 100 boxes up to the number of boxes in my search results.
Re: Problem Creating New Trip Route
Reply to: #973856 by PI Joe
Apr 8, 2019 12:19pm
Thread
Fixed the bug. There aren't any restrictions you can add to a trip (they are for you and only you so there's nobody to restrict it from) which is why you get the error page.

That was it, though. No other pages came after that! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Unable to create .GPX file of all boxes along a route
Reply to: #973857 by PI Joe
Apr 8, 2019 12:39pm
Thread
Give it another whirl. You should get 2500 results now. (Non-premium members 1000.)

-- Ryan
Re: Unable to create .GPX file of all boxes along a route
Reply to: #973955 by Green Tortuga
Apr 8, 2019 2:03pm
Thread
Excellent! Thanks for the "fix/update/change"!