Search Edit

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

Re: Question on Unlisted Boxes
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #973000 by Angel Winks
Mar 20, 2019 8:16am
Thread
Other categories?

I track the county the box is actually located in, which is not always listed or sometimes listed incorectly on AQ and/or LbNA. This is because I am on a quest:

Red for geocaching finds and/or plants. Blue for letterboxing finds and/or plants. Purple for both.
Re: Bonus boxes
Reply to: #972969 by Wronghat
Mar 20, 2019 8:19am
Thread
dependency feature was added Jun 29, 2012

Thanks for the information. That helps explain what may be the reason for them being listed the way they were.
Reply to: #973000 by Angel Winks
Mar 20, 2019 8:35am
Thread
Excellent, everyone! Thank you.
spreadsheets
Mar 20, 2019 9:50am
Thread
I don't know much about spreadsheets......but it seems like the new changes to the online logbooks included a way to easily transfer all the information in one's logbook to a spreadsheet. I can't find anything about it, though. How do we start the process of making a spreadsheet from our online logbook?
Re: spreadsheets
Reply to: #973018 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
Mar 20, 2019 10:06am
Thread
I couldn't figure out how to make it work, but at the bottom of your profile page is a section to download various parts of your logbook.
Reply to: #972951 by Hart x6
Mar 20, 2019 12:39pm
Thread
I guess I have another question . . . why?

Seems to me the more desirable way to go about it would be to have all ones boxes (listed and unlisted) be in one online logbook.

They are in one logbook, just on different pages. Actually, having the unlisted finds listed all together on one page in the dropdown menu is I think the only thing I like about the logbook since the update.

With regard to the so called slowness issue of having listed and unlisted all together, I never noticed any kind of slow loading of my logbook with them all together so I saw no reason for the change.

For me, my logbook was perfectly fine before the update. Now the one long page thing takes longer to load than it did before. I mean it loaded fine before. Now it takes longer. I don't see anything efficient about that.
Re: spreadsheets
Reply to: #973022 by Topcollector
Mar 20, 2019 3:27pm
Thread
I couldn't figure out how to make it work, but at the bottom of your profile page is a section to download various parts of your logbook.

Thank you! Now that I know where it is, maybe I can figure it out!

QM
Find dates
Mar 21, 2019 7:25pm
Thread
When I record a find, I sometimes don't log it until several days after I find the box. Previously, I was able to change the date so that the correct find date was listed. Now, no matter what I do to try to change the date, it always lists the day that I logged the box not the day I found it.
Why is that?
Is there a way to change the date?
Re: Find dates
Reply to: #973108 by InveterateLearner
Mar 21, 2019 10:22pm
Thread
Yes. If you are in Record Find, hover your mouse over the right side of the date and there are up/down arrows or you can manually change the date. I just did it with an LTC.
Reply to: #973108 by InveterateLearner
Mar 22, 2019 3:16am
Thread
I just recorded a find on a box just listed in the past 24 hours.

Record Find allowed me to change the find date to 2018-09-09

Previously, we weren't able to record a find date earlier than the plant date.

(I highlighted the date in the box and over-wrote it to the date I wanted.)
Newly listed boxes
Mar 22, 2019 6:19am
Thread
Where is the Widget for newly listed traditional boxes? It used to be a Widget. Is it no longer? If so is there anything that replaced it?
Re: Newly listed boxes
Reply to: #973120 by Sagacorn
Mar 22, 2019 7:32am
Thread
Where is the Widget for newly listed traditional boxes?

On the toolbar near the top of this page click on My Page. In the Upper Right in grey pick Add Widget. From the list choose Newest Traditional.
Reply to: #973120 by Sagacorn
Mar 22, 2019 2:10pm
Thread
Where is the Widget for newly listed traditional boxes? It used to be a Widget. Is it no longer? If so is there anything that replaced it?

"Newest Letterboxes" appear automatically on the homepage. Why do you need a widget? I'm not being a smarty pants. I really want to know.

signed curious in Croton
Reply to: #973116 by Grrly Girl
Mar 22, 2019 6:46pm
Thread
Didn't work for me.
Reply to: #973143 by InveterateLearner
Mar 22, 2019 7:03pm
Thread
It did work for me. After changing the date, be sure to mark the spot for Found. Then hit record find.
Reply to: #973131 by MissMoon
Mar 22, 2019 7:05pm
Thread
I am asking for someone else. I have had this on my home page for a long time but I had to add it from a widget. When I look at the Widget list there is none for Newest Boxes. ((but apparently they disappear from the Widget list when added to a home page)).
MissMoon is this being automatically on the home page a new feature or in existence for some time because I know I had to add mine from a widget?
Reply to: #973145 by Sagacorn
Mar 22, 2019 7:12pm
Thread
My list of newest traditional boxes on the Home page is world-wide.
My list on My Page which was added with the widget is just the newest traditional boxes from the state I'm in. Oh, I see the widget can be edited and I've limited it to my state.
Becoming a Member
Mar 22, 2019 7:39pm
Thread
I would like to become a member so I can look for a restricted letterbox. Please advise and assist me with this. I will be forever grateful. Thanks. Tricia
Re: Becoming a Member
Reply to: #973147 by eljana893
Mar 22, 2019 7:51pm
Thread
I would like to become a member so I can look for a restricted letterbox.

According to your profile you became a member on February 22, 2019.
Some boxes restrict their clues to members who have had a certain minimum of finds and more rarely, plants. So keep recording your finds and keep planting. Most of those restrictions are about ten recorded finds but sometimes someone will have a restriction of much more than that. I can't wait to see what pops up when I get 1K finds.
Re: Becoming a Member
Reply to: #973147 by eljana893
Mar 22, 2019 8:02pm
Thread
Piggybacking off of what Wronghat said, premium membership won’t automatically free up restricted boxes for you. We became PMs at the start and we still have the occasional box open up.

That said, I encourage you to become a member anyway. There are perks that non-members don’t get. But more importantly it helps support this website.

Try here: https://www.tinyurl.com/y66phf2a
Reply to: #973116 by Grrly Girl
Mar 23, 2019 8:30am
Thread
Previously, we weren't able to record a find date earlier than the plant date.

Strictly speaking, you weren't able to record finds in a year before the plant date. I didn't want the drop-down list for the year to be any longer than necessary so used the year of the plant date as the earliest year available.

But AQ never enforced it and people often recorded finds before the plant date as long as it was the same year as the plant date. And for those who knew how to hack forms, there was nothing to stop people from logging finds from earlier years.

Since I changed the dates to use a date picker and any year can be recorded, AQ allows any year to be recorded. I still haven't added such restrictions and don't really see any reason to do so.

The "restriction" before was more an artifact of the design of the website than an actual restriction enforced by AQ.

-- Ryan
error on LTC tracker
Mar 25, 2019 11:13am
Thread
I'm trying to change the specs on an LTC tracker and I just keep getting an error that says "launch date required" and I can't save it.

The launch date is filled in and is a future date. Any ideas?
Re: error on LTC tracker
Reply to: #973321 by BaliWho
Mar 25, 2019 12:30pm
Thread
It sounds silly, but did you double check the year? Sometimes that has caused problems.
Reply to: #973330 by Topcollector
Mar 25, 2019 12:51pm
Thread
Yes. I have tried multiple months and years between 2019-2020
Reply to: #973332 by BaliWho
Mar 25, 2019 2:07pm
Thread
Shucks, it was just a thought.
Reply to: #973321 by BaliWho
Mar 25, 2019 2:44pm
Thread
Sorry about that! Should be fixed now.

-- Ryan
Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Mar 27, 2019 4:17pm
Thread
I just went back in my logbook to my oldest boxes & see that almost all my 2004 finds are not recorded. When I went to record them, they won't record. These are all boxes that were listed on LbNA, not atlasquest, but since I'm a premium member, I should be able to record them anyway, correct? What might I be doing wrong? Thanks!
Re: Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Reply to: #973451 by Early Risers
Mar 27, 2019 4:25pm
Thread
Look under Unlisted Finds to find your lbna finds.
Reply to: #973452 by cooledcoyote
Mar 27, 2019 4:28pm
Thread
Reply to: #973453 by Wronghat
Mar 27, 2019 4:38pm
Thread
I just found another problem, I think, with unlisted boxes being separated. There's no way to tell if they are traditional or LTCs, they're all mixed, so there's really no way to have a total count of finds for each kind of box/find.