Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
...with a toilet seat? I want to see this.
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... ???! I gotta hear this...😄
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
BL 47 said... GT said... But, you can always post what you have on the boards. Someone here might be able to help. We love a good puzzle.
by Boxer Lover47ProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for the answer, Ryan. Happy trails!
Oh, thank you for the offer. But this is kind of a negative thing re: the people I'm searching for, so I don't want to go public with it. (And it doesn't include the word "boxer" in the name.)
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
... It doesn't happen to be a search for something including "amatta_u", right? RIGHT? right?
Dang! I just can't put anything over on you! (Seriously, though, of course not. 8~P)
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
If it has to do with trash-gryphons I can help.
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... I want to know why!
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
... This ought to get some new members on W4F.
I started to list a clue. I went away from my mobile device. When I came back to finish the last details, the page refreshed itself and went back to where I choose the type of clue. Is there somewhere that the clue that I started to type is still ha...
by Mama DeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Not sure about being able to retrieve it, but I have had this happen to me also.( I wonder if this is peculiar to mobile devices only...hummm???) So I have done 2 things to help safeguard my postings. #1 if I have to go away from device, I copy it to...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
I agree that there is not much that can be done now to retrieve it (but then again I’m not that computer savvy). I’ll echo the above comments and say it’s a good practice to copy occasionally when composing any long compositions on the computer. Ac...
Thank you both for your input. I was afraid of that. It would not be such a big deal but that it was a six stamp series. Alas, I shall do it again. After all, somebody needs those clues to hunt! Hehe.
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
I never list a box on my phone. I wait until I get home and do it on the laptop in the comfort of my chair. Plenty of time for composing, checking for typos, editing, etc. And from what I've seen of clue pages on AQ, if you add a photo to the clues f...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I normally do this also but last week, I impulsively hid a box which was only going to need very simple clues. I posted the clues from my phone because I knew a friend was going to be in this remote area that same day and I wanted to give her the...
by MimProfileContactLogbookNote
I logged a stamp in a series as found and I would like to remove that. How do I do it? Thanks.
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
Go to the find in your logbook. On the far right end of the line is an icon that I think is a remove find icon.
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
View finds--click on your checkmark--click to confirm delete find
by MimProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you!
by ElleProfileContactLogbookNote
... We used to have green checkmarks beside finds but I don't have those anymore since the update. Is that now a premium feature?
... That's interesting. I never had it happen n the laptop. Maybe the file was just never too large. ... Yeah, they can time out on the laptop also.
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
No. They're gone for everyone.
... Thanks for the information. I do miss them.
... Just open it in any photo editor and resave it. Dunno why, but that removes the sideways-turning formatting (technical term. Ahem.) You don't even have to change anything (unless the file is too large.) It will open rightside up in the editor....
... As do we all.
... Mine never load sideways on the laptop.
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
Green checks on boxes a person has found are now only on search pages--not the logbook.
When I do a search I always check "hide my finds" so I didn't see them there. I thought they were completely gone. Thanks!
Mine always did, and I've used 3 different ones. None were Apples, though. Maybe that's it.