Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by Mama StorkProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Hi Ryan, When I am on the message board, I have a large field of white space on the right half of the screen. The message boxes only take up approximately 1/2 the computer screen (the left half). The top and bottom menus fill the screen appropriatel...
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
I've updated it so the posts are as wide as your entire page. =) You might have to refresh your browser to get the changes, but they'll eventually be picked up regardless. Happy trails! -- Ryan
by Mama StorkProfileContactLogbookNote
You are the best!
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
I can't see all of my finds any longer in alphabetical order. There's a 500-box limit. And then everything is by year. So if I'm looking for a box I found previously, and I know the name of it, but not what year I found it, I would need to click on eac...
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I agree. I also like to look up LTC finds by owner but now that's not possible unless they are in the first 500. And now I can't easily see my LTC count from my logbook, I'll have to manually add up the LTCs in each year.
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
... I would do Letterboxes -> Simple Search (type in name of box) and it shows the last found date, and your find date. I also looked at Letterboxes -> Advanced Search -> Participants and if you type in your name as "Finder", (search button is way at...
I did that and it worked, kind of. It shows 957 finds, but I'm sure I have over 2,000
by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes, when I go to the My Profile page, and click on the various numbers for Finds, Plants, Attempts, etc, other options come up. For example, I clicked on my Finds number, and a list of my 500 first plants came up. I clicked on my Attempts number, an...
I didn't know those lists were there. At least I can see how many I have, but I'll miss being able to search for all the LTCs by owner. When I used the advanced search I got 3 different results for the same search. I've never really gotten the knac...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
I noticed that for mine, it listed the name of the series, and not each individual box. But, at least I seem to get the entire alphabet to look at, unlike the "first 500" list (>.<)
by phynstarProfileContactLogbookNote
You can do a "simple search" which is quicker. Ryan posted info on his blog.
... No, it's not. It doesn't show my unlisted finds. It assumes I know the location. I have to wade through listings of boxes I haven't found. I just want to browse and search ONLY my finds or ONLY my plants. I'd also like to be able to search my...
by RocklunProfileContactLogbookNote
I tried to go to someone's profile page to look up a box, but I got the following error: ... So I tried going to a few other folks' profile pages and got the same error. Anyone else running into this?
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Rocklun, I just went to your page and saw the same thing.
by BinoBoxerProfileContactLogbookNote
Ut oh, I found Marjorie too!
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
I can open my own profile, but no one else's.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like most of the complaints about this update are people wanting to search for a specific box--and now they have to search through several pages to find it in the logbook? Two brief comments about that: The log...
To answer specific questions and comments people have: ... You can look this up in your profile. -- Ryan
... Keep in mind that the search page puts all boxes from a series in a single line. When I ran a search for all of your finds, it included results such as "All About Indiana (29)." That 29 means there were 29 boxes in that series that match your searc...
... Sorry about that. Bug in the code. Should be fixed now! -- Ryan
... I think you're mixing up the "location-based search" with the "basic search." The basic search doesn't require a location and allows you to search for boxes you planted. Searching for your finds would require the advanced search option. (Although...
... Sorry about that! Should be fixed now! -- Ryan
by RocklunProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for fixing this so quickly, Ryan!! 😊
by rooProfileContactLogbookNote
... I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I would love to have a field for location when creating a listing for an unlisted find [premium member feature].
by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks so much!
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Changes like this make me happy that my REAL logbook is an excel spreadsheet that I have maintained for 15 years. I can sort it any way that I want.
... Which was annoying but at least if I knew the name of the box started with the letter "R" I could pretty quickly narrow down where that was in my logbook. Now, if I don't know what year I found it (who does??), then I have to go to each year, hunti...
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
My counts are low...so maybe its diffrent if you have 1000 of finds or plants??? Why not just use the advanced search to find all your plants or finds or attempts? Say I admire a particular boxers style of clue writing... I might go to advanced searc...
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
My REAL logbook: https://www.atlasquest.com/images/gallery/14/62/146251lg.jpg
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
Oh wow. A random sample of boxers who's trailname I happen to know....Some of y'all have 15 or twenty pages worth of finds!?! That's amazing. I'm clearly doing this wrong.