Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by MichKathyProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
I’m glad to hear that the new version is working for you!
by All 4 BamaProfileContactLogbookNote
Is this Apple, Android or either?
by YankocatsProfileContactLogbookNote
I just recently message from Choi(LBNA) i did adopt box to my name from adoptable list and question is - how do you transfer clue from LBNA to AQ using new owner from adopted box? I am not expert to start. Yankocats
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
... LBNA and AQ have different policies about adoptions--on AQ I believe the original owner's permission is required for someone else to adopt a box unless the original owner is known to be deceased. Even if the original owner hasn't checked in in a l...
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
This should answer your questions on adopting LBNA boxes on AQ.
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
... The third paragraph of the Wiki I posted I thought applied: The policy of not allowing adoptions extends to creating new listings on AQ of adopted boxes. In other words, if you adopt a box on LBNA, do not list it on AQ without the explicit permiss...
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... For those who disagree, think of it this way: If the owner of the box on LbNA hadn't listed it on AQ, it was probably for a reason. Maybe the reason was that they didn't know AQ existed or maybe it's because they hate AQ, but they had a reason and...
The original owner past away sometime ago and box became adoptable list, I claim it thru LBNA webmaster named Choi. Email to him, he did transfer box to my trail name and it is done deal. Box is now under yankocats - it’s new owner.
Box owner was deceased for several years. This box is from LBNA, contact webmaster by email saying box is now adoptable. So Choi(Lbna webmaster) did asked me what number and he did legally changed ownership of box to my trail name. It is done deal and...
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Bless you for keeping a long loved box alive. Did I just hear a bell ring? Warrior Woman 'every time a bell rings, an angel get its wings'
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... By my understanding of the rules you should be able to list it here. Nevertheless, wait until GT responds and says that it is okay.
by KatieKatProfileContactLogbookNote
Perhaps this has been answered before but I could not find it. Is it possible to see a map with all the letterboxes in a particular area? If so, how will I view it?
... If the original owner didn't want their box listed on AQ, then you shouldn't do it! Respect their wishes. Just because they died doesn't mean their opinion no longer counts. I don't care if someone else told you it's okay--it's not. Ignore that ad...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... ... on LBNA only. Choi can allow you to be the listed owner of that box on that site but it has no bearing on what other webmasters must do. They have the right to respect that or not.
https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/simplesearch/
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Once you have your list of boxes in the area, scroll down to the bottom. There will be a box to check all boxes, a box to print checked boxes, and a box to map boxes. Click the box to map boxes after you check the letterboxes you want to map. It wi...
Okay, question. What if a box is listed on both sites and not linked to each other. And box owner dies. It becomes adoptable on LBNA. Someone adopts it. What of the listing of the same box on AQ? How would that work?
by ST-RangerProfileContactLogbookNote
As said before, after you do a search, scroll to the bottom of the list you get and select all (click on "CHECK ALL" button). Right near that button is the "MAP BOXES" and if you select that one you would get a map of all the boxes you found and you c...
by ElleProfileContactLogbookNote
... Learn something new every day!!
... Sorry, I’m not trying to be snippy (nor do I have any authority here) but how is that (A) relevant to the original question and (B) not answered by the posted links and answered by Ryan himself? Unless I’m terrible confused the situation is clea...
Reading the op had me wondering. Say I had a box named Christmas and had it listed with clues on both sites separately. I died. Now my Christmas box is adoptable on LBNA. Someone adopts it. But what of the same Christmas box listing on AQ? If...
... I don't think consent has to be written--it could be a person's last gasp--I'll try to make it mine.
by KatieKatProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you. So easy once one knows how.
... I do let people adopt boxes on AQ if the owner dies. They clearly don't mind it being on AQ if they listed it themselves, after all, and I don't want the box to become trash by leaving it abandoned, and it's clearly impossible to get permission fro...
Yeap, different senerio, but related. As i said, the OP got me thinking about it. Another senerio is the owner didn't die, just hasn't logged on in years. Box is adopted on LBNA. What happens to listing here? I've seen a few boxes around here tha...
... Nothing. LbNA doesn't make decisions about how adoptions on AQ work. If you can get the owner to agree to let you adopt the box, though, they can transfer ownership to you. If they don't agree, you can't adopt the box here. ... If the clue is host...
I just copied a clue from the clue page of a reserved box I had created. I then deleted the reserved box, because I wanted the date for the box to be Christmas, created a new box and cut and pasted the clues I had just copied to the new box clues. Th...
I’ve notice a similar thing as well. I typed up a paragraph that I use often in communications and saved it in notes. It has a couple of bolded bits. The bolding never makes the cut and paste. I’m guessing this is the way your browser chooses what it...
by ArnoldZiffelProfileContactLogbookNote
FYI, you can change the plant date on a reserved box by using the “edit box” option. Looking forward to finding your new boxes soon!
... It depends on what you're cutting and pasting. If you cut and paste the actual clue as it's displayed to people, the formatting you use isn't going to get saved. Doesn't matter where you cut and paste from--the formatting doesn't get saved to AQ--j...