Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

child accounts
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Apr 3, 2011 2:45pm
Thread
Created a subaccount for one of my kids, and she would like to change her name. SO, of course I created a subaccount with her NEW name, not thinking. Is there an easy way to delete the old one? Transferring her finds won't be an issue--she only has a handful!

TIA

MS
Colors on mobile version
Apr 3, 2011 5:59pm
Thread
When I access AQ from my phone's browser and try to read an AQmail message, the background is beige/yellow and the text is white. I can't read it at all. This did not used to be true. Is there a mobile URL I should be using instead?
Re: child accounts
Reply to: #596910 by Mama Stork
Apr 3, 2011 6:19pm
Thread
Is there an easy way to delete the old one?

Admins can delete an account.

-- Ryan
Re: Colors on mobile version
Reply to: #596950 by MO UR4Me
Apr 3, 2011 6:20pm
Thread
When I access AQ from my phone's browser and try to read an AQmail message, the background is beige/yellow and the text is white

What kind of phone/browser are you using?

-- Ryan
Reply to: #596963 by Green Tortuga
Apr 3, 2011 6:25pm
Thread
Verizon LG enV Touch.
Reply to: #596967 by MO UR4Me
Apr 3, 2011 8:33pm
Thread
Hmm... Yeah, I have no idea why you're seeing white text, and that's way out of my area of testing!

I looked through the CSS, but I didn't find anything that seemed out of place. =(

You could try enabling the White on Black theme, which deliberately uses white text, but applies a black background color to make it legible. Best I can figure, though, your browser isn't properly applying the CSS styles. Seems weird that it only breaks for this theme, though, since I just copy existing themes then tweak the colors and images to make new themes. I'm not sure why the problem would only show up with this theme and not in all of them.

-- Ryan
The email announcement
Apr 4, 2011 5:35am
Thread
What happened to the little banner that came up on top of the page when you had an unread email? It was a nice touch.
Krickster
Re: The email announcement
Reply to: #597012 by Krickster
Apr 4, 2011 6:42am
Thread
It was there yesterday. I don't have any mail right now though, so it could be missing and I wouldn't be able to tell.

TG
Reply to: #597025 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 4, 2011 7:03am
Thread
I had one on my screen just this morning.
Reply to: #597037 by Dizzy
Apr 4, 2011 7:12am
Thread
Someone was kind enough to send me mail so that I could see for myself, and the banner telling me that I have 1 new letter IS there.

TG
Apr 4, 2011 8:54am
Thread
I believe that if you have your AQ mail automatically sent to your regular e-mail the banner does not show. I haven't had one for years.. did you change your settings lately?

Just a thought...
~C~
Apr 4, 2011 10:25am
Thread
I have one right now, only I can't answer it from the school computer because "organized email" is blocked :P
Re: Planting boxes at dog parks
Reply to: #594954 by veganf and the Dolphins
Apr 4, 2011 11:20am
Thread
I found those "tree" boxes this weekend..definately no dogs could get those...maybe a racoon could.
Re: HH transport vessel
Reply to: #596315 by Artemis
Apr 4, 2011 11:32am
Thread
Most of the HHs I have sent out have been in one freezer ziploc bag. Usually a small sized one. They seem to survive and can then be put in a pouch sometimes. A pill bottle wouldn't fit in many we find in our area.

Also try and put it in a well trafficed box so it gets moving quickly.

Enjoy.
Reply to: #596980 by Green Tortuga
Apr 4, 2011 3:43pm
Thread
I experimented and my phone does this with all themes (except white text on black, which I will just use).
Apr 4, 2011 8:43pm
Thread
mine is also working just fine :)
Reply to: #596961 by Green Tortuga
Apr 4, 2011 11:18pm
Thread
I have a question... a wonder, a need for an opion containing advice from someone who knows more about sub accounts than me?

I know the sub-accounts are here and flurishing, but I am still pondering the use of one as a "child account"...

My reservations are this: 1. I really want to make an account for my little Bugg, she loves boxing and enjoys having her own identity, stamp and "stuff" on the computer. Although she is young she has decided on her "name" and has a signature stamp of her own... since we do postal rings I carved her a special signature stamp for Christmas and she loves using it...
2. I enjoy our team name and like using the "team" stamp for events, mainly becasue it's easier to use one stamp that does not require writing at all. And she doesn't attend events with me yet (her attention span is too short for a whole day of boxing, weather and loads of people all at once!)... 3. I would like to log her finds seperate from mine (Mommy Turtle) so that as she gets older she can actually find and record the stamps she has not actually found with me... I go to events without her and have some "mommy days" of boxing with adults so that I can have fun and find the ones that would not peek her intrest. and last but not least 4. I wonder if by doing so I should actually make 2 sub accounts to log finds and keep all of our plants under the team...

Wondering how difficult, confusing and complicated all this will be...

Thanks for your advice and imput :)
one confused "Mommy Turtle"
Reply to: #597292 by Team Turtle_Bugg
Apr 5, 2011 4:20am
Thread
We are the WiseFamily, even though it is mainly my daughter and I who enjoy LBing.

I created a subaccount for her becauase I wanted her to get credit for her own carves, plants and finds.

I am still the owner of anything she does so that I know what is going on.

When we log a find, it will list WiseFamily and WiseFairy and you click the box next to whoever found them. This works great because sometimes we get a postal that she doesn't stamp in, so it's just WiseFamily find. Or she is in two kid rings and all the finds are hers, I don't stamp them in or log them as finds for WiseFamily.

She can receive AQ mail which I read and then tell her any msgs, but she cannot send AQ mail.

We mainly just created the account because she wanted her own finds and plants counted and I wanted her credited as a carver.

HTH
WiseMama
Reply to: #597316 by WiseMama
Apr 5, 2011 12:48pm
Thread
Thanks a bunch :) that did help me sort out a few of my own thoughts!!!

I wonder though, do you have your own as well as "WiseMama" or do you only use that when you are talking to, writing, blogging, texting, messaging and such? I ask becasue my friends and a few family memebers I box with call me Mommy Turtle and I have been using that alot, but cannot decide if I should have my own page for finds as well...??? I want to seperate her stuff fo sure, but don't know if I am making too much work for myself by trying to seperate it out further...

Thanks again for the imput and info!
Mommy Turtle
Reply to: #597455 by Team Turtle_Bugg
Apr 5, 2011 2:01pm
Thread
No, I use WiseFamily for planting/finds/carving. I sign WiseMama when I'm talking here. If WiseGuy ever starts carving or anything, I'll change. But for now this works just fine.

If you ever see anything WiseFamily you can be 99.9999% sure it's actually me, I am the family spokesperson here. As the boys get older and want to have their own accounts I may re-think everything. Or maybe when I get a premium membership.

WiseMama
Can not record find
Apr 7, 2011 6:08am
Thread
Can someone tell me why I can not record finding one of the "We all scream for ice cream 2010 series" boxes. I can record other boxes & HH boxes. I can search it, find it, put in a found date but nothing happens when I hit record find. I randomly picked another from the series to try & that didn't work either.
Thanks in advance, El
Re: Can not record find
Reply to: #597833 by El
Apr 7, 2011 6:39am
Thread
On the 'Record Finds' page, towards the upper left, there is a yellow box with each letterbox in the series listed, and columns labeled 'Found', 'Missing' and 'N/A'. The default is 'N/A' for boxes listed in a series. You have to choose which box(es) in the series that you found, because AQ doesn't assume that because you found one, you found them all.

TG
Reply to: #597841 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 7, 2011 6:44am
Thread
We All Scream For Ice Cream boxes were all listed separately, not in a series, unless the individual had a series of boxes for that event. Mine is here.
Reply to: #597842 by Dizzy
Apr 7, 2011 6:46am
Thread
The first listing that came up when I searched was a series of two boxes. I didn't realize there were others. I was able to record finds on the two boxes in that series though (I deleted them right away, of course). I guess maybe we need to know which specific box El is referring to.

TG
Reply to: #597843 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 7, 2011 8:36am
Thread
I guess maybe we need to know which specific box El is referring to.

Yes, that would help a lot. My search turned up over a hundred boxes with this name! =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #597861 by Green Tortuga
Apr 7, 2011 11:57am
Thread
Sorry, had to go to work. It's the one in Reading, MA. It just seems to be that one. I tried a couple others & they went through fine (of course then removed the find, that worked too).
Reply to: #597913 by El
Apr 7, 2011 1:02pm
Thread
It's the one in Reading, MA. It just seems to be that one.

I logged in as you, found the box, recorded a find on it, and it worked just fine. Don't know what you're talking about--seems to work just fine. =)

I don't know what date you found it so you might want to record the find with the correct date (I used the default of today's date), but it seems to work just fine. I even see you listed in the finds when I'm logged into my own account.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #597934 by Green Tortuga
Apr 8, 2011 11:20am
Thread
I have to say it will remain a mystery. Because all of a sudden it worked.
Thanks for looking into it though,
El
Re: create white/black list
Reply to: #559859 by WalkinOrange
Apr 11, 2011 4:35pm
Thread
so I created an empty black list but apparently it prevented people logged in from seeing the box. hmmmm. what went wrong? asked of the empty air since it seems to be working for others.
Re: create white/black list
Reply to: #598921 by Baqash
Apr 11, 2011 5:02pm
Thread
Did you accidentally put it as a whitelist restriction? My blacklist works just like it's supposed to.