Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
My Real logbook: Ha ha! Last count I had 32 books like that....thus, I prefer my spreadsheet.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
at least if I knew the name of the box started with the letter "R" I could pretty quickly narrow down where that was in my logbook. That still sounds like a lot of work when you can run a search for all boxes that start with the letter R that you've fo...
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
You aren’t doing anything wrong. My first find was in 2000 and I just hit F1000 last year. Warrior Woman it’s not about the numbers
Changes like this make me happy that my REAL logbook is an excel spreadsheet that I have maintained for 15 years. That reminds me... I've been meaning to create a way for people to do just that and it's now live! Look for links to download finds, plant...
by Rocket RaiderProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't get your example search to work for me. I go to advanced search and put a single letter in the box name field, and I only get boxes with that single letter alone in their name. I don't get a list of "begins...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't get your example search to work for me. I go to advanced search and put a single letter in the box name field, and I only get boxes with that single letter alone in their name. I don't get a list of "begins...
by Rocket RaiderProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks!
Your post got me curious enough to go digging. There's a lot of good stuff for people who dig. *nodding* =) -- Ryan
by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
And Dawnkey is very good at doing that. I'm glad to be a boxing buddy with her.
There's a lot of good stuff for people who dig. Maybe it helps that I used to be an archaeologist. :)
by SummerfunProfileContactLogbookNote
Including unlisted (there would need to be a way to add location for those) I found all my unlisted finds from my profile page, by choosing Traditional, 500, and Alphabetical. The resulting list began with all the unlisted boxes, in alpha order.
by BaliWhoProfileContactLogbookNote
Look for links to download finds, plants and attempts at the bottom of your profile page. Cool feature! Typo noted: When you click the 'finds' option, it saves the file as "plants". It really is the finds list, though.
When you click the 'finds' option, it saves the file as "plants". It really is the finds list, though. Thanks! It's been fixed! =) -- Ryan
by Mama StorkProfileContactLogbookNote
I've updated it so the posts are as wide as your entire page. =) You might have to refresh your browser to get the changes, but they'll eventually be picked up regardless. And my browser caught up finally! Thank you
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
I've seen the discussion about how the logbooks supposedly work.....recent unlisted finds are not showing up (although I know they're in there because my F count is accurate); but now listed finds aren't showing either. Dbare and I found two listed bo...
Looks like you have over 500 finds this year already (WOW!, really??), so the list won't show all of them. I don't know how it decides which ones to show, since they don't show up when sorting by newest. But, when I added 'pale' under the starts with...
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you.....I'm guessing I'm just weak in terms of understanding how the searches run.....we were blessed to be able to attend the last of the Night Owls event in Maine....what a start to the year that was......amazing carves and a ton of boxes!!
Oh yea! I was there, too! I found tons, too! I guess I could have over 500 finds, too. I don’t really consider any of the hotel boxes or bucks boxes that were just laying out to be ‘traditional’ boxes though. So if they were listed that way, I manua...
by condoProfileContactLogbookNote
Ok, I made a reserve box. Screen shot the directions for finding it again.... but can't find the screen shot :/
Go to your logbook page. In the Action box select Plants. In the Box Type box select Reserved. In the Year box select All or the year in which you made the reserved listing.
by condoProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you!
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm looking for my LTC plants in my logbook. When I select plants, I thought I could sort by "LTCs" but my only choice is "Name", "Owner" or "Launch". What am I doing wrong? I was sure that's how I found them in the past. *Actually, under Action, n...
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
on your profile page, the 'chart' that shows your activity has a line for LTCs. continuing across that line are your plants, finds, etc for LTCs
Thanks. I never got in that way before. But in my logbook I should be able to see my events, contacts, finds, plants... I can't. I can just see trackers. Edit--it's fixed now.
I see the problem, there is now a GO button I have to push to change the view. I missed that.
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
How do we download a file with all our finds? I know there's a way, I just can't find the right page where that is listed. And hopefully there is a link to download our unlisted finds as well now that they have been separated out? I guess I need to st...
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Go to "My Profile". Click the link to go to your profile page, scroll to bottom of the page past the survey if you took it. There are a few different choices for down loads. You will need a spreadsheet program to read.
Thank you! I might actually try Google Docs instead of Excel. That way I could access it from any device.
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Happy to help. :)
Another question: I'm getting more traditional finds listed on the downloaded spreadsheets than what AQ is showing online. For example, the downloaded spreadsheet shows 3574 traditional AQ finds, while the online AQ logbook shows 3143 traditionals. So...