Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by Mosaic ButterflyProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Your best bet is to delete it and start over, setting the new one up as an LTC tracker. mb
by shutterbug2012ProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks
by KimbiProfileContactLogbookNote
We are just starting to figure out letterboxing and we're wondering if there are any specific rules or laws about where we can place a letterbox in our area. Who do we ask- how do we know?
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
... I recommend finding several letterboxes before planting. That way you'll see what places people like to letterbox and what places people avoid (schoolgrounds, playgrounds, prisons, poison ivy patches, landfills, Walmart dumpsters) The Code of Con...
by Trekkie GalProfileContactLogbookNote
Find your state board and see if there's anybody in your area. TG
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... By no means a complete list, check the Land Manager Policies section of the help pages. It'll at least give you some information. You can also try googling phrases like "letterboxing in texas state parks" or whatever is relevant to you or the speci...
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... What do you mean to avoid ivy patches? My first plant was in an ivy patch! Seriously, I didn't know what poison ivy looked like, and I ended up planting in a sparse patch of poison ivy. In my defense, even if I'd know what do look for it was ear...
by NeoterraProfileContactLogbookNote
Is everyone else missing their aq mail altogether?
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Not me. Hmmmm ... I see that your account is relatively new, and I cannot honestly say I know what the AQ mailbox would look like if I had never sent or received mail .... So I'll send you an AQ mail and let's see what happens. Warrior Woman alway...
... I wasn't even sure what you meant by this, so I logged into your account and it appears you minimized your AQ mail widget. And I thought--ah, that's what you meant! So I maximized it again. Click the + button in the upper-right corner of the page...
Oh thank you, it's working!
Thank you!
Must have done an accidental click.
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
A bug in the system according to the message. For now I'll do a screen shot. Soup's On and the pot is steaming hot !
by MichKathyProfileContactLogbookNote
I can't view the clues for a box. Do an advanced search, click on a box, click on the link to its clues. Error page displayed.
I bet it's something Wassa did. *nodding* -- Ryan, looking into things
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Good thing I got most of my clues printed before it happened. Tomorrow's event will wait for no one.
Does viewing and printing clues work for everyone now? -- Ryan
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
I had a similar issue happen. If you can remember what state they were sent from, post on that states message board.
by The GamecockProfileContactLogbookNote
A while ago we could reserve a Name for a future letterbox we would want to plant. Where can I find this now? I saved one years ago (shame on me) and now I can't find it to plant the box. I'm also to old to remember what the name was too!! Ack!
by Okie DogProfileContactLogbookNote
For lack of knowing where to ask this I do so any way here. Where would I find this board or those pages. I didn't see any note of them on the head listings. Memorial pages of deceased boxers. Thanks
by mudflinginfoolsProfileContactLogbookNote
here: ...
by Scooters MomProfileContactLogbookNote
... Go to your logbook. Under Action select Plants. Under Box Type select Traditional. Click on the down arrow for a list. The last one is Reserved. I hope the one you saved is still there.
by Okie DogProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you, Mud. Er...Kathleen? My CRS is kicking in once again, hope the name is right. Can't remember s--t. oops--anyway, thanks for the info.
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
I was bored and thought it might be fun to read board posts of days gone by. But clicking on the numbers (20) at the bottom page, I was only able to go back to Nov 6, 2017. I even tried manually inserting a higher number in the url bar to no avail. I...
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
I couldn't get into older post on a local board until I searched all the boards by keywords...then I could see really really old post from all the boards, but I'm not sure if that's how its supposed to work.
by The GamecockProfileContactLogbookNote
No, I believe I had two reserved. But nothing shows now. Guess they get erased after a while. :( Thanks for the info!
... I'm not actually sure which page you're referring to, but I suspect you're looking at a list of "recent" messages rather than "all" messages. It's an important distinction! =) When you're reading a board, though, if you click the "First" button, i...
... Reserved boxes never get deleted. Maybe you just mis-remembered listing them after so much time, though? It wouldn't be the first time someone thought they listed a box but then it turned out they didn't! Or started listing a box but forgot to clic...
by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
... This is why I always go and do a search for my new listings to be sure they are showing up in the right location, etc.