A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Atlas Quest Announcements

Re: AQ is running on a NEW server!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #980407 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 3:57am
Thread
Thanks for the new server. However I still have Errors found in red when I sign in. Any idea what that is?
Reply to: #980411 by NatureMamaB6
Oct 18, 2019 6:10am
Thread
Could you be more specific about what the errors say?
Reply to: #980411 by NatureMamaB6
Oct 18, 2019 6:43am
Thread
Had to verify my email address again this morning. Did it yesterday after site came back up.
Reply to: #980398 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 8:25am
Thread
Thanks Ryan!
Reply to: #980415 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 10:22am
Thread
It say Errors found. Under that in red it says (this has been on there for some time): #1. Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest. I have had no problem logging in to Atlas Quest.
Oct 18, 2019 12:06pm
Thread
i am also getting the same error message.

Errors Found
Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest!

have been getting it for about a week. thought it was because i cleared my cookies when working on my desktop but it is also on the laptop. logging in is not an issue.

i also have had to verify email twice. still not receiving any. not showing up to yahoo inbox or spam.

thanks for caring about us!

smile
Oct 18, 2019 12:10pm
Thread
oh forgot to mention..... i am getting the email from aq with the link to verify email. click on it. says i am verified. but the other mail does not come through.

smile
Re: Possible AQ usage problem
Reply to: #980436 by foxfriend
Oct 18, 2019 12:36pm
Thread
I promise I don't have cooties! Would someone please let me know you see this post and send me an AQ mail message.
Re: Possible AQ usage problem
Reply to: #980441 by foxfriend
Oct 18, 2019 12:51pm
Thread
Thank you! I am not invisible, yahoo!!
Reply to: #980437 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 1:51pm
Thread
Errors Found
Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest!

That's actually more of a warning than an error, but I can make sure it doesn't show up if that's the page you bookmarked.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980437 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 2:22pm
Thread
I tried sending a message to you to see what would happen, and I checked the bounced messages to see what they were showing.

So there appear to be a couple of issues--both of which involve Yahoo.

Issue #1: Some of the bounce messages were sent by the old server. They're kind of "stuck" in the Internet at the moment. The Internet is trying to get them to your inbox, and the Internet is returning a message that reads something like: "Warning: message xxx-00000-xx delayed 48 hours"

But AQ is too stupid to know it's a warning. It just knows it sent a message to this person and it's coming back. It sends a warning after it was delayed 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours before giving up completely. So it'll probably continue to generate more "bounce" messages.

Issue #2: The message I just sent you did bounce with an error of: SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<host.atlasquest.com> SIZE=3002: 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 70.39.249.135 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html

And if you go to that page, it says (among other stuff) "This error indicates Yahoo is seeing unusual traffic from your IP address".

Well, yeah. I just moved servers and email is coming from a new IP address.

It also could generate the error because "and/or that emails from your mail server are generating complaints from Yahoo Mail users."

I kind of doubt this is the problem--the only complaints I'm getting are people NOT getting their mail! =)

And it says "The error is temporary."

There's not a lot of information about the error, though, and it's not something within my control. Yahoo thinks email from AQ is suspicious and is continuing to bounce them. Presumably, they'll stop... eventually.

But it's a Yahoo thing now. AQ is sending the emails, it has all the right SPF and DKIM settings and it should work. There's nothing wrong with the email that AQ is sending so it's not something I can fix.

So you just have to be patient. Or use some other email address that's more accommodating. (Gmail, as I've mentioned before, seems to be working just fine.)

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I can't fix this! It just needs time to sort itself out.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980445 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 5:08pm
Thread
i received your "sending a test message" email that you sent at 5:05 p.m. today at 6:33 p.m.
also received the notifications on posts and some other aq mail so perhaps, although a slow delivery, yahoo is getting the message?

i do have a gmail account but i never use it. old habits die hard.

thanks for checking it all out. i know it is a pain in the butt!

smile
Reply to: #980452 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 5:38pm
Thread
i received your "sending a test message" email that you sent at 5:05 p.m. today at 6:33 p.m.

The error message did say that the message was "deferred." =)

I guess the deferment was over!

But there are still old Yahoo messages that are bouncing (for the time being) so it could still happen.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980455 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 5:41pm
Thread
so it could still happen.

always take life as it comes.

smile
Yahoo Groups Data Being Deleted 12/14/2019
Nov 6, 2019 9:56am
Thread
My Summary:
In just over a month, all old posts, files, etc. created by users will be permanently deleted from all Yahoo Groups.

They outline a way you can download data through a Privacy Dashboard but I have read some mixed reviews on it. However that is better than nothing probably...

=====

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups
Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow content to be uploaded to the Yahoo Groups site. Don't worry, though, Yahoo Groups is not going away and new groups can still be created.

Beginning October 28, new content won't be able to be uploaded to the site, and all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed after December 14. Anything you want to keep will need to be downloaded by that date.

What features will go away?
Files
Polls
Links
Photos
Folders
Calendar
Database
Attachments
Conversations
Email Updates
Message Digest
Message History

What will happen to the site?
The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

What will happen on October 28?
On October 28, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.

How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
Photos and files can be saved right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy Dashboard.

Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?
You'll still be able to create new groups, communicate with your groups via email, and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.
Re: Yahoo Groups Data Being Deleted 12/14/2019
Reply to: #980885 by Eidolon
Nov 6, 2019 4:20pm
Thread
My goodness, I'd forgotten all about Yahoo Groups for letterboxing...I wonder how many people know that they were our Letterboxing "chat" lines before AQ came about! So many different Letterboxing groups and even a sneaky clue could be found in there once in a while......
Reply to: #980893 by sojourner
Nov 6, 2019 6:00pm
Thread
a sneaky clue could be found in there once in a while......

Yes, I need to find a new place to put those....
Nov 7, 2019 11:14am
Thread
The first few years of posts should be required reading for any boxer worth their salt. Will be a tragic loss (in our play world) of American Letterboxing history. I enjoyed reading every pre AQ post and occasionally went back again for inspiration.
Nov 8, 2019 6:44am
Thread
There is a program that can download all posts and files into an offline database. I've been working on getting an archive copy of everything and will share it if successful.
Reply to: #980951 by RIclimber
Nov 9, 2019 6:59am
Thread
That would be great if you can get everything into a database accessible by everyone. I requested an archive of the TX Yahoo Group but it returned messages in a format I couldn't read and was missing most of the photos. I hope you have better luck and can get all the groups in a free database (groups.io requires premium membership).

Silver Eagle
Reply to: #980965 by Silver Eagle
Nov 9, 2019 9:21am
Thread
I found some script files that seem to have let me download everything but I need to verify and see if it's all there. I do know all the photos in attachments and files did make it I just need to see if things inbedded with a messages did also
The Last Big Update
Nov 9, 2019 3:25pm
Thread
So I took AQ down for about 20 minutes this afternoon to upload a pretty big update.

There's not much that looks different and there's nothing that should act different so there's not really much to say about this update. This update involved a lot of "house cleaning" removing code that I had deprecated over 10 years ago. In all, about 250 files needed some tweaks--so it's a pretty substantial update in that aspect and there are invariably going to be a few bugs that slipped through the cracks. Please be patient--I'll fix them when you find them! =)

The biggest changes visually are probably in the tracker subsystem on your smartphones. It was pretty old code and since I had to update large portions of it to remove the depreciated parts anyhow, I also fixed it to work better with smartphones. No features were added or removed, though--just updated the pages so you don't have to zoom in or out or horizontally for most stuff. A few places that allowed you to join/drop from a tracker I updated to confirm that you really meant to do this instead of just doing it.

I also updated them to work a bit better for people who use screen readers. I'm trying to make AQ more friendly for people who disabilities.

I updated a few other non-tracker pages to be smartphone and disability-friendly as well, but the other pages are more scattered about.

But for the most part, except for a few cosmetic changes, there isn't really anything to note.

I'm mostly excited that finally--after over a decade!--I got to pull out three different pieces of deprecated code. There's still some old legacy code I have to deal with, but at least these three pieces are finally in the past. Makes the code base cleaner and easier for me to maintain and improve in the future. =)

-- Ryan
Re: The Last Big Update
Reply to: #980974 by Green Tortuga
Nov 9, 2019 4:58pm
Thread
I received a report that a person couldn’t record find from Clue Tracker. I checked and confirm that I also see this error. Unfortunately I am at a concert that is about to begin so I can’t say what error code is sent from the API. (Recording finds on the web site does work.)
Reply to: #980974 by Green Tortuga
Nov 9, 2019 7:29pm
Thread
there are invariably going to be a few bugs that slipped through the cracks

I may have noticed a bug. I have a series with four boxes that are active and one that is retired. If I view the series page the statuses are all accurate.

But I was looking at a list of all of my plants and noticed that the retired box in the series shows up with a status of active there.

Then I did a search to show all boxes where I'm the planter and the status is retired. The retired box correctly shows up in the search results, but with a status of active. All my other retired boxes show a status of retired.
Reply to: #980977 by MichKathy
Nov 9, 2019 8:29pm
Thread
I received a report that a person couldn’t record find from Clue Tracker.

I may have fixed the problem. Try it again and let me know! =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980983 by Green Tortuga
Nov 9, 2019 8:31pm
Thread
Thank you! It works for me now 😀
Reply to: #980979 by Dawnkey
Nov 9, 2019 8:54pm
Thread
Okay, I think I figured out this problem as well. =)

It's weird... both of these bug reports (this one and the app one) don't appear to be new bugs added with this update. Maybe people are noticing old bugs because they're so busy looking for new ones! =)

The app bug I think was introduced last month with the Big Update I did and this one that you described... looks like it's been there for I have no idea how long. Oh! Wait a minute.... You know, this might be a old bug that was masked by the structure of the website so it didn't start showing up until recently. Hmm.... Interesting.... Maybe.... I'm not going to lose sleep over it, though. =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980985 by Green Tortuga
Nov 10, 2019 3:55am
Thread
Okay, I think I figured out this problem as well. =)

Yep, everything is displaying the way it should now. Thank you!
New Big Update
Nov 10, 2019 6:26am
Thread
I sent out a message #980987, since deleted so as not to overwhelm an innocent bystander, on the Letterbox chatter board with a link to one of my private messages. https://www.atlasquest.com/mail/read/?mailId=16466992
Elle sent me a message that she received the response to the link as a private message. Could this be the new big update?
Re: New Big Update
Reply to: #980992 by Elle
Nov 10, 2019 7:27am
Thread
When I hit that link with the mail ID, 16466992, I see a private message that I received from a poof187. If the message was sent to you, wouldn't it also be received by you? I'm confused.