A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Atlas Quest Announcements

Re: AQ Update
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #979783 by Green Tortuga
Sep 28, 2019 8:06am
Thread
The buttons should look like they did before--I haven't actually changed their look (not deliberately, at least!).

The ones on the discussion boards...educational....etc....are huge.
Reply to: #979790 by MissMoon
Sep 28, 2019 8:16am
Thread
The ones on the discussion boards...educational....etc....are huge.

Do a page refresh. It's using the old CSS.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #979792 by Green Tortuga
Sep 28, 2019 8:18am
Thread
Refreshed. Still the same. Maybe this is the way you meant them to be? Very big. In a one line post they dwarf the post.
Reply to: #979783 by Green Tortuga
Sep 28, 2019 9:22am
Thread
Yay to no longer having to support IE! UGH
Reply to: #979793 by MissMoon
Sep 28, 2019 9:51am
Thread
Refreshed. Still the same.

What browser are you using?

In any case, I still think your browser is using the old CSS. It'll fix itself soon.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #979797 by Green Tortuga
Sep 28, 2019 12:53pm
Thread
What browser are you using?

The latest version of Chrome. Still the same.

And I have to refresh the page to get the numbers to change on a button.....for instance I click on agree after one other person and I have to refresh the page for me to see the #2 appear in parenthesis. Always appeared automatically before. Don't know if this intentional?
Reply to: #979808 by MissMoon
Sep 28, 2019 1:14pm
Thread
And I have to refresh the page to get the numbers to change on a button.....

Yeah, the JavaScript has to update too. It'll start working eventually.... Your browser is still using the old CSS (and JS).

I'm not sure how to force your browser to update that, though. Usually a refresh is all it takes, but it could be that your ISP is actually caching the old files which I don't think there's really anything you can do about.

But give it time.... eventually, it will fix itself. Both the large-button problem and the numbers not changing automatically when you click on them. (At least the bolding and unbolding still works with the old files, though, so you can still know the click went through without refreshing the page.)

-- Ryan
Re: Manifesto
Reply to: #846238 by Eevil
Oct 14, 2019 11:26am
Thread
The Initiation Quiz is a dead link...
Reply to: #980276 by Phoenix Rizing
Oct 14, 2019 11:56am
Thread
The Initiation Quiz is a dead link...

That was just a private group to discuss clues. Doesn't exist anymore. So...
Reply to: #980279 by MissMoon
Oct 14, 2019 8:43pm
Thread
That was just a private group to discuss clues. Doesn't exist anymore.

That private group still exists, it’s just that the members have come to realize their efforts were futile.

Phoenix Risng, if you still wish to join: you must first solve (and find) one of my Eevil plots. (Because misery always loves company)

Mwahahaha!

Eevil
}:-{>
Moving Servers Announcement!
Oct 17, 2019 12:16am
Just a head's up, but I'll be making another attempt to move AQ to the new server in the morning when I wake up. I'll give y'all at least an hour's advance warning before I take it down, but if you need clues, get them earlier rather than later!

-- Ryan
AQ is running on a NEW server!
Oct 17, 2019 3:24pm
Thread
Well, that transfer was a lot more brutal than I expected but about six hours after I started, it is done! AQ is on the new server! Hopefully this will fix a lot of unreliability that the old server has been doing for the last month and a half.

There could be glitches I don't know about... let me know if something isn't working correctly.

The email issues should get better but there could still be issues with it going into your spam folder. They think it's a little suspicious sometimes when emails start coming from a new IP address. For those of you who had emails not going through on the old server, AQ might have logged your email as having bounced. (Mine did!) Now that AQ can check bounced emails (that was broken on the old server too), it's catching up on all of the missed/bounced AQ mail.

It shouldn't be a problem on the new server, though. It's just the new server is cleaning up the problems from the old server. So go ahead and verify your email address again if you need to, but you don't have to report that as a problem.

I'll probably be playing with the configuration settings quite a bit over the next few weeks trying to optimize the settings for the server (particularly the database settings) which might require the occasional server restart. Those should typically be pretty quick, though, not taking the server down for more than several seconds at a time.

Thanks for everyone's patience! And I hope everyone finally got that Under Construction clue! =)

-- Ryan
Re: AQ is running on a NEW server!
Reply to: #980398 by Green Tortuga
Oct 17, 2019 4:19pm
Thread
So far, so good. My emails are no longer bouncing on my newly verified, same ol' email. 😊
Oct 17, 2019 4:24pm
Thread
Thank you, Ryan!
Oct 17, 2019 7:01pm
Thread
¿uɹǝɔuoɔ ɟo ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos sᴉ sᴉɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʞuᴉɥʇ noʎ op

˙ʎlʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ƃuᴉʞɹoʍ ʇ,usᴉ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos ɟᴉ ʍouʞ ǝɯ ʇǝl ˙˙˙ʇnoqɐ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop I sǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ ǝq plnoɔ ǝɹǝɥ┴
Reply to: #980405 by Snark
Oct 17, 2019 7:46pm
Thread
¿uɹǝɔuoɔ ɟo ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos sᴉ sᴉɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʞuᴉɥʇ noʎ op

There's a theme to fix that. https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?themeId=199 =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980407 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 3:57am
Thread
Thanks for the new server. However I still have Errors found in red when I sign in. Any idea what that is?
Reply to: #980411 by NatureMamaB6
Oct 18, 2019 6:10am
Thread
Could you be more specific about what the errors say?
Reply to: #980411 by NatureMamaB6
Oct 18, 2019 6:43am
Thread
Had to verify my email address again this morning. Did it yesterday after site came back up.
Oct 18, 2019 8:25am
Thread
Thanks Ryan!
Reply to: #980415 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 10:22am
Thread
It say Errors found. Under that in red it says (this has been on there for some time): #1. Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest. I have had no problem logging in to Atlas Quest.
Possible AQ usage problem
Oct 18, 2019 12:05pm
Thread
I may be having a post and/or email issue. Would whomever is monitoring today please send me an email so I can verify. Thanks.
Oct 18, 2019 12:06pm
Thread
i am also getting the same error message.

Errors Found
Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest!

have been getting it for about a week. thought it was because i cleared my cookies when working on my desktop but it is also on the laptop. logging in is not an issue.

i also have had to verify email twice. still not receiving any. not showing up to yahoo inbox or spam.

thanks for caring about us!

smile
Oct 18, 2019 12:10pm
Thread
oh forgot to mention..... i am getting the email from aq with the link to verify email. click on it. says i am verified. but the other mail does not come through.

smile
Re: Possible AQ usage problem
Reply to: #980436 by foxfriend
Oct 18, 2019 12:36pm
Thread
I promise I don't have cooties! Would someone please let me know you see this post and send me an AQ mail message.
Re: Possible AQ usage problem
Reply to: #980441 by foxfriend
Oct 18, 2019 12:51pm
Thread
Thank you! I am not invisible, yahoo!!
Reply to: #980437 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 1:51pm
Thread
Errors Found
Cookies must be enabled on your browser to log into Atlas Quest!

That's actually more of a warning than an error, but I can make sure it doesn't show up if that's the page you bookmarked.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980437 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 2:22pm
Thread
I tried sending a message to you to see what would happen, and I checked the bounced messages to see what they were showing.

So there appear to be a couple of issues--both of which involve Yahoo.

Issue #1: Some of the bounce messages were sent by the old server. They're kind of "stuck" in the Internet at the moment. The Internet is trying to get them to your inbox, and the Internet is returning a message that reads something like: "Warning: message xxx-00000-xx delayed 48 hours"

But AQ is too stupid to know it's a warning. It just knows it sent a message to this person and it's coming back. It sends a warning after it was delayed 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours before giving up completely. So it'll probably continue to generate more "bounce" messages.

Issue #2: The message I just sent you did bounce with an error of: SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<host.atlasquest.com> SIZE=3002: 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 70.39.249.135 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html

And if you go to that page, it says (among other stuff) "This error indicates Yahoo is seeing unusual traffic from your IP address".

Well, yeah. I just moved servers and email is coming from a new IP address.

It also could generate the error because "and/or that emails from your mail server are generating complaints from Yahoo Mail users."

I kind of doubt this is the problem--the only complaints I'm getting are people NOT getting their mail! =)

And it says "The error is temporary."

There's not a lot of information about the error, though, and it's not something within my control. Yahoo thinks email from AQ is suspicious and is continuing to bounce them. Presumably, they'll stop... eventually.

But it's a Yahoo thing now. AQ is sending the emails, it has all the right SPF and DKIM settings and it should work. There's nothing wrong with the email that AQ is sending so it's not something I can fix.

So you just have to be patient. Or use some other email address that's more accommodating. (Gmail, as I've mentioned before, seems to be working just fine.)

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I can't fix this! It just needs time to sort itself out.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980445 by Green Tortuga
Oct 18, 2019 5:08pm
Thread
i received your "sending a test message" email that you sent at 5:05 p.m. today at 6:33 p.m.
also received the notifications on posts and some other aq mail so perhaps, although a slow delivery, yahoo is getting the message?

i do have a gmail account but i never use it. old habits die hard.

thanks for checking it all out. i know it is a pain in the butt!

smile
Reply to: #980452 by uneksia
Oct 18, 2019 5:38pm
Thread
i received your "sending a test message" email that you sent at 5:05 p.m. today at 6:33 p.m.

The error message did say that the message was "deferred." =)

I guess the deferment was over!

But there are still old Yahoo messages that are bouncing (for the time being) so it could still happen.

-- Ryan