Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Atlas Quest Announcements

by mudflinginfoolsProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Am I the only one who is now confused on how/where to respond to board messages? I used to go to the board and respond there... now they are in my inbox and I'm responding there - but they are not going to the board... so my mail is cross-pollinating...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
There is a way...in preferences, maybe? I know that there is a way, but I am not sure how. Do you happen to know if there is a way to see the boards the way that they used to be, which only the title of each post showing?
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
I just checked, Mud. Yes, it is is preferences, at the bottom of he page.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... You're something like the third person who's asked me that, and I'm absolutely baffled why this is so confusing because at the bottom of the AQ mail, it actually says "to stop receiving these notifications, update your message board preferences" wi...
thanks - at least that's out of my inbox :)
lol... some of the board messages I get are pretty long - so I just read the text written by whomever sent it... my inbox has been pretty busy lately ;) I'm fixed now - don't know why you switched everyone over to that as the default... I would have r...
... Click the "Simple" button. There are three views for messages: simple, summary and expanded. By default, it'll show messages in an expanded format, but you can compress them as needed by clicking the other options. -- Ryan
... I figured there were probably a lot of people (especially those who don't use the message boards much) who'd like to get notifications of replies--otherwise, they might miss them completely. Nobody would have noticed the feature if you have to opt...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Well I just want to say that I, for one, appreciate your making the mobile experience better. I’m sure it’s a lot of work and a thankless job. You probably don’t hear from the hundreds (thousands?) of satisfied users. So thank you. I still disagre...
that's fair... I'm still getting used to some of the other setting changes... mostly I use my PC... I primarily use my phone for... let's see... making phone calls and nothing else. I know I'm weird... but I'm old too... so change doesn't come easily...
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I do like getting them in my mail so I don't have to keep checking back when no one responds.
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
Fyi, Ryan...when I see your posts, your sig stamp pic is upside down! Not sure if it's a glitch, or if you did that on purpose to be silly....just thought I'd let you know!😁
So I tweaked the logbook again, and those of you who want to search for specific boxes but can't remember the names.... I added a search option to filter results based on the start of the box name. But... there are compromises which you may or may not...
... Yeah, that probably happened because you installed your monitor upside-down. If you turn it right-side-up, it should fix the problem. ;o) -- Ryan
by Acorns4uProfileContactLogbookNote
I was very happy with things the way they were. Being fast is not always being best. Just my humble opinion.
... You say that now, but if AQ took 10 seconds to load every page, you'd probably find it very annoying. It wasn't that bad--but I'm not going to wait until it's so bad that people complain before doing something about it either. I'm not trying to ma...
My problem is that there is still no way to see the entire list of finds in the logbook or search. I tried the advanced search but it only shows 2500, and I'm assuming those are random. I think that the biggest complaint was that we couldn't sort (no...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
... It seems like there's a couple of things going on here. One is being able to search for a particular box one has found. Another is being able to see the complete list of one's finds. Regarding the second thing, it used to be that your plants and...
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
GT wrote: ... Topcollector wrote: ... What is done on another geolocation game (that shall remain nameless) is that the list of all your finds (with logs) can be run once every three days. A request to generate this list can be queued. Once completed...
... Actually, my original version did show all of the finds from that year. It wasn't ideal (some people have a few thousand finds in a single year) which is still a rather slow query (and possibly a very long-loading page), but at least there was an a...
... That's actually very interesting. So apparently they've run into the same problem AQ has been having. That's a surprising "fix" to the problem, though. I wouldn't have thought of that idea in a million years. ... If you just want to download an en...
by BaliWhoProfileContactLogbookNote
... Is there a way that you could have a setting to change the default view to the most current year rather than all? Or even better if you could add a setting that people could set the default view however they prefer?
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
... Ah, didn’t know that existed! I don’t scroll past my “interview”. AND, That’s the most comforting thing I’ve read concerning the on-line logbook. As long as I can access the complete list somewhere, I’m happy. For info on my individual finds, I w...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
... I like the date range idea.
by TeacupProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a lot of finds from LBNA that I logged as unlisted since they are not on AQ. I could scroll through my logbook alphabetically before to find them since I didn't know the year. I tried an advanced search but the Owner is not listed as a member...
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
Having "unlisted" as a filter type on the profile page would be great!
by Lundy and VicksterProfileContactLogbookNote
Teacup, Couldn't you just do the same thing and select "all" for the year? [Edit] Oh I see now that it is limited to 500. Is that the issue? Larry
It doesn't download into any recognizable organization on my computer, just what appears to be an AQ #, a name and hashtags. It's all finds, no matter LTC, traditional ... No dates. I can't figure out how that would be useable.
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
I just looked at my last 100 finds, and 58 of them are 'unlisted'.
by phynstarProfileContactLogbookNote
Re-record each unlisted find and place LbNA as the first word in the new title. Then search that word (LbNA). There's your list! Then go through again and delete the old finds. Have fun! 🤡🤓🤔 Try this: Go to an "all" and ""Owner" search which should sh...