A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Atlas Quest Announcements

Re: Logbook Tweak
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #971676 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 5:51am
Thread
It doesn't download into any recognizable organization on my computer, just what appears to be an AQ #, a name and hashtags. It's all finds, no matter LTC, traditional ... No dates. I can't figure out how that would be useable.
Re: Unlisted finds
Reply to: #971684 by Teacup
Feb 18, 2019 6:18am
Thread
I just looked at my last 100 finds, and 58 of them are 'unlisted'.
Feb 18, 2019 6:22am
Thread
Re-record each unlisted find and place LbNA as the first word in the new title. Then search that word (LbNA). There's your list! Then go through again and delete the old finds. Have fun! 🤡🤓🤔

Try this:
Go to an "all" and ""Owner" search which should show up to 500.
Feb 18, 2019 6:29am
Thread
I've got the same problem. We did some unlisted series this weekend that aren't showing
Re: board messages
Reply to: #971654 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 6:39am
Thread
I liked checking the Boards page to see if there were replies to any of my messages and to see if anyone had clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. on my messages.

I miss doing that, it made me happy to see them all listed there and helped me procrastinate for a few more minutes. ;)

I think getting a inbox message saying, hey some one replied to your message, is a good idea.

Perhaps a widget is in order? One that lists My recent messages, and replies to me messages, just like what use to be on the Board page.

Back to my coffee now.
Reply to: #971696 by Public Hand
Feb 18, 2019 6:39am
Thread
There's a way! Did I miss this before or was it added? There's a box for "starts with" at the top. So to search for a box you found that starts with the letter "M" but you don't know what year you found it, put the letter "M" in that box and set the other search parameters to "All" and "Alphabetical". That's good. That's actually better than it was before. I pulled up 309 boxes that start with the letter 'M'. Was that "starts with" box always there and I just didn't see it? Thank you Ryan!
Reply to: #971697 by photopam
Feb 18, 2019 7:03am
Thread
Perhaps a widget is in order? One that lists My recent messages, and replies to me messages, just like what use to be on the Board page.

I have My Newest Posts and Replies to My Messages widgets on My Page.
Reply to: #971689 by Topcollector
Feb 18, 2019 7:16am
Thread
Strange. I see type of box and dates on my iPad. I haven’t gone on my computer yet to experiment.

I do know that if you have columns that are too narrow, sometimes the info in the columns will show as hash tags. Try increasing your spreadsheet column widths. If all that works out, you then should be able to sort by type of box, etc.
Reply to: #971703 by JampersandJ
Feb 18, 2019 7:50am
Thread
I have My Newest Posts and Replies to My Messages widgets on My Page.

Oh, I'll go look for it now. :)

Update: found the My newest posts
Did not find replies to my messages...

Hmmm.............
Reply to: #971697 by photopam
Feb 18, 2019 7:59am
Thread
I liked checking the Boards page to see if there were replies to any of my messages and to see if anyone had clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. on my messages.... Perhaps a widget is in order?

There are widgets that do both of those things already, but the one that displays if there were replies to your messages is a premium member perk. The one with who has clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. is available for everyone, though.

As for replies to you posts, I felt it was okay to leave that widget as a premium member perk because it's possible to run a search that does this whose results can be bookmarked or have notifications sent to one's AQ mail.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971685 by SherlockMiles
Feb 18, 2019 8:02am
Thread
Having "unlisted" as a filter type on the profile page would be great!

I'm not sure what you mean. There's already options to download your "unlisted finds" and "unlisted attempts" along with the other options.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971707 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 8:02am
Thread
the one that displays if there were replies to your messages is a premium member perk

That explains why I'm not seeing it. So I'm not crazy after all.... ;)
Reply to: #971704 by JampersandJ
Feb 18, 2019 8:24am
Thread
I really, really hate to say anything that sounds like a complaint because this web site is a fantastic service for a ridiculously low price (even for premium membership), and we appreciate it so much.

I do, however, find it a bit frustrating to have to export logbook items to a spreadsheet to be able to view them all as we could before the big change.

Items in my logbook are numbered in Safari on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my MacBook Air, even though all are using Safari. No amount of refreshing the page on the Mac has changed that. Weird...

Thanks, GT, for all you do to keep AQ running smoothly.
Reply to: #971708 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 8:39am
Thread
When I click on My Profile and then click on my Finds number , I get a listing of all of my finds. What I naively had in my mind was an entry under "Box Type" at the top of the page that was "Unlisted".

The download my unlisted finds or attempts - is this using Advanced Search?

Feel free to ignore comment chain as well.....
Reply to: #971714 by SherlockMiles
Feb 18, 2019 8:52am
Thread
What I naively had in my mind was an entry under "Box Type" at the top of the page that was "Unlisted".

It's not actually a box "type," though. Even unlisted boxes can be categorized as traditional finds, postals, LTCs, etc. For this to work, I'd have to add another option to distinguish between listed boxes, unlisted boxes and both types of boxes.

The download my unlisted finds or attempts - is this using Advanced Search?

No, the links are at the end of your profile page. These links aren't actually "searches" (which can be very slow). Instead, they're largely just data dumps of the AQ database. Each of the links dumps the relevant data from a different table in the database.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971717 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 9:44am
Thread
Thank you for this helpful info and your patience with us unsophisticated users.
Reply to: #971717 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 9:52am
Thread
Maybe there needs to be "Ticker" across the AQ page stating these importent changes!😜🙂💁🏼
Reply to: #971711 by Road Junkies
Feb 18, 2019 2:50pm
Thread
I was happy with the logbook the way it functioned before the update, both in using it and how fast it loaded. It loaded in a speedy manner and was simple, easy and logical to use. I thought it was just fine and dandy.

MM
Reply to: #971676 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 4:24pm
Thread
The change I wanted isn’t addressed. I wanted to be able to sort my traditional finds by state without having to compose some sort of search.
Reply to: #971660 by Topcollector
Feb 18, 2019 7:56pm
Thread
I have always liked the widget that shows responses to my posts.
Reply to: #971741 by Baqash
Feb 18, 2019 8:02pm
Thread
The change I wanted isn’t addressed.

You can download your finds into a spreadsheet and sort them however you want. The downloads do include location information so sorting by state is possible.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971741 by Baqash
Feb 18, 2019 9:50pm
Thread
It just occurred to me.... maybe you'll find your stats page useful. It has a list of all the states you found boxes and when you click on them, pulls up the list of all the boxes in that state.

(Premium member perk!)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971751 by MO UR4Me
Feb 18, 2019 10:01pm
Thread
I didn't know there was a widget, they just started coming to me in my AQmail yesterday. But now I don't get the response, just a notice. Took me awhile, but I finally figured out which post was being responded to.
Reply to: #971709 by photopam
Feb 18, 2019 11:41pm
Thread
the one that displays if there were replies to your messages is a premium member perk

That explains why I'm not seeing it. So I'm not crazy after all.... ;)

The explanation doesn’t necessarily rule that out, ya know.... :)
Reply to: #971754 by Green Tortuga
Feb 19, 2019 2:21am
Thread
Never knew they were clickable. Thanks that works
Reply to: #971752 by Green Tortuga
Feb 19, 2019 2:33am
Thread
Downloading g and sorting works if you are on a computer. Phone not so much
Reply to: #971666 by Green Tortuga
Feb 19, 2019 6:27am
Thread
Ryan, I apologize in advance if you've already addressed this elsewhere. When I go to my logbook and select Finds/Traditional/All/Newest, the resulting boxes are definitely not the newest boxes. Any ideas?
Reply to: #971711 by Road Junkies
Feb 19, 2019 6:38am
Thread
Not sure whether anything changed at AQ or my pages refreshed enough times, but suddenly this morning my logbook is numbered in Safari on the Mac. Yay!
Reply to: #971758 by Sheba
Feb 19, 2019 7:15am
Thread
The explanation doesn’t necessarily rule that out, ya know.... :)

True, I am looking for stamps in the woods... ;)
Reply to: #971766 by Rocklun
Feb 21, 2019 3:55pm
Thread
More on the logbook tweak...

I also appreciate this website and all it does to make letterboxing enjoyable and the way it helps me manage my plants and finds. It brings me joy.

I've been following this thread and hoped to have my questions answered about the logbook layout. But up to this point, I haven't seen anything that directly speaks to what's going on in my logbook. Like Rocklun mentioned, my finds do not seem to be listing in the order selected. If I choose TRADITIONAL-2019-NEWEST, my 5 latest finds don't show up at the top or anywhere in the list. I do have over 500 finds in 2019, so I'm guessing that's part of the problem.

I've gone back and looked at 2018 Finds (TRADITIONAL-2018-NEWEST). I'm seeing the same thing. 500 boxes are listed, but then random boxes will not be there. For example, on December 1, I found several more boxes than what show up in the listing.

And, lastly...the spreadsheet. Thank you. It is good to have a spot where all the boxes can be. For me, it would be helpful to have a little spreadsheet lesson (since I've used them minimally). The list downloads by box number, smallest to largest. How would I order the downloaded spreadsheet in date found order?

This is such a good website and I've spent many enjoyable hours solving mystery locations, planning trips, decoding ciphers, and digging deeper into the website to learn more about it. So it's a ton of fun and I appreciate it.