Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Atlas Quest Announcements

Favorite Thread?
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Jan 2, 2014 3:08pm
Thread
I know about ignoring a thread in a group that I subscribe to (favorite). How do I do the inverse? I want to watch a thread in a group that I haven't favorited. It is for another state that I don't normally favorite, but I posted a thread there that I want to follow.

Is there an easy way to do what I want, or do I have to do what I've planned: Favorite that group and just ignore the other posts.
Re: Favorite Thread?
Reply to: #822863 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 2, 2014 3:27pm
Thread
You could Bookmark it ~ see upper right corner of the post itself, next to the Reply link. Maybe there's a better way that I don't know.
Jan 2, 2014 3:38pm
Thread
I have the Recent Threads widget on my page. It displays thread names and how many posts it contains. Every time someone adds a post, the number of posts in that thread increases.
Re: Publishing on AQ.....?
Reply to: #822646 by WiseOldOwl
Jan 3, 2014 5:57am
Thread
That's funny. Others could not access my photo album! So last night we added a link, on my profile page. I don't think anyone has tried it yet, so can't be sure if it works. [Any one want to volunteer?]

I have taken two of my stamp image ideas from my eggs, because the eggs are suitably small. Never thought to use the Tanzania picture, which is 5 by 8 inches. Thanks very much for your kind comments!
Reply to: #822966 by Sunia
Jan 3, 2014 6:00am
Thread
I can see your album now. I especially like the eggs. Do you paint on real egg shells?
Reply to: #822968 by PI Joe
Jan 3, 2014 6:23am
Thread
Thank you!

They are certainly real eggs, and whole ones! But the process uses hot wax resist, like batik, and intense dyes. The egg is dipped in several baths, from lightest to darkest color, after each wax application. My local Ukrainian church gives lessons, but I also made Pysanki in the past. It's an old, traditional craft. Other ethnic groups do them in different ways. I often see drawings in white, dipped in a single brilliant color. The wax is melted over a candle, in a tool called a kistka. I use a fine kistka, mostly.
Reply to: #822973 by Sunia
Jan 3, 2014 6:55am
Thread
Recently tiggermama shared that she does this process as well. She said that it helps her to put carving stamps in perspective as the eggs are breakable & do get broken after all the hard work.

Thank you for sharing.
bluebirdlover
Jan 3, 2014 8:32am
Thread
The "My Recent Posts" widget will let you keep track of your personal posts, regardless of what board they are on.

K
Reply to: #822973 by Sunia
Jan 3, 2014 8:33am
Thread
Just want to say "way cool!"
Reply to: #823003 by Kelsung
Jan 3, 2014 10:16am
Thread
The "My Recent Posts" widget will let you keep track of your personal posts, regardless of what board they are on.

But then I would have to actively check to see if there are any replies to my post. I'd like a way for it to show up as any new posts do. Right now I've just favorited the forum. It is a low volume state board so there have been no other subjects so far. This works for now.
Re: Woohoo North Dakota
Reply to: #822704 by roo
Jan 3, 2014 4:58pm
Thread
I have more boxes than that here in Florida!
Reserved Listing missing?
Jan 3, 2014 5:01pm
Thread
Ok I started to enter the blah's series like I do every year and leave it as a reserved listing while I am sorting out the stamps etc... I was doing that but now it is missing??!!??

Help!

MushrooM
Re: Reserved Listing missing?
Reply to: #823125 by MushrooM
Jan 3, 2014 6:42pm
Thread
Ok I started to enter the blah's series like I do every year and leave it as a reserved listing while I am sorting out the stamps etc... I was doing that but now it is missing??!!??

I'm not seeing a record of any reserved boxes created by you in the database. Are you sure you clicked the 'Save' button when you were done entering information? Nothing actually gets saved permanently until that 'Save' button gets clicked.

If you haven't logged out and your session hasn't time out yet (it probably has at this point since you posted nearly two hours ago, but just in case it hasn't....), the data is stored as a session variable for a temporary period of time. If you go to the Add Letterbox page, it'll show any boxes you've started editing but haven't saved on the right side of the page.

But... like I said, you might not see anything there if your session had expired.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #823125 by MushrooM
Jan 3, 2014 6:43pm
Thread
omg -- I know it's a sad omen, but your sig stamp is awesome!
Reply to: #823150 by Khameleon
Jan 3, 2014 7:26pm
Thread
Ha! yes! that is because I am killing mushroom right after the blahs :) morbid but fun in a way
Reply to: #823148 by Green Tortuga
Jan 3, 2014 7:28pm
Thread
ugh now that I think of it I think I lost power while I was doing it.. and I had not pressed "save" ah well now I know what I did..
Reply to: #823123 by Kirbert
Jan 4, 2014 8:21am
Thread
I have more boxes than that here in Florida!

Agreed. I have more boxes than that here in Christchurch alone.
Reply to: #822704 by roo
Jan 5, 2014 4:20am
Thread
Actually 39 boxes - planted one last summer but haven't posted the clues yet....
Reply to: #823006 by Mama Stork
Jan 5, 2014 6:09am
Thread
Why thank you!
Jan 8, 2014 9:17pm
Thread
You may have already found this option, but if you click on the top right tab "My Page", then choose "My Profile", then click on "View Recent Posts" it will bring up all the messages you've posted and then you can look at the thread... perhaps you can keep an eye on it that way... that's the easiest way I've found to keep track.
Re: Must switch to Geocaching
Reply to: #491208 by fleetwood7
Jan 13, 2014 7:39pm
Thread
I thought it was Limericker Geocachers , not limericker letterboxers. Spell check never works right.

DD
AQ Site Language Options.
Jan 14, 2014 2:45pm
Thread
We have nearly a whole continent that speaks primarilly Spanish and many people whose primary language in the US is Spanish. I'm not sure if it may be helpful to some people but as some of you know I am trying to build a LB community in Spain. it is difficult to find carving materials but am working with an art supply store where i live to solve that problem but i think i may have figured out a second reason. There isnt a site in Spanish that discusses or facilitates Letter boxing.

Im not sure about coding/programing, but it seems like there should be some way to fairly easilly incorporate some other languages.

Might this be possible?
Re: AQ Site Language Options.
Reply to: #825272 by lig
Jan 14, 2014 3:00pm
Thread
I'm sure having AQ available in Spanish would be awesome. However, there are other possibilities involving more separation. One would be a completely separate web site with its own box listings, its own forums, etc., etc. Anyone who wants their boxes listed on both could submit to both -- but it might make sense to have 2-language introduction notes inside the boxes, and possibly even dual log books! We could discuss the pros and cons of such a scheme.

Another possibility would be an entirely separate game, complete with its own name -- something in Spanish that means "hidden prize". Could have its own guidelines and customs. The French have "cistes" which are sort of a hybrid between geocaches and letterboxes -- the clues work like letterboxes, but they contain trade items like geocaches.
Suddenly, my AQ settings are for the Blind
Jan 14, 2014 3:03pm
Thread
so, sitting in my office chair this afternoon, maggie roo the boxing pup jumped up on my laptop and did something - and it was definitely a Something - because now AQ is set in LARGE TYPE for the Blind. . . which i am not.

Everything is about 2/3's larger on the screen, and the columns on my Home Page are running into each other, and oh that's just not good.

How do i undo whatever the roo reset when she jumped in my lap??

~tigs
Re: Suddenly, my AQ settings are for the Blind
Reply to: #825278 by tiggermama
Jan 14, 2014 3:07pm
Thread
AQ's usability settings are where you can set the font size, but if Roo made changes she probably didn't do it through that page :) She probably zoomed in on your browser. Usually you can zoom back down to normal in the "View" menu of your browser.
Reply to: #825280 by Aiphid
Jan 14, 2014 3:09pm
Thread
view menu of my browser it is - cuz it isn't the AQ settings.

um. . .

where do i find that?

~tigs

and how come it's only AQ if it's my browser?? (that last question is just curiosity)
Reply to: #825281 by tiggermama
Jan 14, 2014 3:19pm
Thread
view menu of my browser it is - cuz it isn't the AQ settings.
where do i find that?

The top menu bar of the browser that you're using.

Firefox: View/Zoom/Reset
Chrome: View/Actual Size
Safari: View/Actual Size
IE: Why are you using IE?

and how come it's only AQ if it's my browser?

You can zoom in and out of different tabs independently. Easy fix, close that tab and open a new one.
Jan 14, 2014 3:29pm
Thread
2-cent bullet.
Jan 14, 2014 4:00pm
Thread
By the thread title, I was really hoping for Braille!
Reply to: #825281 by tiggermama
Jan 14, 2014 4:08pm
Thread
Control plus the minus key in IE.