Reply to: #974140 by mudflinginfools
Apr 15, 2019 4:40am
Thread
zappa
Mystery carver. May be event soon
Board: Event News and Planning
Apr 17, 2019 5:05pm
Thread
Someone posted on Facebook that there were a lot of hand-carved stamps at SCRAP in Portland. I went and looked at the box of stamps. There were a LOT of stamps there, most of which were carved on either erasers or that hard white stuff. I stamped them into a book, and have been asking various people if they recognize any of them. So far, only a couple of people have come forward, but they weren't sure if the stamp was a missing letterbox or not. SCRAP has been paid around $400 for the bin of stamps, so they are good. ..... I'm still asking around, but if nobody recognizes any of these, I'm thinking of having a "Non-event Event" where the stamps will be up for sale at around $1 a piece to recoup some of the money I gave SCRAP. There are a lot of potential series boxes, some beautiful carves, some not so pretty, some out of this world spectacular. .... I was thinking sometime around July would be good. What does everyone think? Is there an interest in this?

The pictures of the mystery stamps are in this album:
https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4773

If you recognize any of these as a possible missing letterbox, please let me know!

Thanks
Re: Mystery carver. May be event soon
Reply to: #974290 by Witch Kittin
Apr 17, 2019 8:29pm
Thread
Pictures of the mystery stamps are in this album:

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4773
Reply to: #974293 by Witch Kittin
Apr 18, 2019 1:24am
Thread
The spiral staircase is well done. Oh, I like the furniture a lot. Bigfoot is neat. I see the potential for an Egyptian series. If I were in your area, I would definitely be interested in your event.
Apr 18, 2019 1:31am
Thread
Someone could get creative with the trees and branches. The Christmas words would be great for a Christmas event. There are so many animals. Oh, I hope that this event happens because these should go out into the wild.

It was.kind of you to rescue all of those stamps!
Apr 18, 2019 8:21am
Thread
For some reason my slideshow won't work on this album. Hmmm.
Reply to: #974290 by Witch Kittin
Apr 18, 2019 9:15am
Thread
Thanks for saving these. What a mystery! Somebody was super busy and then to just leave them? Maybe they were donated from an estate. Anyway, I don't live anywhere near you so I couldn't come to an event but if its virtual can I "reserve" the Homo Habilis?? I'm an archaeologist so that stamp is right up my alley! If not, I'd still be happy to buy some. I'm not likely to host an even but I could plant a series.
Reply to: #974309 by detective
Apr 19, 2019 6:57am
Thread
I'd be happy to save that one for you. Where can I send it?
Reply to: #974327 by Witch Kittin
Apr 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread
I'd be happy to purchase the elephant with the trunk raised upward. Will also cover postage.

Thank you.