Search Edit Search

Read Board: Event News and Planning

Re: Night boxing
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #972655 by Amanda from Seattle
Mar 13, 2019 1:46pm
Thread
I would attend that event. 😁
Re: Event Issues/Concerns... Oh, that darn Cat!
Reply to: #972400 by Captain Slick Kitty
Mar 23, 2019 10:38pm
Thread
The Mystery Machine will be there. We love this kind of event.
Re: Plant a Beer Day 2019
Reply to: #971778 by Johnsosaurus
Mar 27, 2019 8:33am
Thread
We have less than two weeks to go to Plant A Beer Day 2019! If you haven't done so already, please consider participating to help my boxing and beer habit ;) So far we have a dozen boxes (in 10 states) for the year which is awesome but more boxes are always more awesome, right?
Welcome to Camp Aint-Gotta-Clue xpost
Mar 30, 2019 8:04am
Welcome to Camp Aint-Gotta-Clue!

Camp Aint-Gotta-Clue is located in good ole Lassen County, where we have the forest in HD!!!

This is a good ole fashion camp event over the course of 2 and half day event. There will be singing, hot chocolate, dozens of boxes and a whole lotta stars!

As we are going Into the Woods , be warned, you just never know who you are going to meet…

Cuz, I have seen Stranger things, mystical creatures and things that go bump in the night out there......

OR who you might save . . . because there's A Beast in the Woods mystery

OR who you might have to ESCAPE from . . . cuz there's a killer on the loose, and you may have to solve the mystery before the killer makes you his last victim and gets away......

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4169
Scavenger Pursuit - Kingman AZ
Mar 30, 2019 9:11pm
Thread
Wow! Well done 66Gypsies and Shutterbug2012. What a fun event. I’m pretty sure we all can find anything in Kingman now 😂 even those of us who never know which way is North. Looking forward to doing this type of activity again. Thank you so much for your creativeness and hospitality. Cheers!
Re: Scavenger Pursuit - Kingman AZ
Reply to: #973574 by Trishee
Mar 31, 2019 4:35am
Thread
Absolutely great day!! I've gone to Kingman for some reason or another almost my whole life and never realized so many things were there! Great job 66gypsies and shutterbug 2012.
Re: Scavenger Pursuit - Kingman AZ
Reply to: #973576 by SnakeDoctor
Mar 31, 2019 8:20am
Thread
Thank you Lenda and Trishee. We found out Many new interpretations of many murals in town. Who would have thought we had so many penguins and mermaids on things. Glad fun was had by all. I know I will definitely laugh as I pass many scavenger hunt items in town now. Thank you for carving stamps and coming.
Reply to: #973427 by Johnsosaurus
Mar 31, 2019 11:49am
Thread
One week to Plant A Beer Day 2019! We're nearly to two dozen boxes and have 13 states represented :) I also found this timely article and was super happy to see Lake Time, one of my favorite breweries, in the number one spot.
Stone Mountain Park
Apr 2, 2019 9:38am
Mini meet-up at the Rock on April 20th if anybody is interested.
Beast in the Woods Mystery
Apr 7, 2019 11:28am
It is a cold December and as Christmas approaches all should be merry and bright. But in the small city of Susanville the citizens are living in terror! There is no jingle. There is no joy. Keeping to the safety of there homes, no one goes out at night as there is a Beast in the Woods......

Two children have already gone missing and one citizen has already been committed to an asylum after seeing the Beast

Local law enforcement aintgottaclue as to what is going on.

But you, you, the steadfast reporter, looking for your big break has rolled up your sleeves, sharpened your favorite pencil and with a fresh pad of paper have decided to come to Susanville to investigate this matter, super-secretly hoping to find the missing children!

Tick-Tock! Time is of the essence!

Because once you step into the woods, its a race to find the missing children before becoming The Beast's next victim!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4169
Reply to: #973587 by Johnsosaurus
Apr 7, 2019 3:05pm
Thread
Happy Plant A Beer Day 2019, everyone! Thank you for participating and remember it's never too late to plant a beer for this event. We're at 33 boxes and counting for the year and a special shout out to Texas for planting 7 beer boxes - the most of any state for this year. Cheers!
MrOspital‘s super shebang
Apr 13, 2019 10:20pm
Thread
Thank you for a great day at Laguna Lake Park! Super job on the boxing trails and you cooked up some mean bratwursts (sauerkraut, mustard and brat’ dogs...yummm!)

And thanks to all the other participants who contributed to making this a memorable event - food, donated stamps, time, etc.

Got to reconnect with old friends and meet some new ones. Honestly, letterboxers are the very best people.

All in all a fantastic way to spend a Saturday.

~DZ
Re: MrOspital‘s super shebang
Reply to: #974134 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Apr 13, 2019 10:34pm
Thread
Now that my youngest daughters are older and we're getting back into boxing, I was super bummed I missed this. Darn softball commitment!
Stamps for Woodstock event
Apr 14, 2019 7:41am
Thread
We are in need of 6 more stamps to complete our trackers. If any of these fit - please join our trackers. Recycled stamps welcome if they have not been in New England before. They will be planted permanently.

Stamp exchange listing

Thanks in advance
Re: MrOspital‘s super shebang
Reply to: #974134 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Apr 14, 2019 9:03am
Thread
What an awesome event !!so great meeting everyone and connecting with old friends !
Super job ! Thanks again
Re: Stamps for Woodstock event
Reply to: #974140 by mudflinginfools
Apr 15, 2019 4:40am
Thread
zappa
Mystery carver. May be event soon
Apr 17, 2019 5:05pm
Thread
Someone posted on Facebook that there were a lot of hand-carved stamps at SCRAP in Portland. I went and looked at the box of stamps. There were a LOT of stamps there, most of which were carved on either erasers or that hard white stuff. I stamped them into a book, and have been asking various people if they recognize any of them. So far, only a couple of people have come forward, but they weren't sure if the stamp was a missing letterbox or not. SCRAP has been paid around $400 for the bin of stamps, so they are good. ..... I'm still asking around, but if nobody recognizes any of these, I'm thinking of having a "Non-event Event" where the stamps will be up for sale at around $1 a piece to recoup some of the money I gave SCRAP. There are a lot of potential series boxes, some beautiful carves, some not so pretty, some out of this world spectacular. .... I was thinking sometime around July would be good. What does everyone think? Is there an interest in this?

The pictures of the mystery stamps are in this album:
https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4773

If you recognize any of these as a possible missing letterbox, please let me know!

Thanks
Re: Mystery carver. May be event soon
Reply to: #974290 by Witch Kittin
Apr 17, 2019 8:29pm
Thread
Pictures of the mystery stamps are in this album:

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.php?albumId=4773
Reply to: #974293 by Witch Kittin
Apr 18, 2019 1:24am
Thread
The spiral staircase is well done. Oh, I like the furniture a lot. Bigfoot is neat. I see the potential for an Egyptian series. If I were in your area, I would definitely be interested in your event.
Apr 18, 2019 1:31am
Thread
Someone could get creative with the trees and branches. The Christmas words would be great for a Christmas event. There are so many animals. Oh, I hope that this event happens because these should go out into the wild.

It was.kind of you to rescue all of those stamps!
Apr 18, 2019 8:21am
Thread
For some reason my slideshow won't work on this album. Hmmm.
Reply to: #974290 by Witch Kittin
Apr 18, 2019 9:15am
Thread
Thanks for saving these. What a mystery! Somebody was super busy and then to just leave them? Maybe they were donated from an estate. Anyway, I don't live anywhere near you so I couldn't come to an event but if its virtual can I "reserve" the Homo Habilis?? I'm an archaeologist so that stamp is right up my alley! If not, I'd still be happy to buy some. I'm not likely to host an even but I could plant a series.
Reply to: #974309 by detective
Apr 19, 2019 6:57am
Thread
I'd be happy to save that one for you. Where can I send it?
Reply to: #974327 by Witch Kittin
Apr 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread
I'd be happy to purchase the elephant with the trunk raised upward. Will also cover postage.

Thank you.
14th Annual Plant a Letterbox Day (PAL)
Apr 23, 2019 9:01am
Thread
The event is now up. I hope I'm not too late for the Finland boxers.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4176
Re: 14th Annual Plant a Letterbox Day (PAL)
Reply to: #974468 by Wronghat
Apr 23, 2019 10:38am
Thread
Don't worry, in a country where it's daylight 24/7 there's no such thing as "too late" :D
Egg Hunt 2019
Apr 27, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
Three Cheers for Warrior Woman! Best egg hunt yet. We had a blast and I love your new hiding places. Thanks for opening your home to us.

PuggleMom
Re: Egg Hunt 2019
Reply to: #974677 by PuggleMom
Apr 29, 2019 6:01am
Thread
Yes, it was a fantastic time! The clues were just challenging enough that we found some without them, some easily with them, and were left puzzling over just a few.

Thank you so much for hosting again!

I'll be hanging out with Ren and Stumpy, my new cacti, too.

~Honeychyck
Tour the Fort X - Fort Knox
May 21, 2019 3:42am
Thread
Wanted to let everyone know that there is a Ghost Tour available at the fort the evening after the event. Info here:
https://www.fortknoxmaine.com/ghost-tours
Re: Tour the Fort X - Fort Knox
Reply to: #975343 by SherlockMiles
May 21, 2019 3:55pm
Thread
Darn! I went to take a look and it's sold out!

Jiffy