A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Event News and Planning

Re: Starting a letterbox program
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #809920 by System
Oct 11, 2013 1:37pm
Thread
I know IrishRef is pretty active in your area, you may want to give him a shout.
WNY Boneyard Boxing
Oct 13, 2013 10:03am
Thread
We had an absolutely perfect weather day for this years event! Many thanks to all the carvers, and a special shout out to BfloAnonChick for all the work that went in to planting a huge number of stamps and great directions. To all of you folks who haven't experienced this, come join us next year. 72 boxes this year, along with tons of existing boxes in the cemeteries!
Re: WNY Boneyard Boxing
Reply to: #810109 by LuLaHe
Oct 13, 2013 2:41pm
Thread
The day was perfect. The cemeteries were interesting and filled with history. We did over half the boxes. We will return in a couple of weeks to finish. The gathering was fun as well. I met quite few new boxers, an experienced boxer and saw old friends from prior events. I am looking forward to next year's event. Thanks to all the carvers for the beautiful stamps. Thanks also to BfloAnonChick for organizing the event.

bfarowl
Shout out for raffle donations LbSe 2014
Oct 14, 2013 11:47am
Thread
Hello everyone! At almost every LbSe annual gathering we have had a raffle and I am wanting to continue with that tradition.
So if you can donate stuff for the raffle that would be great! Please pm me with details.
Donations could include: logbooks, speedy carve, handmade anything, letterboxing supplies, carving supplies.. and they don't have to be LB related at all!
U look forward to hearing from you!

;)
Re: Shout out for raffle donations LbSe 2014
Reply to: #810378 by Dee and Abby
Oct 14, 2013 12:50pm
Thread
I will send something. Just not sure what yet, maybe some artwork or handmade logbook. I've signed up to send a stamp, so can I send it with that?
Reply to: #810378 by Dee and Abby
Oct 14, 2013 5:42pm
Thread
I will donate something too. But it probably won't be anything related to letterboxing. Might have something to do with fabric and such but not sure as to what that could be. But you dear Dee won't be allowed to purchase any tickets this time.....might be a little fishey if you actually won it two years in a row! (but I am so glad you really did win it)
Jingle Boxing Canton!
Oct 14, 2013 8:43pm
Thread
I'd like to invite anyone interested to coming to Jingle Boxing 2013 in Canton, Georgia! The event will be December 7th from 2-8pm in the Historic Marble Courthouse in downtown Canton. Please check out the event if you think you might be interested!

http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gEventId=3013
Re: Jingle Boxing Canton!
Reply to: #810492 by redcurl
Oct 15, 2013 4:56am
Thread
Have you posted a call for boxes yet? Time's growing short and I would like to contribute, but I don't know the theme!
Reply to: #810515 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 15, 2013 5:52am
Thread
but I don't know the theme!

Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Boxing Day/Winter

You are welcome. :)
Reply to: #810527 by Eidolon
Oct 15, 2013 6:11am
Thread
Yes, but I don't even know if she's looking for boxes, other than hitchhikers. I need some direction here, folks!
Reply to: #810453 by Cherokee Rose
Oct 15, 2013 6:56am
Thread
Darn CR I didn't think about that! That stinks! But you are right... I won both times you headed up the event. People probably think it was fixed. LOL
Oct 15, 2013 8:42am
Thread
Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Boxing Day/Winter

Or Christmahanakwanzaa Season for short.
Reply to: #810553 by Raven
Oct 15, 2013 8:52am
Thread
Solstice Tree Party

deniserows
generically
Oct 15, 2013 1:03pm
Thread
that would be Chrismukwanzmukah around our house.

~tigs (yes, we celebrate them all)
Oct 15, 2013 2:24pm
Thread
Christmasamuckdejunk
Oct 15, 2013 8:55pm
Thread
don't forget Festivus!
Santa and his sleigh and Reindeer
Oct 19, 2013 7:19pm
Thread
We know that it is short notice but would someone consider doing this stamp for us for our Christmas event which is the 16th of November. We would do it but we know that this would take alot detail and work and we aren't that good of carvers and want it to look nicer than we would do.

So if you would consider doing this for us it would be appreciated. Just send us a message.

Thanks in advance

Susan and Ray
Happydaze
Re: Santa and his sleigh and Reindeer
Reply to: #811297 by Happy Daze
Oct 20, 2013 5:05am
Thread
Do you have a picture in mind?
Christmas Tree Ornaments for O' Letterbox Tree 2013
Oct 22, 2013 6:21am
Thread
We're looking for carvers to create Christmas tree ornament stamps for O' Letterbox Tree 2013. We'd need to received the stamps by Thanksgiving. Please make them no larger than 3" in the largest dimension.

Happy Holidays!
Choi & The Travelers 4

John Chapman
31 Irene Ct
Bellingham, MA 02019
Re: Christmas Tree Ornaments for O' Letterbox Tree 2013
Reply to: #811850 by Choi
Oct 22, 2013 3:21pm
Thread
I will start carving, and send them out this week :)
TALE 11 - Huntsville, TEXAS - March 1, 2014
Oct 25, 2013 8:48am
Thread
Wanted to send out an invitation to all to join us for next year's event. 107 campsites are still available, but no Screen shelters. Hotels are close by in Huntsville, TX. Also having dinner event on Friday night (Last Meal), so be sure to sign up for that if you are coming so we can reserve enough space. See Events for sign up and more information. Thanks!!
Wish Upon A Star... three weeks to go
Oct 25, 2013 9:02am
Thread
And counting! Hard to believe it's so close!

Still looking for carves done by someone other than myself. I have had 3 other contributors, but would love some more! I can say one thing, holding this event has made me a better carver.

Going tomorrow to get the last of the clues for hidey holes. Over 40 stamps in four loops and bonus hidden clue boxes. Plus hitchhikers. Then I put together a drawing too! Hope the weather will be decent.

Only real worry is potluck sign ups. Not many have signed up and I want to make sure we have enough food.

Any suggestions or recommendations from previous event holders?
Re: Wish Upon A Star... three weeks to go
Reply to: #812302 by SeerMeesh
Oct 25, 2013 9:21am
Thread
Your stamp from me is going out tomorrow a.m. Sorry--it's been a long (and sick) week!
Re: TALE 11 - Huntsville, TEXAS - March 1, 2014
Reply to: #812301 by Baby Bear
Oct 25, 2013 2:56pm
Thread
Already signed up. :)
Letterboxers Christmas
Oct 27, 2013 7:21am
Hey Everyone!

We are still looking for raffle items for our event November 16th. We are looking for Christmas items to Letterboxing items and anything in between. If you would like to send us something it would be greatly appreciated, just let us know.

Susan and Ray
Happydaze
Epitaph Day
Oct 27, 2013 6:12pm
Thread
in 2011 I filled out an interview in my profile. As I review I see I didn't know what to do with myself on Epitaph Day on Nov2nd. Do we still honor that day? If so please share.
Re: Epitaph Day
Reply to: #812685 by Beatfeet
Oct 27, 2013 7:45pm
Thread
It also happens to be the second day of Dias de Los Muertos.
Wyld West Event
Oct 28, 2013 9:07am
Many cudos to Wyldwings and all the carvers/planners for the fabulous event in Missouri yesterday. They get a 10+. Such fun clues, great clue books and activity schedule. Perfectly planned and executed.
Alaska
Oct 28, 2013 2:29pm
Thread
There is only 3 days left to make your reservation and get the group rate. If you change your mind later and decide to join us you will have to pay the published rate. Either way please send me a message and let me know you are coming with us!
Re: Alaska
Reply to: #812834 by Country Duo
Oct 29, 2013 11:46am
Thread
I'm confused. I thought August 31st was the last day to pay & sign up.