A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting

by WebfootProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
... Yes, hence the case jumping comment. :) Webfoot
by Night0wlProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for the detailed review of the Chinese carving block.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
I neglected to mention that this sweetloveqiner material is a bit thicker than most. I mic'd it at 7.6mm thick. 1/4" is 6.35mm, so you can see this is about 20% thicker than that.
by CTEagleEyeProfileContactLogbookNote
... I inherited several pieces of this from a Girl Scout trainer who taught LB classes for some time. I taught my first GS LB class yesterday and the trainees all made sig stamps with the speedy cut. The class is designed to teach leaders how to teach...
by TaradacylProfileContactLogbookNote
Has anyone ever tried carving in moo carve I saw this white carving black for sale and was wondering Thanks
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
Very bad
by KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
Do a search of this board and you'll find info going back a few years. K
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
we're pretty sure they make it out of cottage cheese. . . ~tigs
by Fluffy CowProfileContactLogbookNote
*sigh* Ok, once and for all... DON'T CARVE THE COWS!
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
... LOL! Yes, but one would be better to carve what comes OUT of the backside of cows than that Moo stuff!
by Fluffy CowProfileContactLogbookNote
You can carve METHANE!?!??!?!?!?!
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
... ROFLMAO!!! :)
by christmas6ProfileContactLogbookNote
I found 2 slabs of 09 pink at my Blick today!
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
Based on Kirbert's review, I ordered this material too. I got 3 pieces of colored (which turned out to be fuscia, yellow, and turquoise) and a piece of white. It only took two weeks, order to arrival, and I second all of Kirbert's observations - very...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
I didn't get that stuff. I'd probably find a use for it, even if it isn't carving!
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
Asked the seller what it was, and got this reply: ... So apparently the suggested use is as a backing to the stamp. It's much firmer than foam, but not as hard as wood. Hmmmmm . . . maybe a set of coasters or a trivet??
by SuniaProfileContactLogbookNote
I am interested in making my first carve, and have some Speedy carve. I will hunt down my old linoleum tools. My question is about the subject matter. I don't want to copy a photo or clip art, and will keep my first design simple. Does the image I...
by LuLaHeProfileContactLogbookNote
... All of the above! It's interesting to find a carve that is relevant to the area, but just as much fun to something creative and original. Do something that's meaningful to you. The rest of us will appreciate it for what it is, a work of art, no mat...
by KOProfileContactLogbookNote
Carve ANYTHING you like!
by FloridaFourProfileContactLogbookNote
As an artist, I prefer to carve what I like.... then try if possible, to find a place to hide it. I'm not really into history, so I dont tend to carve historical things or places. Sometimes you can be creative with a story, and make the carve subject...
by Granny ButterflyProfileContactLogbookNote
I had tto travel a long way to find my first box. If you plant a boxer will enjoy.
by crosscresentProfileContactLogbookNote
Just be careful with words. So when you stamp, they arent backwards!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I still totally blunder on this because i sometimes carve right on the stuff with out having transfered an image. Im ridiculous! Haha! Just have fun! ~cc
by Okie DogProfileContactLogbookNote
... ........ ....... Are you needing a signature stamp? If so, yes, your first carve might be your signature stamp, so reflect upon yourself for that one in some way...otherwise what they say...
by connecticut croakerProfileContactLogbookNote
What is the consensus on the best product for image transfer, other than using parchment paper and special printers? I have tried wintergreen oil, which has a tendency to run. Acetone, which comes out a lot lighter than I would like. And pencil tracing...
by FloridaFourProfileContactLogbookNote
It depends on what kind of printer you are using. I think a blender pen is similar to acetone, my art teacher uses blender pens. They dry up quickly, so then she just dips them into acetone. You are using 100% acetone, right? Acetone for me is by...
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
What kind of printer are you using. Blender pens are xylene, and they work just like acetone. They are both solvents that seem to dissolve and soften the image, but they only work with laserjet images, and even then not all of them. And FF is right....
by Rick in BocaProfileContactLogbookNote
Just a word in favor of Speedball Speedy-Cut "Easy" (blue stuff). It is the only media available at Hobby Lobby $4.99 for a 4x6 block. On my last visit to Michael's there was no rubber in stock. For some beginners, this is how they start... at the ho...
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
I'd try it if I ever saw it. Why not right?
by WiseOldOwlProfileContactLogbookNote
Miss C., I don't think you'd like it, but I have a chunk left from a carve I did recently when I had no other carving material available that I could send you if you want to try it. I don't think it would be suitable for your type of detailed carves be...
by BfloAnonChickProfileContactLogbookNote
Yeah, near as I can tell, it's identical to tan Speedy Cut, but they changed the colour. (Maybe they caught on to its bad reputation?) But compared to pink, it's awful.