Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting

by CTEagleEyeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
... Good to know. Might make good practice pieces though. ... I have heard of doing that for transfers from parchment paper to keep them from smearing but never thought of it for pencil transfers. It does make sense that the contrasting colors would...
by bluebirdloverProfileContactLogbookNote
Did you not see that Forayach said that he would thumb wrestle with me & then he would give me a NICE carving lesson! neener, neener, neener! Some folks are just nice. I can't say I'll run when you show up cause I'm still not fast enough. You'd overt...
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
... umm, yeah, ew. Everything you need to see.
I was hoping for the lesson whether I won or lost. Hoping the winner would feel sorry for the loser, if that is the way the thumb lands! ; )
... Oh be brave & give it a whirl! Then just send it off to Foraych if you can't get it to work! (or me!)
by The Wolf FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
... Here's how it works: If I win, I get the reverse If I lose, you hand over YOUR reverse, and I'll give you a lesson(of course, I can't say that your reverse is ever making it back into your hands...)
... Wow! You are wicked. Where did you write about me pocketing YOUR reverse? Thought you had one did you???????
... Yes, I did seem to have left that part out, didn't I? I guess that would be a possibility IF I brought it with me. Thankfully, it will be safely elsewhere...
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
well, i'll give you a lesson too, and no thumb wars! that sounds WAY too violent. how's about just a nice cuppa tea, and a little walk, a carving lesson, and we call it good? how's that Boy o' yours? ~tigs
... Well, I don't think it's supposed to be but... Wolf *who likes to apply Calvin Ball "rules" to all games*
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
Those "Calvin Ball" rules really are great - maybe you can teach me those while I give a carving exhibition to bluebirdlover (and tigs sneaks your reverses from your stash). :)
... OMG!! Don't you DARN recruit Tigs!! As Igor's Assistant, I demand that you take my side!
... Silly, Igor's Assistant! Tigs recruited ME - she is the one in charge, amazing you did not notice that for yourself! FORAYCH - Stirring, stirring, poking, and stirring some more ;)
... WHAT??? Who the heck put HER in charge??!! Hmmm... I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Perhaps that's what's been putting Cyclonic off about your boxes!
Ha! You wouldn't believe the condition of some of the brand new gouges I have seen!
When others view the gallery, would they see the photos in alphabetical order or in whatever their own default order is?
by MajicalProfileContactLogbookNote
When I first saw this I thought you were looking for tips on how to twerk like Miley Cyrus! I then realized that she had blurred lines.... You were asking about thin lines. Wrong kind of lines.... My bad ;)
LOL!!! ... Here of course is who did: ???????
by GirlguidesProfileContactLogbookNote
... THAT was Speedy Carve?!! I'll say it held up, and with amazing detail and thin lines. Stunning carves.
by Granny HummingbirdProfileContactLogbookNote
I tried to heat transfer, but I know I did it all wrong. I melted the pink stuff, OOPS. Oh well maybe another time. So I cut out my design , outlined it on the pink stuff, hand drew the details and carved my stamps. Just finished. GH
by nosoxProfileContactLogbookNote
Here is a heat transfer video on youtube that I did a while back. Maybe something in it can be of help.
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
... dunno. Ryan? Wassa?
by Granny HummingbirdProfileContactLogbookNote
... Thank you !!!!!! I also watched the other videos and they were all very helpful. I enjoyed the carving video with the gouge nibs and there was one using the knife. The carvers sure made it look easy. I'm sure with practice it will become easier. I...
by SpitFireProfileContactLogbookNote
I do nothing but the heat transfer. Using a #2 pencil works much better than ink or printer ink. Trace over your image with a pencil. Then with a lowest iron setting, using the tip of the iron, iron the transfer on to the pink stuff. You don't have to...
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
i like you!!! ~tigs (*walking quietly around the Wolf*) by the way, if you strap BACON to any part of your body, that will help keep her attention.
by chili pepperProfileContactLogbookNote
... Hmmm...I think i resemble that remark. If you carefully bend the stamp after the first cut, you can see the first line. This was easily done on the old pink, but the new stuff may break if you overdo it. Also, wear 3X reading glasses even if they...
by lettersandscienceProfileContactLogbookNote
... Ah, the white "stuff"...we bought that once because it was cheaper. In this case, we got what we paid for. Super crumbly and difficult to make intricate cuts on. One thing that we found did help when finer carving had to happen was putting it in th...
... The secret there is to be carving orange PZ Kut. The translucent orange color lights up like a light bulb when it's sliced. The good pink stuff does, too, to a much smaller but still workable extent. ... Well, as a knife carver of considerable e...
by Spoiled RottenProfileContactLogbookNote
Awesome!!! Thanks for the video. It was amazing and helps a lot.