A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Postals

Re: Postal Mystery??
Board: Postals
Reply to: #978328 by PSMH
Aug 13, 2019 11:11am
Thread
Watch for a post on this board Sunday It will have instructions and clue 1.
Mystery Postal #420 is now open
Aug 18, 2019 7:48am
Thread
Mystery postal tracker 420 is now open for solving. Check out he tracker below for information and directions of how to participate and make guesses. Check back each day on this postal message board for additional clues. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Clue 1 = ESPN

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10292
Re: Mystery Postal #420 is now open
Reply to: #978473 by IrishRef
Aug 19, 2019 10:49am
Thread
There were many obvious answers and a few obscure ones from those that have played often.

Clue 2 = 4
Aug 20, 2019 9:09am
Thread
Clue 3 = Jackson Five hit from 1970
Aug 21, 2019 12:16pm
Thread
Love the guesses so far. I can only marvel how two people got this correct with the FIRST CLUE!!!

Clue 4 = Fe
Aug 22, 2019 9:05am
Thread
Clue 5 = Anaheim
Aug 23, 2019 10:29am
Thread
We are still looking for two more brave souls. Be sure to use all the clues and look at them inside and out. I still find it incredible that two people got this right with one clue. I start carving tonight. Hopefully I can send it onward Monday.

Clue 6 = Subsidiary
Re: Mystery Postal #420 is now closed
Aug 23, 2019 7:13pm
Thread
We now have the ten correct solvers of the most recent mystery. Watch for the solution and explanation of clues soon.
Re: Mystery Postal #420 solution and explanation
Reply to: #978728 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 3:14pm
Thread
Thanks for all that attempted guesses. Hopefully seeing these explanation will help for future attempts.

The solution is Walt Disney Company

Clues:
1 ESPN = Disney owns ESPN This also set the tone of sports related theme.
2. 4 = Disney was ranked 4th by Fortune list of world's most admired companies. Also 4th on Forbes list of world's best employer. This also continues a sports theme. Expected NCAAF championship of NCAAM final four.
3. Jackson Five Song = ABC which is another company owned by Disney
4. Fe = Felt answers were getting too obvious so had to be a little devious. This clue was to get you to Marvel which is owned by Disney. Fe is for Ironman. If you look back at the post it includes a few sentences. Included in there was the word marvel. This also led to several going for the Iron Bowl continuing the football theme.
5. Anaheim - Reference to the location of Disneyland. Was hoping the sports theme would continue with someone looking for #4 on the Angels or Ducks roster. Oh yeah the Mighty Ducks also were previously associated with Disney. Was also considering Orlando for this clue.
6. Subsidiary - This clue got you thinking about companies. Also the sentences on the post included several Pixar films. Pixar you guessed it owned by Disney.

I often comment that Amazon and Disney are taking over the world.
Reply to: #978748 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 4:20pm
Thread
Excellent, I.R!
I was dancing all around it, but just could not grab it. Hoping for next time. 8~)
Reply to: #978748 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 7:56pm
Thread
Oh, I was thinking "4" was for the four original "lands" at Disneyland:
Tomorrow Land
Adventureland
Frontierland
Fantasyland

:)