Jul 18, 2015 7:24pm
Thread
Come to Illinois!
Re: Hey Wisconsinites
Board: State: Wisconsin
Reply to: #904917 by Gypsy Fiddler
Jul 18, 2015 7:51pm
Thread
I'll be boxing near Beetle next Sunday, but I can't wait until then!
In Door County 8/12 - 8/18
Aug 1, 2015 8:08pm
Thread
I'll bein Door County for a week this month and plan to do some boxing.
Anyone live up that way and want to get together?
Geoboxing?
Aug 8, 2015 6:54am
Thread
So, the Washington County Parks system has come up with a hybrid series called Wild About Parks Quest. It includes 22 letterboxes, 7 bonus geocaches, and 22 letters for the Master puzzle. Most of it looks pretty straight forward. They have their own boxes that they move and change each year and there are prizes for kids 17 and under if they show up in the 15th at the finale depending on how many you have found. I would be interested for next year I think.

Www.co.washington.wi.us/parks
Re: Geoboxing?
Reply to: #906648 by SeerMeesh
Aug 8, 2015 6:55am
Thread
What I like is that it gets people who are interested, but doesn't affect our boxes.
Irish Fest in Milwaukee 8/15
Aug 8, 2015 5:49pm
Thread
I'm volunteering at Irish Fest on Saturday 8/15 at the Archives tent in the Cultural Village. The exhibit is on Irish Travel posters from the 20th century.

If anyone happens to be at the Fest and would like to do an exchange, I'll be there from 2 pm to 5:30 pm. I'm bringing two Personal Travelers and two fleas from Ireland that I'd like to pass on.

FRH
Re: Irish Fest in Milwaukee 8/15
Reply to: #906713 by Front Range Hiker
Aug 8, 2015 6:24pm
Thread
Hang it all! It would be when I'm out of town with my troop. You aren't by chance around Wednesday?
Reply to: #906715 by SeerMeesh
Aug 8, 2015 7:03pm
Thread
I fly on this Wednesday, arriving around 4 pm. Would you like to meet up?
Reply to: #904906 by SeerMeesh
Aug 9, 2015 1:47pm
Thread
I'm in Door County from 8/12 - 8/17 and will be looking for boxes up that way and planting four.
Anyone?
Re: In Door County 8/12 - 8/18
Reply to: #906077 by iSignASLily
Aug 9, 2015 1:48pm
Thread
HI all -

I don't see any replies so I'm hoping there may be SOMEONE in the Door who is interested in meeting up. Maybe we are solo up in the Door???
Reply to: #906719 by Front Range Hiker
Aug 9, 2015 2:54pm
Thread
Would LOVE to! Whenever is convenient. I am free Wed. after 4pm (I can get away from the family. Lol) Let me know your plans and we could just do a short meet up or dinner or some thing. Yay! I love meeting new people.
Reply to: #906792 by iSignASLily
Aug 9, 2015 3:20pm
Thread
I've got Girl Scout camping this weekend. Anyone for the following weekend?
Adopting Boxes
Sep 1, 2015 5:59pm
Thread
Hi there all! I'm a fellow boxer in the Chicago area. A couple of years ago I had placed a few boxes in Sheboygan and am no longer able to maintain them. I am hoping to find a friendly soul out there who would be willing to adopt the boxes for me. Please let me know if you are willing and able to help me out! Thanks!
Re: Adopting Boxes
Reply to: #908646 by Vintage Vixen
Sep 2, 2015 8:24am
Thread
If you don't get a response, you might try the Yahoo Great Lakes Letterboxing Group. I don't think they're on AQ too much. I never see anything on the Wisconsin board. Or change the subject title--sometimes the word "adoption" can stir up a can of worms on the boards.
Re: Adopting Boxes
Reply to: #908678 by Topcollector
Sep 2, 2015 6:21pm
Thread
Okay, thanks for your help!
Happy AQ anniversary Martini Man
Nov 17, 2015 7:33pm
Thread
Happy anniversary from Missouri! Thanks for all you do to support and encourage letterboxing!
Re: Happy AQ anniversary Martini Man
Reply to: #914231 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Nov 18, 2015 11:39am
Thread
Gosh! Thanks!
Re: Happy AQ anniversary Martini Man
Reply to: #914231 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Nov 18, 2015 4:32pm
Thread
Happy anniversary from Arizona!
Letterbox WI: 2 day series, World Environment Day
Apr 14, 2016 1:26pm
Hey WI! I'm hosting an event, thanks for spreading the word to new letterboxers, and if you're an experience letterboxer please come to the Sunday portion of the event series! :) RSVPs are appreciated!
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3657
New to Milwaukee - Suggestions?
May 31, 2017 2:42pm
Thread
Hello everyone,

I'm getting back into the Letterboxing scene after taking a break the past few years. I'm new to the area and I'm excited to start finding and planting my own boxes soon!

Any recommendations/favorites to suggest in the Milwaukee area? I'm hoping to bring a colleague with me on one or two finds, so beginner-friendly boxes would be nice too.

Cheers!
Re: New to Milwaukee - Suggestions?
Reply to: #946324 by Aviatrix
Jun 1, 2017 10:39am
Thread
If you would be interested in attending an event, the 2017 Great Lakes Gathering - "One for the Books" will be held in the Milwaukee area (Delafield) on June 24th. That would be a great place to meet up with some local boxers and find lots of great letterboxes!
Reply to: #946355 by brandicat
Jun 2, 2017 9:54pm
Thread
Thanks! I had spotted that and thought to myself that I am so lucky that I decided to check in to AtlasQuest here and now. I would have been kicking myself so hard if I had pushed off logging in until July! :)
Reply to: #946434 by Aviatrix
Jun 3, 2017 7:09pm
Thread
There is also a Yahoo group (great lakes board) that had a bunch of locals on it where you may get more feedback. But you should DEFINTELY come to the GLK event later this month!

Hope to meet you there,
A of atomic beans
Greetings!
Jun 8, 2018 6:44pm
Thread
I see the posts on this board are pretty old, so I thought that I would make an introduction to give it a boost. {Off topic but, OMG A NEW PREDATOR MOVIE, eta September..WOOT}
I am in northeast Wisconsin and my days off are Monday/Thursday. Those will be my trail days if anyone is interested in partnering sometime.
Re: Greetings!
Reply to: #961002 by InkTap
Jun 9, 2018 5:18pm
Thread
Where in NE Wisconsin?! I grew up in Rhinelander, still get there a few times a year to visit my Mom. Maybe we could meet for an exchange sometime?

-AG
Re: Greetings!
Reply to: #961027 by ArtGekko
Jun 14, 2018 8:19pm
Thread
I am in Manitowoc. Rhinelander, I think is about 3 hours from here? I have a friend from Rhinelander and she's taken me up there a couple of times. An exchange sounds fun! If any dates are good for you this summer let me know. I just need three weeks advance notice for PTO at work if possible.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
Jan 26, 2019 11:37am
Thread
Is anybody planning to attend this year? I hope to be and would love to meet up!

Yosemite MJD
Re: EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
Reply to: #970688 by Yosemite MJD
Feb 2, 2019 12:00am
Thread
wow, I didn't realize that it goes on for several days. I could probably make it at some point.
Reply to: #970688 by Yosemite MJD
Feb 2, 2019 8:45am
Thread
Considering going...not sure yet. I went last in 2010 which seems a long time ago now. But it was certainly a memorable trip! First year after earning my PPL so everything was new and shiny. :)
Reply to: #970975 by SapphireBerry
Feb 2, 2019 4:47pm
Thread
Yeah, I know it’s really early, but there is a lot of planning ahead! I’ll drop a line much closer to time!

Yosemite MJD