About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: State: Washington

4 event boxes need homes.
Board: State: Washington
Jun 2, 2019 11:15am
Thread
Hello! I am downsizing and have 4 event boxes that need someone to love them. You could turn them into add-a-stamp boxes very easily as all of the boxes have multiple stamps based around a theme. I was hoping someone in the Washington state area would like to adopt all 4 and either plant and monitor them or use them as event boxes. It seems I love to carve, but don't love to plant. 3 of them have been event boxes in the past, and the 4th has not been to an event yet.
1.Neko Atsume (Kitty Collector) - a box with 8 stamps and logbook based on this app.
2.Halloween - a box with 10 stamps and logbook with a Halloween theme
3.Plants vs. Zombies - a box with 12 stamps and logbook based on this computer game
4.Breweries - a box with 6 stamps, 1 logbook and a bottle opener for the first finder's prize - this one has not been in circulation yet.
Anyone want to adopt one or all of these boxes for me? I am willing to mail them. -Litter Boxer (Sarah)
Re: 4 event boxes need homes.
Reply to: #975759 by Litter Boxer
Jun 2, 2019 11:46am
Thread
I’m always willing to take on boxes that need homes. I’m in the Dallas, TX area, so you’d have to mail them.
Jun 2, 2019 11:51am
Thread
Hi!

I'm new to all this. I stumbled across a letterbox in my area that was planted 2 years ago. someone found it and left it on a bench. looks like a fun hobby.

I live in Grand Junction, CO. there are not may active boxes here, but we get plenty of visitors from around the world.

I am a fan of Plants vs Zombies. If that set is still available, I would love to take on those.

Any help you could give to this newbie would be appreciated.

KayNobel
Jun 2, 2019 12:17pm
Thread
Plants vs. Zombies - a box with 12 stamps and logbook based on this computer game

That's an addicting little game. Played it almost my entire flight from Los Angeles to Sydney. *nodding* =)

Pretty sure it annoyed the guy who sat in the seat in front of me as I poked the screen all night long.

-- Ryan
Jun 2, 2019 2:42pm
Thread
HI there, I live in Wisconsin, and - oh my gosh - we love us some breweries! I'd be happy to adopt, plant and care for the brewery set!
Best,
The Naughty Trolls
Jun 2, 2019 6:04pm
Thread
I live in Spokane, WA. Between Forever Strong 6 and myself we could get your stamps properly planted. Message me if you are interested. Otherwise, it sounds like you already have some great offers! :)
Reply to: #975760 by LadyRisa
Jun 3, 2019 1:48pm
Thread
I heartily support LadyRisa's request for rehoming in the Dallas area. I'm in Austin and I'd love to find these boxes next time I'm making a trip to Cowboys country!
Jun 3, 2019 3:27pm
Thread
I would take the Halloween boxes but I live in Ky so you would have to mail them. I could reimburse you
Reply to: #975834 by Origami Hen
Jun 3, 2019 3:52pm
Thread
Thanks for your support!
Jun 11, 2019 2:38pm
Thread
Always looking for stamps and even event boxes. Send any-anytime!
Reply to: #976243 by Crazy GMA
Jun 11, 2019 5:09pm
Thread
The Cross family lives in Michigan, and we are also interested in Halloween series...same as Everyone else they would have to be mailed to us...and we would be Happy to Re-imburse You for Postage.
Traveling
Jun 21, 2019 11:55am
Hello! My family and I are going to be traveling through Seattle next week. We will be there for two days and will have a vehicle...any must get boxes if I get a little extra time?
WTA Hike-a-thon for 2019!
Jul 3, 2019 1:58pm
Hey there, it is that time of year again and I am doing the WTA hike-a-thon for the Washington Trails Association.

https://give.wta.org/fundraiser/2179299

Just $1 or $3 or $5 is fine to donate, don't let the numbers on the website intimidate you. My bread and butter are my folks who donate $3!!

-Amanda from Seattle
ST in Vancouver
Dec 1, 2019 10:43am
Thread
Hello, hello! If you live in he Vancouver area, and your initials are ST, will you please send me a private message? I have a question about a stamp. Thank you!
Re: ST in Vancouver
Reply to: #981517 by RDHG
Dec 1, 2019 1:15pm
Thread
I believe that would be fam_ting.
I live in Vancouver and may be able to help if you cannot reach the planter.
Kizmet
Re: Factice Creek
Reply to: #73752 by Doc's Menagerie
Jan 10, 2020 12:52pm
Thread
Indeed. Factice as well as Ronnie n Winnie never really existed although there were actual treasures that were hidden. Sadly, these escapades have long since evaporated. Maybe someday they might be resurrected.
Reply to: #982436 by stealthboxxer
Jan 10, 2020 3:41pm
Thread
Wasn’t somebody looking for you recently on the Pacific Northwest board????
Reply to: #73752 by Doc's Menagerie
Jan 10, 2020 4:00pm
Thread
Oh lord why did I see this? This will drive me nuts and I live 2500 or so miles away! Lol
Reply to: #982437 by MissMoon
Jan 10, 2020 5:08pm
Thread
In the words of Yoda, found me they have.
Reply to: #982436 by stealthboxxer
Jan 11, 2020 7:48pm
Thread
In our search for Factice, we found the following definition:

"Fake!" But to be more precise, a factice is a [perfume] bottle made for the purpose of display, not for sale. It is considered to be a "dummy" instead of the real thing.

... seems rather fitting
Reply to: #982469 by Nature Hikers
Jan 11, 2020 9:09pm
Thread
I think you get the flavor now.
Planters in NW Washington
Mar 13, 2020 8:27pm
Thread
Hello, I have been out of letterboxing for several years. Basically everything west of Seattle and North of Tacoma. I know winter is still in effect and it's still cold. Are there any boxers in this area that are still active? And is anyone planning on planting soon?

I went through my storage unit and came across several box's of Letterbox stuff. Log books, tools, rubber, ink etc. Brought back so many delightful memories and especially all the people I've met. Kinda spur an old flame to get my stuff back out again.
Re: Planters in NW Washington
Reply to: #984343 by TerraKacher
Mar 13, 2020 9:07pm
Thread
Welcome back to boxing! I (kind of) moved to the area about 2 years ago and have met many of the local and regional boxer who are still active. There are not as many as there used to be but they are out there. I carved two today in the nasty weather for planting locally (Puyallup) and Priest Point Park in Olympia has had some recent boxes planted out that way.

Bremerton does not appear to have seen as much action lately though so you will have to travel. Port Orchard has a bunch of active boxes. Use your advanced search function to see the newest planted and/or most recently found, see who is planting and finding and you will get an idea of who still plays. Plus maybe if you reach out you can bring others back in the fold.
Mar 13, 2020 9:14pm
Thread
Welcome back! I remember your sig stamp, I always loved that. Great to see you on the boards again!
Reply to: #984345 by wassamatta u
Mar 14, 2020 3:32am
Thread
Thanks Wassa,

I've always wanted to get back in sooner, but I have some new people interested too. Been following the turtle hiking across the country.

TK
Reply to: #984344 by Dawgdok
Mar 14, 2020 3:41am
Thread
Thanks Dawgdok,

Hope to meet up with you some day and exchange stamps. I'm thinking about working my way back into the hobby again. Came across my log books and some of my carvings in storage. Kinda rekindled the o'spark again. Thinking about hiding one in Kingston Wa or two.

I'm part of the Kingston Public Market on Saturdays starting July 4th. I'm going to introduce letterboxing to the area at the market. I run a Kettle Corn Booth at the market,
Mar 18, 2020 10:48am
Thread
Yay!! Glad to see back on the boards, my friend!!

KuKu
Reply to: #984504 by KuKu
Mar 18, 2020 12:27pm
Thread
I missed my boxing friends. I'm starting to gather my carving supplies out of storage. Red Hat Rosie say Hi.
Mar 20, 2020 5:11pm
Thread
Welcome back Terra Kacher and Red Hat Rosie! I hope all is well! Glad to see you still have the letterboxing bug.
Maybe we shall meet again?
Kizmet aka CampFireLady
Reply to: #984615 by Kizmet
Mar 20, 2020 8:29pm
Thread
OMG, I was just thinking about you. I started looking at my contacts thinking, now where is CampFireLady?

About a month ago, I cleaned out my storage locker and found about three banana box's full of my boxing stuff. I was reminiscing about all the meetings and flings, my log books, along with all the other boxers.

I miss everyone! I hope I can come to a nearby event someday soon.

Soon I will find and gear back up to begin carving and hiding. it's good to be back again for sure.

TK