Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Washington

Re: Visiting Spokane Valley
Board: State: Washington
Reply to: #960704 by Baqash
Jun 11, 2018 9:55am
Thread
Thanks Baquash,
I had such limited time in Spokane that I didn’t get a chance to box ☹️ Maybe next year.
Fall Color
Aug 19, 2018 4:32pm
Thread
I will be up around Seattle the beginning of November. Where is there good Fall color, particularly around Bellevue/Bremerton/Port Townsend?
Re: Fall Color
Reply to: #964091 by Yosemite MJD
Aug 19, 2018 5:29pm
Thread
On the Bellevue side I like to go to St Edwards. Park. They have those Maple trees that have the HUGE leaves. I call them dinner plates. They are always gorgeous

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/north-trail-saint-edward-state-park

Over on the Seattle side, Washington Park Arboretum.
The Japanese Maple, Asiatic Maple, and Mountain Ash sections on the northeast side of the park, and the Japanese Garden on the southwest side of the park.

Amanda
Re: Fall Color
Reply to: #964093 by Amanda from Seattle
Aug 20, 2018 5:37am
Thread
Thanks!
Puyallup
Mar 4, 2019 5:57am
Thread
Hi all!
I'll be in the Puyallup area next week (March 11-15), is there anyone in that area that would like to meet and do an exchange? I'll be letterboxing all over that area.
Thanks!
SD
Re: Puyallup
Reply to: #972333 by SnakeDoctor
Mar 4, 2019 6:59am
Thread
You have mail.

snbone
Re: Puyallup
Reply to: #972333 by SnakeDoctor
Mar 6, 2019 6:15pm
Thread
Hope you kids have a good time. I have some boxes in the vicinity. I recommend the bonsai garden in federal way.
TriCities
May 28, 2019 10:30am
Thread
In Kennewick for a couple weeks anybody near enough for a meet and greet? Hoping to get in a little boxing too but traveling with mostly noxers.
Re: TriCities
Reply to: #975580 by Explorin Orren
May 28, 2019 2:21pm
Thread
I was probably the only one around there but have permanently relocated to Tucson.
Planting Washington
May 29, 2019 1:55pm
Thread
Anyone remember when we tried to plant all the towns in Washington six years ago? My Bickleton box finally had a first finder. And it was buried pretty deep under the duff. Foraych probably thought I never really planted his carve
Re: Planting Washington
Reply to: #975651 by Baqash
May 29, 2019 3:00pm
Thread
That's a long wait, but at least it was found. I planted two, both of which went missing without ever being found. Sadly, I think there's a reason boxes aren't planted in such out-of-the-way places.
Reply to: #975654 by Wise Wanderer
May 29, 2019 5:14pm
Thread
we planted 3 in Leavenworth last June that are seeing little to no action... :( And that's not even out-of-the-way...makes one wonder if it's worth the effort...
Reply to: #975662 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
May 29, 2019 6:35pm
Thread
I was excited it was still there and someone was willing to dig deep enough to find it
Reply to: #975663 by Baqash
May 29, 2019 7:54pm
Thread
Of the ones I planted, half went missing. But I also recently got a find report on one of mine. It had not been found for 2 years. And I still like to plant on " off the beaten path" locales

Amanda from Seattle
Reply to: #975651 by Baqash
May 29, 2019 10:18pm
Thread
Foraych probably thought I never really planted his carve

Linda, I had full faith the box and stamp were out there given the finds on other out of the way plants in Washington we collaborated on. 😁

Like you, I was pleased getting the notification this one was found though!
Reply to: #975662 by QueenMother'n'CloudWalker
May 30, 2019 10:18pm
Thread
{makes one wonder if it's worth the effort}

Oh please don’t say that, it is worth the effort. I like going to off the beaten spots but I only have so much time. I’ve also planted in places so remote I don’t think anyone will find them, but I do it anyway, just in case there is that intrepid letterboxer willing to go to the ends of the earth for it.

I also really enjoy finding boxes that haven’t been found in awhile when I’m in an area.

I say plant on!!!
Reply to: #975710 by Dawgdok
Jun 1, 2019 6:41pm
Thread
I recently moved to the Seattle area and love to letterbox. I don't seem to have much time to do it but would love to have more letterboxes planted in the Shoreline area.

I understand the frustration as I planted a box that went missing before it was found. Sad.

I am hoping to plant some boxes in this area but gosh getting to it is hard. Maybe this summer.
4 event boxes need homes.
Jun 2, 2019 11:15am
Thread
Hello! I am downsizing and have 4 event boxes that need someone to love them. You could turn them into add-a-stamp boxes very easily as all of the boxes have multiple stamps based around a theme. I was hoping someone in the Washington state area would like to adopt all 4 and either plant and monitor them or use them as event boxes. It seems I love to carve, but don't love to plant. 3 of them have been event boxes in the past, and the 4th has not been to an event yet.
1.Neko Atsume (Kitty Collector) - a box with 8 stamps and logbook based on this app.
2.Halloween - a box with 10 stamps and logbook with a Halloween theme
3.Plants vs. Zombies - a box with 12 stamps and logbook based on this computer game
4.Breweries - a box with 6 stamps, 1 logbook and a bottle opener for the first finder's prize - this one has not been in circulation yet.
Anyone want to adopt one or all of these boxes for me? I am willing to mail them. -Litter Boxer (Sarah)
Re: 4 event boxes need homes.
Reply to: #975759 by Litter Boxer
Jun 2, 2019 11:46am
Thread
I’m always willing to take on boxes that need homes. I’m in the Dallas, TX area, so you’d have to mail them.
Jun 2, 2019 11:51am
Thread
Hi!

I'm new to all this. I stumbled across a letterbox in my area that was planted 2 years ago. someone found it and left it on a bench. looks like a fun hobby.

I live in Grand Junction, CO. there are not may active boxes here, but we get plenty of visitors from around the world.

I am a fan of Plants vs Zombies. If that set is still available, I would love to take on those.

Any help you could give to this newbie would be appreciated.

KayNobel
Jun 2, 2019 12:17pm
Thread
Plants vs. Zombies - a box with 12 stamps and logbook based on this computer game

That's an addicting little game. Played it almost my entire flight from Los Angeles to Sydney. *nodding* =)

Pretty sure it annoyed the guy who sat in the seat in front of me as I poked the screen all night long.

-- Ryan
Jun 2, 2019 2:42pm
Thread
HI there, I live in Wisconsin, and - oh my gosh - we love us some breweries! I'd be happy to adopt, plant and care for the brewery set!
Best,
The Naughty Trolls
Jun 2, 2019 6:04pm
Thread
I live in Spokane, WA. Between Forever Strong 6 and myself we could get your stamps properly planted. Message me if you are interested. Otherwise, it sounds like you already have some great offers! :)
Reply to: #975760 by LadyRisa
Jun 3, 2019 1:48pm
Thread
I heartily support LadyRisa's request for rehoming in the Dallas area. I'm in Austin and I'd love to find these boxes next time I'm making a trip to Cowboys country!
Jun 3, 2019 3:27pm
Thread
I would take the Halloween boxes but I live in Ky so you would have to mail them. I could reimburse you
Reply to: #975834 by Origami Hen
Jun 3, 2019 3:52pm
Thread
Thanks for your support!
Jun 11, 2019 2:38pm
Thread
Always looking for stamps and even event boxes. Send any-anytime!
Reply to: #976243 by Crazy GMA
Jun 11, 2019 5:09pm
Thread
The Cross family lives in Michigan, and we are also interested in Halloween series...same as Everyone else they would have to be mailed to us...and we would be Happy to Re-imburse You for Postage.
Traveling
Jun 21, 2019 11:55am
Hello! My family and I are going to be traveling through Seattle next week. We will be there for two days and will have a vehicle...any must get boxes if I get a little extra time?
WTA Hike-a-thon for 2019!
Jul 3, 2019 1:58pm
Hey there, it is that time of year again and I am doing the WTA hike-a-thon for the Washington Trails Association.

https://give.wta.org/fundraiser/2179299

Just $1 or $3 or $5 is fine to donate, don't let the numbers on the website intimidate you. My bread and butter are my folks who donate $3!!

-Amanda from Seattle