Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Virginia

by oceanwindsProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Virginia
We're interested but you know us.. really depends on whats going on pretty much the few days before the event date. Sorry but that's just the way it is.. So December or February either one. But I don't like snow or cold weather!!!!
by dixie darlinProfileContactLogbookNote
that weekend is WREATHES ACROSS AMERICA so we wouldn't be able to attend if you change to different weekend i would love to see you Kathy Dixie Darlin' Taylorsville NC
by BrandyProfileContactLogbookNote
Boyfriend and I are planning a road trip in December that will include a day at Shenandoah. If anyone has any especially helpful tips for this park... I would really appreciate it. Thanks for helping me plan our WOMdering...
by LightninBugProfileContactLogbookNote
The may be some old mainiacs roaming about, so be careful. ;-)
by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
Only one month until Pie Palooza - please come join us for a day of letterboxing, and also, pie.
by IdhunnaProfileContactLogbookNote
Hello! I will be on a family vacation in Virginia Beach next week. We are super excited to visit this lovely state. Are there any can't miss letterboxes in the area? I've got several marked to try for, not sure I can make them all...you have some proli...
by frankie and benjyProfileContactLogbookNote
Casa del Sol's library series is really amazing!
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
Agree with Frankie and Benjy. The library boxes are a must find. They are awesome. If you need to get off the beach on a rainy day they are a great choice. Enjoy your vacation.
by IdhunnaProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank You! I am going to try to find a little pig, and was thinking Red Wing park. We shall see. I have nonbinding family with me.
It's been all over the news lately, but in case you've missed it: Clarke Co & Frederick Co have this horrifying invasive weed now --
by The Beach PeopleProfileContactLogbookNote
This sounds a lot like the poison hemlock spreading in Franklin County, PA! It’s supposed to look a bit like Queen Anne’s Lace.
by 7rxcProfileContactLogbookNote
It's a problem when the Giant Hogweed isn't... They are not created 7 feet tall... be careful when dealing with plants that are slightly taller than or shorter than a fully developed cow parsnip... they are very similar, might be very closely related....
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
I think I have this growing beside my house, I don't know what to do with it.
What?!?!? Yikes - good thing you're near VT: ... was quoted in the article --
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
... I would call the local environmental conservation department and tell them. Or maybe the EPA.
by AstroBeastProfileContactLogbookNote
I will be in Roanoke, VA next week for a few days on vacation. Can anyone give me suggestions on letterboxes to find or interesting things to do in the area? Good places to eat? Thanks. AstroBeast
Bubble Cakes for awesome cupcakes. Make sure you see the Star at night and the daytime. There’s a few good coffee shops around. I know I’ve gotten letterboxes there, but a lot have retired. Train museum is really nice and the blue ridge parkway is clo...
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
Dixie Caverns is fun and all this hot weather we have been having makes the cool cavern so enjoyable.
I second Dixie Caverns! Fun place, small tours.
Why am I just learning of this? Like as many times as hubby and I go there. Need to pull my head out of the coffee shops more huh?
OK, someone please tell me I'm not losing my mind! I feel certain there used to be a letterbox with 'Bear Fence' or 'Bearfence' in the name planted in Virginia. I've searched every way I can think of on AQ and LbNA and can't find it. Am I nuts, or did/...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
There is a Bearfence Mountain in the Shenandoah Mountain Range. Could you be thinking of that instead of a box name? I see that you had a box in that general vicinity at one time and I only see one other box nearby, Small but Wise at South River F...
Yes, it was a box at Bearfence Mountain. I'm afraid I may have printed the clue years ago and then gotten rid of it along with many others when I moved a couple of years ago.
Found it! I forgot about the Wayback Machine. :)
by QuarryProfileContactLogbookNote
My partner and I each planted a box or two in the charming little town of Occaquain, leaving them in the provisional care of her noxer Aunt. If we planted to close to anybody let us know, we can have the boxes pulled or moved. We are newbies so we can...
I've relocated this letterbox about 10 feet away to a more hidden hiding spot - just wanted to flag it in case anyone had already printed with intent. https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=294160
by OutdoorsoccerProfileContactLogbookNote
Hello Virginia boxers, SoccerGirl02 and I will be in the Norfolk/VA beach area for a soccer tournament this weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations on any must get boxes in the area (or LBs we should try for on the way up). Anyone else’s kid...
by Amanda from SeattleProfileContactLogbookNote
Doumars!! -Amanda from Seattle
The Virginia Beach Library series of boxes are top notch. All library branches have "approved" boxes in them. Not all branches are open on weekends, however, so it's best to look up branch hours of operation before heading that way. Good luck on the t...
by OutdoorsoccerProfileContactLogbookNote
I just looked up that LB and it looks great. Thanks for the suggestion Amanda. Take care, ODS and SoccerGirl02