Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Virginia

by THE RED CYCLONEProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Virginia
Happy happy cake day Miss Piggy!!! Looking forward to the next adventure.
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
I almost missed it. Happy happy Piggy 😃
by oceanwindsProfileContactLogbookNote
Hope you had a happy AQ cake day.
by lilkodamasProfileContactLogbookNote
Fountain Rock Park and Nature Center in Walkersville, MD has had a rotating series of letterboxes for awhile now. Due to construction in the park as well as missing boxes they were pulled earlier this year. In honor of Fountain Rock Park's 30th Birthda...
by MBPhenomenonProfileContactLogbookNote
Hello everyone, I'm back from a letterboxing hiatus. I am back and checking on and maintaining my boxes, answering my AQmessages and such. Thank you to everyone who has helped when they noticed my boxes needed assistance. Also, thank you to the letter...
Welcome back! Hope you are well. My letterboxing seasons come and go also. Just jump back in at your own pace. The Cold Case event you and Book Hoarder did awhile back is still at the top of one of my favorites. Happy Boxing!
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
Welcome back! I too am back although I never really left but did get very inactive. Trying now to get caught up.
by frankie and benjyProfileContactLogbookNote
Welcome back! We're up in your neck of the woods now, moved from P'burg last year.
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
I am looking at doing an event in December on the 16th in Fairfax-ish area. I'm trying to gauge interest. Should I do an event in December, or wait until February (even though the weather might be more horrible then)?
by MunkeybeeProfileContactLogbookNote
There's a strong chance I have to work, but if I don't have to, I would be interested! I wouldn't know until early December for sure though :( Weather wise I'd prefer December rather than February!
by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
I vote February -- whoever knows what the weather'll do around here?
Much better chance of us coming in February than December.
We're interested but you know us.. really depends on whats going on pretty much the few days before the event date. Sorry but that's just the way it is.. So December or February either one. But I don't like snow or cold weather!!!!
by dixie darlinProfileContactLogbookNote
that weekend is WREATHES ACROSS AMERICA so we wouldn't be able to attend if you change to different weekend i would love to see you Kathy Dixie Darlin' Taylorsville NC
by BrandyProfileContactLogbookNote
Boyfriend and I are planning a road trip in December that will include a day at Shenandoah. If anyone has any especially helpful tips for this park... I would really appreciate it. Thanks for helping me plan our WOMdering...
by LightninBugProfileContactLogbookNote
The may be some old mainiacs roaming about, so be careful. ;-)
Only one month until Pie Palooza - please come join us for a day of letterboxing, and also, pie.
by IdhunnaProfileContactLogbookNote
Hello! I will be on a family vacation in Virginia Beach next week. We are super excited to visit this lovely state. Are there any can't miss letterboxes in the area? I've got several marked to try for, not sure I can make them all...you have some proli...
by frankie and benjyProfileContactLogbookNote
Casa del Sol's library series is really amazing!
Agree with Frankie and Benjy. The library boxes are a must find. They are awesome. If you need to get off the beach on a rainy day they are a great choice. Enjoy your vacation.
by IdhunnaProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank You! I am going to try to find a little pig, and was thinking Red Wing park. We shall see. I have nonbinding family with me.
It's been all over the news lately, but in case you've missed it: Clarke Co & Frederick Co have this horrifying invasive weed now --
by The Beach PeopleProfileContactLogbookNote
This sounds a lot like the poison hemlock spreading in Franklin County, PA! It’s supposed to look a bit like Queen Anne’s Lace.
by 7rxcProfileContactLogbookNote
It's a problem when the Giant Hogweed isn't... They are not created 7 feet tall... be careful when dealing with plants that are slightly taller than or shorter than a fully developed cow parsnip... they are very similar, might be very closely related....
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
I think I have this growing beside my house, I don't know what to do with it.
What?!?!? Yikes - good thing you're near VT: ... was quoted in the article --
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
... I would call the local environmental conservation department and tell them. Or maybe the EPA.
by AstroBeastProfileContactLogbookNote
I will be in Roanoke, VA next week for a few days on vacation. Can anyone give me suggestions on letterboxes to find or interesting things to do in the area? Good places to eat? Thanks. AstroBeast
Bubble Cakes for awesome cupcakes. Make sure you see the Star at night and the daytime. There’s a few good coffee shops around. I know I’ve gotten letterboxes there, but a lot have retired. Train museum is really nice and the blue ridge parkway is clo...
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
Dixie Caverns is fun and all this hot weather we have been having makes the cool cavern so enjoyable.