A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Virginia

Re: Weather/OT
Board: State: Virginia
Reply to: #920882 by frankie and benjy
Feb 25, 2016 5:38am
Thread
Rottie Lpve hasn't logged in for four months or more so unless someone is on social media with her it may be hard to tell. I know another boxer who is a close friend of hers. Maybe she knows.

We survived here in the beach again. Dodged yet another bullet. Lots of wind and rain. Haven't heard of any serious damage. It's hard to grasp the destruction caused in Waverly.

It's looking like a beautiful day here today, finally. Everybody should take a day off and come to Virginia Beach today.
Reply to: #920882 by frankie and benjy
Feb 25, 2016 7:38am
Thread
Rottie Love says that they are blessed and have no damage. They still do not have power and about one mile up the road trees are an awful mess.
Reply to: #920906 by oceanwinds
Feb 25, 2016 8:14pm
Thread
Thank goodness! Thanks for letting us know!
Reply to: #920900 by BBStacker
Feb 25, 2016 8:18pm
Thread
So glad to hear! We were also very lucky here in Petersburg and Richmond. We had a couple of tornado warnings but they passed us by. I watched all day on radar as storms passed to the west and east of us. So scary! My stepdaughter and her husband in Portsmouth were also fortunate. Thanks for checking in, BB!
Writes of Spring
Apr 25, 2016 8:54am
Thread
Is anybody planning to be in the area Friday afternoon to hunt for some of the area boxes?
Re: Writes of Spring
Reply to: #925177 by RDHG
Apr 25, 2016 1:43pm
Thread
I will be. It's about a four hour drive. I don't expect to be there until one or two.
Apr 25, 2016 4:55pm
Thread
Are you coming to the event? Please do sign up if so; I've got personalized clue books in progress --
Apr 25, 2016 5:02pm
Thread
I could potentially meet up with you.
Night0wl
Apr 26, 2016 6:15am
Thread
I'll be arriving on Friday afternoon. I'm leaving sometime Friday morning for the 3 and a half hour drive up by myself. My usual riders couldn't get the day off work after all and I'm not keen on driving in the dark. I want to see the landscape while driving.
Reply to: #925240 by airstream dreams
Apr 27, 2016 8:31am
Thread
The flowers and trees are beautiful right now! Enjoy your drive.
Going to VA Beach
Jun 17, 2016 4:39pm
Thread
I'll be going to VA Beach for a couple of days next week. Unfortunately, I'm going with Noxers (Hubby and friend). Our friend is paying for our room and most of the eating expenses, so I wont bash him. It's just that he has everything planned out from start to finish. Being a Noxer, Letterboxing is not on the agenda.

So, I'm going to sneak in a bit if I can. I have looked in the search and see many awesome boxes available. I apologize in advance if I get some but not all. It's nothing personal. I may not get any at all :(

Here's hoping for at least 1!
Re: Going to VA Beach
Reply to: #928531 by Book Hoarder
Jun 18, 2016 5:15am
Thread
Have a good trip; hope you get to slip away for a 'box or two - there're so many good ones down there!
Jun 18, 2016 5:38am
Thread
Almost anywhere you go in the beach there is a library branch close by. Slip away for a few minutes to escape the heat and get a letterbox inside. All branches have an "approved" letterbox inside. You won't be disappointed at all.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Reply to: #928550 by BBStacker
Jun 18, 2016 7:57pm
Thread
I second the Library Boxes! I didn't get them all, but the ones I got were awesome finds! Surely you'll pass a library at some point :) Just look at the clues in advance. Some need some extra brain power- worth the effort, but some maybe not the best ones if you only have a couple minutes. :)
Jun 20, 2016 4:44am
Thread
Just got back myself. In addition to the library ones already mentioned, try #240559, I went early in morning. Pretty quick find and shouldn't interfere with 'the schedule'
Hampton Roads Letterboxers
Jul 17, 2016 11:23am
Thread
With Pokémon Go hitting the streets everywhere, I can't help but think letterboxing is a better hobby. I've been out of the scene for a few years.

I'm wondering how many letterboxers are still in the area. Its good to see BBStacker is still active. It looks like we need some new boxes, too. I'll do something about that.
Re: Hampton Roads Letterboxers
Reply to: #931244 by flintoid
Jul 17, 2016 12:33pm
Thread
Its good to see BBStacker is still active.

and getting old and frail. Welcome back!
Chesapeake Bay Stamp
Nov 18, 2016 5:32am
I carved a stamp of the Chesapeake Bay that I'd like to donate to someone to plant in the area. Any interest? Please send me a message! Thanks!
Bali
just passing through
Mar 10, 2017 8:56am
Thread
up I95
just passing through your lovely state...and saying a quick hell
Dixie Darlin'
Re: just passing through
Reply to: #942850 by dixie darlin
Mar 10, 2017 8:57am
Thread
quick hello
duh!
Reply to: #942851 by dixie darlin
Mar 10, 2017 2:15pm
Thread
No hell is correct. That state takes forever to drive through. It's even worse when you're hiking through it. :)

PP
Reply to: #942850 by dixie darlin
Mar 10, 2017 5:52pm
Thread
Hehe Dixie I was wondering what in the world you'd say a quick "Hell" about! Virginia isn't THAT bad right? ;)
Reply to: #942863 by Pink Panther
Mar 11, 2017 4:49am
Thread
I95 isn't so bad - well except for the DC area and the Richmond area. It's when you are going East/West on I64 that seems to take forever. But either way plan on at least five hours in the state.

Hello Dixie Darling and welcome to where we call home.
Reply to: #942881 by BBStacker
Mar 11, 2017 5:05am
Thread
East/West on I64 that seems to take forever.

Or North/South on I81 which is our preferred route from Pennsylvania to Florida because it avoids the DC area. But, oh, that long drive through Virginia makes it seem as though we aren't getting anywhere.
Box in Marion Needs New Box
May 21, 2017 11:27am
If anybody is nearby or will be passing by this box, apparently, the actual box has been destroyed. The finder said that the logbook and stamp are fine but only in a plastic baggie at this point. If you are able to help by replacing the box, please let me know, and thank you!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=199198

Dawnmarie
(D of RDHG)
Happy Cake Day Frankie and Benjie
Jun 15, 2017 10:33am
Thread
And many thanks for the inspiration through the years! Hope all is well in the UK - lots happening there ;)
Re: Happy Cake Day Frankie and Benjie
Reply to: #946941 by Girlguides
Jun 15, 2017 12:55pm
Thread
Happy Cake Day Frankie and Benjie. I have so enjoyed finding your boxes all these years.
Reply to: #946941 by Girlguides
Jun 17, 2017 3:22pm
Thread
We missed it! Thank you very much, although I do believe the inspiration went the other way. ;)
Reply to: #946952 by airstream dreams
Jun 17, 2017 3:23pm
Thread
Thank you! We have loved finding yours - so many great stamps and fun ways of disguising boxes, and so many new places discovered.
Up-coming event
Jul 28, 2017 2:17pm
Hello! It's last minute, but I'm hosting an event in Clifton in September. Come join :D

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3873