Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Virginia

Re: Must get boxes in Norfolk, VA beach area or on the way up?
Board: State: Virginia
Reply to: #966374 by BBStacker
Oct 4, 2018 5:39am
Thread
Hi BBstacker,

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked up a few of them and they sounded very neat. Thank you for the advice about the library hours. I will double-check and make sure they are open before heading out to find the LBs.

I will relay your well wishes to my daughter. She is very excited about the tourney. Thank you for them.

Take care,

ODS and SoccerGirl02
Alderman Library inventory
Dec 3, 2018 5:17pm
Thread
As a UVa alum, an article popped up in my facebook feed about an inventory they're doing at UVa's Alderman Library. I glanced at the lead picture, then peered harder, thinking, "that sure does look like a stamp and logbook." Turns out it was the stamp and logbook from Papers of Thomas Jefferson.

Here's the article: What We Found in Alderman Library. Spoiler alert: the opening picture reveals the stamp image. If you do look at the article, section 2 has a blurb about letterboxing. They sound pretty respectful, so I sure hope they replaced the box!
Re: Alderman Library inventory
Reply to: #969039 by Dawnkey
Dec 3, 2018 5:26pm
Thread
Wow!!! That's pretty cool.
Re: Alderman Library inventory
Reply to: #969039 by Dawnkey
Dec 3, 2018 7:43pm
Thread
Omg I hope they put that back, that is SO amazing and beautiful. I will have to make a trip up there to find that!
Wanted poster
Dec 16, 2018 10:23am
Hello,

Wanted poster :

After a trip to Virginia, a letterbox and an enigma fell out of my pocket.( Box #300871 )

I invite anyone interested to contact me so that within the limits of my means I can help him find the box

Sincerely

Pocahontas 48
New event listed for May
Mar 22, 2019 10:25am
Thread
Calling all Virginia boxers! Come enjoy an event in a scenic part of the state you've probably never boxed in before. It will be an overnight camping event, since the event location is in the abject middle of nowhere. The park has camping and cabins.

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/fairy-stone#general_information

The event is the weekend of May 19th.
Re: New event listed for May
Reply to: #973127 by PiggyJaunt
Mar 22, 2019 11:10am
Thread
Fairy Stone Park !!!! One of my favorite places, Thank you so much for hosting an event here. It's going to be awesome!!!!