Thread
I couldn't agree more!

Silver Eagle
Re: New Event Posted
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #983286 by photopam
Feb 20, 2020 1:43pm
Thread
I'll take a box of shortbread cookies if it's not too late.
Re: New Event Posted
Reply to: #983682 by Open Space
Feb 20, 2020 6:51pm
Thread
I'll take a box of shortbread cookies if it's not too late.

We have one box left. Marking it as yours.
Thanks!
Did You Lose Your Glasses at Color Explosion?
Feb 25, 2020 5:06pm
Thread
We found a pair of pink glasses with black and yellow accents at last weekend's Color Explosion event in Franklin, Texas. They were lying on the ground on the wooded trails at the back of the park.

Let me know if they are yours!
Re: Did You Lose Your Glasses at Color Explosion?
Reply to: #983864 by Origami Hen
Feb 25, 2020 7:53pm
Thread
I commonly lose a pair of reading glasses on the trails when I bend over to return a box. For Christmas my husband gave me 12 pair of various colors. He thinks he’s funny. So, they sound like mine, they might be mine but they might not be mine.
Reply to: #983864 by Origami Hen
Feb 25, 2020 10:07pm
Thread
I feel confident in asserting that they are not mine.
Reply to: #983870 by BinoBoxer
Feb 26, 2020 6:13am
Thread
Hahaha - well, given there is a chance they *might* be yours, I will bring them to TALE, and you can decide. No one else has claimed them yet, and if no one does by this weekend, I think you should just take them (assuming the specifications work for you) and put them to good use!
Reply to: #983883 by Origami Hen
Mar 1, 2020 12:48pm
Thread
Well, they were mine and I didn’t even know they were lost. This pink pair matched the blue ones I had on perfectly. So, if you lost your glasses at Color Explosion, they are still lost. Thanks, Origami Hen, for taking care of me.
Another Great TALE...
Mar 1, 2020 3:52pm
Thread
Another Texas Annual Letterboxing Event (TALE) has come and gone - and what a great weekend it was. LCRA Lake Bastrop South Shore was a fantastic setting, the trails were dry, the weather was cool and sunny, the company was great, the bingo was rigged by Grizzled Gryphon (as usual), the potluck was yummy (especially the chicken and rice stew thing - who made that?) and the boxes were fantastic. It was a memorable weekend, and as I head back to the office on Monday, I will continue to sport inky fingers and numerous scratches from bushwacking the fifty or so feet through brush and thorny brambles to short cut from Gideon Loop to Loblolly Loop. But it was all worth it. What's a few puncture wounds when you can save over a mile worth of hiking so that you have more time to get more boxes? Special mention goes to the enigmatic "Electric Mayhem" and his/her Darwin Awards series. Who is this mysterious new boxer on the scene?

Thank you, Baby Bear and Silver Eagle, for continuing this long-standing Texas letterboxing tradition. Already looking forward to next year!

Origami Hen
Re: Another Great TALE...
Reply to: #984000 by Origami Hen
Mar 1, 2020 7:21pm
Thread
No relevant comment but I LOVE your signature stamp. That little red hat is just the best!!
Mar 1, 2020 7:58pm
Thread
I, too, had a funtastic time at our annual event. It is always great to see old friends and make new ones. I'm already looking forward to the "next time!" Thanks to all the carver and planters and to everyone bringing such yummy food. Thanks, always to Silver Eagle and Baby Bear for setting this up and making it happen.

Mosaic Butterfly
Mar 2, 2020 7:53am
Thread
I'm glad y'all had a good time and really glad the weather cooperated. Even though we had fewer people attend this year, there were several newcomers to TALE and I hope they continue to come. We also had a mystery boxer place a series for the event, and I hope they decide to join us, too. I have posted a few pictures on AQ, so feel free to post any that you have, too. Thanks to everyone for coming and making it fun, and special thanks to Mosaic Butterfly for organizing the pre-TALE BBQ event and night boxing.

Silver Eagle

P.S. We might introduce a surveillance camera next year to see how GG keeps winning Bingo!
Mar 2, 2020 9:13am
Thread
It was another great TALE! I loved the location , and the weather was perfect! It was so nice to to see everyone, even though there were several missing. If you were not there,we missed you! Looking forward to TALE 18!

Blue Butterfly
Reply to: #984015 by Silver Eagle
Mar 2, 2020 2:36pm
Thread
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Mar 2, 2020 7:30pm
Thread
Baby Bear brought the chicken mushroom rice stew and promised to share details. He said it’s a package mix where you just add chicken and a can of soup... please let us know the name!
Time Capsules 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Still Want 'Em?
Mar 2, 2020 8:37pm
Hi Texas Boxers!

Several weeks ago, Jiffy very kindly mailed three event boxes to me (all the way from Maine) so that they could be available at two back-to-back weekend boxing events that were held in Central Texas in late Feb - the Color Explosion event in Franklin, TX, and TALE 17 in Bastrop, TX. Hopefully, you were able to attend one or both of these events so you could get these amazing stamps, but you couldn't (or if you did but didn't have time to get them all) I have an offer for you!

FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2020, if you are in the Austin area, or will be passing through the Austin area, and you would like to get these amazing stamps (around 150 in total), send me an AQ mail, and if we can arrange it, I will make these boxes available to you. There are around 150 stamps in total, so plan on at least a couple of hours to stamp them all!

To reiterate - this offer is only good in March 2020, as I want to make sure to get the boxes back to Jiffy promptly.

Austin has a ton of great boxes, so if you have been thinking about making a trip out this way to box, consider this a little bit of extra incentive to make the trip soon! And an extra bonus, you may get to see the famous Central Texas wildflower blooming season - if you've never seen it, it's a real bucket list event!

Origami Hen
Reply to: #984024 by Open Space
Mar 3, 2020 7:53am
Thread
Thanks to everyone for coming and making for a fun weekend!!! The soup was by What's Cookin' - Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Soup. It is a pre-packaged mix I bought at Leftovers antiques just on edge of Brenham off Hwy 290. You can also order from them via their website; whatscookineasymeals.com
Only need to add chicken, butter and water (I did 1/2 water and 1/2 chicken broth).

Look forward to seeing all of you soon!!!!
Reply to: #984029 by Baby Bear
Mar 3, 2020 3:41pm
Thread
To all my fellow letterboxing friends from Texas..Coming from Pa to Tale is quite a treat. I want to say a big thank you to Silver Eagle and Baby Bear for the wonderful event..Again such a great time and I loved the white chicken dish and salad..yummy. but all was good. Thank you for your hospitality.
Mar 3, 2020 6:39pm
Thread
I agree it was another GREAT EVENT! Artistic Heart, Aries and I had a great time at Tale this year as well! Tale has become our annual not to be missed Mother/Daughter Trip and this was our 10th Tale Event! We enjoyed the time seeing old friends and catching up and meeting new. We hiked into late Sunday afternoon hunting and we didn't leave until after 5.

As for our new sidekick Aries. She did great on the trails for her first time letterboxing with only a few run-ins with dogs off leash but all in all we had no issues. She hiked 4.25 miles on Saturday and almost 6 on Sunday. She was quite watchful while AH was retrieving and is a very good muggle watcher!!:)

Thank you Baby Bear and Silver Eagle for your dedication to letterboxing and this Texas tradition and all the years of quality time spent with my girl!

Sidenotes:

If you would like to follower Dixie’s Art she posts on Instagram Forever_Artistic_Heart

If you got Aries stamp you can log it - ARIES_APBT_TX - which is also her Instagram Account name.

My Big Tex box has be added to AQ.

Looking forward to next year!
TALE 18
Mar 9, 2020 6:13pm
Thread
I just posted the TALE 18 event on AQ if you want to sign up:

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4302

Since we had fewer people this year I decided to have it at a park farther north that I have avoided in the past because the Group Hall can only handle 50 people. Meridian SP is a beautiful park with good trails, so I think it will be a good venue. Also, it will be a little closer for the Dallas area boxers for a change (there are more of you than I realized based on who I met this year). I know it is a long way off, but just wanted everyone to get it on their calendar early. Hope to see y'all then, if not sooner.

Silver Eagle
NC vs. TX?
Mar 10, 2020 4:55am
Thread
Hey, Texas! This NC boxer is wondering how you all did for planting in February. Is North Carolina still in the lead, or did Texas get out there and blow right past us?

If the answer to this was already posted, I totally missed it.
Re: TALE 18
Reply to: #984204 by Silver Eagle
Mar 10, 2020 5:29am
Thread
We enjoy that park. Hoping we can make it next year.
Re: NC vs. TX?
Reply to: #984212 by RDHG
Mar 10, 2020 5:53am
Thread
I'm just calculating all the numbers. 2 people have their plants hidden so I'm waiting for their adjustments.
Reply to: #984218 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Mar 10, 2020 6:11am
Thread
Aaaah. Thank you for working on that. You and SudokuCrazy have added some extra fun for us this season. 😊
Reply to: #984220 by RDHG
Mar 10, 2020 7:01am
Thread
You and SudokuCrazy have added some extra fun for us this season.

Ditto on that. It also has helped me improve as a Carver because I’m doing more of it. Thanks Fantastic Mrs Fox and SudokuCrazy.
Re: TALE 18
Reply to: #984204 by Silver Eagle
Mar 10, 2020 6:24pm
Thread
Okay Dallas Boxers, we are coming your way!!!! Hope to see y'all there, and some of the original Dallas crew.
Logbook Workshop?
Mar 11, 2020 6:23am
Thread
Hi Local Texans!
Anyone in the DFW area want to get together to make logbooks, or carve, do letterboxing crafty things sometime soon?

I have a bunch of stamps to plant, but am uninspired in making logbooks. I was thinking it might be more fun with friends.

You can PM me if you’d like.

Thanks!
Re: Logbook Workshop?
Reply to: #984260 by photopam
Mar 11, 2020 6:38am
Thread
I’m not in Dallas but I would be interested. It sounds like a great cold winter or hot summer or rainy day activity. Or any day of the week. 🤠
Reply to: #984260 by photopam
Mar 12, 2020 7:21pm
Thread
Also interested but log books are not my strong suit. Takes me forever to create one. Wouldn't mind learning from someone who enjoys doing it.
Reply to: #984303 by Puddledunk
Mar 13, 2020 5:35am
Thread
Also interested but log books are not my strong suit. Takes me forever to create one. Wouldn't mind learning from someone who enjoys doing it.

Maybe we can inspire each other if nothin else...
🙂