A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Tennessee

Re: Gatlinburg Mini_Meet IV
Board: State: Tennessee
Reply to: #596880 by thewoodwhittler
Apr 3, 2011 4:45pm
Thread
We all were glad you were able to make it to the event. We all appreciate all the great carving you do. Hope this year ends a little better for you and your family. Enjoy the gift bag!
Re: Gatlinburg IV
Reply to: #596848 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 3, 2011 5:36pm
Thread
you know, a Letter in a Box?"

not sure if I do know, but I did find some awesome postcards in a "box". Oh wait! that's in a different state.
Re: Gatlinburg Mini Meet
Reply to: #596832 by Hale s Angel
Apr 3, 2011 6:01pm
Thread
Sounds like another GREAT event for everyone!!Nothing being said about a snake from Ohio--did it not make the trip this year??Hope everyone got home before a gas hike???It jumped to $3.79 up 20 cents here in central Ohio on a Sunday nite???What idiot is in his office ordering gas hikes on a Sunday??I'm calling for a lynchin' party!!!
Reply to: #596952 by R gang
Apr 3, 2011 6:03pm
Thread
Oh yes, a big black snake found it's way... hehe. I would have been more grossed out by a large cockroach!
Reply to: #596954 by Sarcasmo
Apr 3, 2011 6:16pm
Thread
still made me jump.
Reply to: #596959 by Baqash
Apr 3, 2011 7:19pm
Thread
Nice challenging touch to finding a letterbox, yikes!!
Reply to: #596952 by R gang
Apr 3, 2011 8:08pm
Thread
Here in the south end of Col's, the gas has been at least 10 cents higher than other parts of city. It was 3.65 on Wed and it was 3.39 in TN. I wonder when the price will stop going up.
Reply to: #596975 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 2:52am
Thread
Glad you enjoyed meeting "My Friend" and you can log him in under that name in my log book. I have not redone the clues to show him in TN. He enjoyed meeting you all too.

I repositioned the Pride of TN yesterday but have not gotten the new clues in yet. They are half done on my word processor but it will be a day or more before on line. I did manage to get my photos on the event page but I had a big snafoo when I forgot to have the waitress take a picture of our group at the Smoky Mountain Brewery. My Bad....cause it was a good looking group.

Thanks Again Hales Angels
Gas Prices... dang!
Apr 4, 2011 6:38am
Thread
Okay LBers... lets ban together to warn each other when the gasoline is going to spike. Surely there is a city that gets the high gas price first. Then the boxers in that city can send a flare letting us know the price hike wave is coming. Here's a link to some data on Knoxville gas prices.
Re: Gas Prices... dang!
Reply to: #597023 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 6:54am
Thread
Pretty soon us letterboxers are going to have to set up a board on AQ to talk about car pooling together to specific places for letterboxing. There's one in Cleveland, TN (43) that sounds interesting. Definitely will get you're gas money worth. Hmmm, need to start planting more in series style, now that's a thought.
Reply to: #597031 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 6:57am
Thread
pretty precious...43...heehee worth the fuel and 3rd degree by my hubby...although he already knows it's my priority
Reply to: #597032 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 7:00am
Thread
Hey, can you guys send me some gas? At best here in the San Francisco Bay Area it is $3.99, at worst, $4.30. Avg is someone around $4.10!
Reply to: #596998 by Safari Man
Apr 4, 2011 7:00am
Thread
Thanks Safari Man for the pic of me and my cool backpack. It was nice meeting you and your "Friend". Now that I know where the park is located, I'll definitely want to find the Pride of TN LB.
Reply to: #596977 by primitive cin
Apr 4, 2011 7:02am
Thread
I wonder when the price will stop going up.

Well, gas is currently over $4 in CA. $3.89 for car diesel :( Glad I can get 450-500 miles per fill-up in my diesel Jetta BUT DERN and CRUD that's a lot of cash to drop in a fuel tank. Unfortunately this may affect how often I box and how far from home I roam. It will definately show up in higher retail prices. Why can't the Middle East just patch things up and carry on with oil production.
Reply to: #597032 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 7:07am
Thread
Hey Sarsasmo, Too bad we're not from the same parts we could do a lot of damage together. Cleveland is pretty close to your end of TN. Are you getting any ideas on going to visit there soon? How's bout it Rowys? Gas might go up again, we got to go before we HAVE to stay home.
Reply to: #597033 by Yosemite MJD
Apr 4, 2011 7:16am
Thread
At best here in the San Francisco Bay Area it is $3.99, at worst, $4.30. Avg is someone around $4.10!

Ouch, I guess we're pretty lucky still in TN.
Reply to: #597035 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 8:09am
Thread
I say we forget the Middle East and work on solar cars. Not corn fuel, not windmills, not nuclear... just plain 'ol solar cells, and the whole top surface of our cars can be covered in them. And there would be enough battery power to go a week without sun... incase you live in the Yukon.
Reply to: #597038 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 8:12am
Thread
Let's go camping in Cleveland... with an objective to plant boxes near the camp site. Not the forest ranger territories, I'm talkin near the park. Maybe we could get some more boxers to come along?
Reply to: #597055 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 8:43am
Thread
Sure count me in, I loooove to plant. I got a couple just waiting to be plotted.
Reply to: #597058 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 9:05am
Thread
Count me in. Where's, whens. I'm GOING boxing this week. Hopefully by Friday. I want to avoid this weekend for muggles. I want those 43! You guys are no where near me but I could meet you there. You guys could carpool to Cleveland. I have to drive OVER to it.
Reply to: #597066 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 9:55am
Thread
Yeah, I've got to get ready for a cosignment sale Thrusday and Friday. The weekend will must likely consist of PLANTING a few boxes around Maryville! :P
Re: Unfortunate Rumors: crosspost
Reply to: #587527 by mstrwndl
Apr 4, 2011 10:11am
Thread
My dear mstrwndl, I am so glad my daughter has taken me away from the boards for a while, so I didn't have to be subjected to lies about such a dear inspiration! I'm with the others- I wouldn't have believed it anyway- you are still the bomb!

Love ya!
Reply to: #597081 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 11:00am
Thread
I must plan a Maryville trip. I'll have to look at my fuel cash and my weekends. It looks like May.
Reply to: #597023 by Rowdy Rodeo Roosters
Apr 4, 2011 11:33am
Thread
There is an app on my cell phone Gas Buddy that keeps me buying cheap so far. Sandy
Reply to: #597043 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 11:39am
Thread
My brother lives on Cujo Key, FL. When he called yesterday it was $4.02 there.
Reply to: #597066 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 11:49am
Thread
Let's go for all of it on Thursday, Sarcasmo. The weather is suppose to be nice. Never been to Cleveland so I'll better get the GPS out just in case since it's looking like I may have to go solo. Rowdy, I guess I can swing by the Mall on the way somehow for your little friends. If you change your mind I can have you back at least by 4. Just think (43) LBes...
Reply to: #597108 by Sarcasmo
Apr 4, 2011 12:06pm
Thread
Hey Sarcasmo, can you be in Maryville on May 7th?
Reply to: #597126 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 12:12pm
Thread
I'd love to get the 43, but i've got prior commitments all the way up May (Friday) 13th!
Reply to: #597126 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 2:35pm
Thread
Okay. I can do Thursday! Yipppee! I want to get an early start though. Like 10 am. It's just 2 miles but last time I did 2-3 miles and found 32 boxes it took 4 1/2 hours. State Coins in Peoria, all along a couple major trails. I could be wrong...prob longer distance. I ran out of water and got seperated from my bro cuz I kept finding boxes and he was OVER it. he is Spiderh8r.
Reply to: #597034 by scouttrekkie
Apr 4, 2011 3:19pm
Thread
The pride series has been relocated to an area S.W. of Pigeon Forge. All drive bys. I will try and get the clues posted in the next few days. (Mills park gets to much action for my boxes to last very long....not that they last very long in some more secure areas actually). Your welcome on the pic. If I could have figured out a smart alec remark about you I would have captioned it that way. But you seem pretty clean and beyond belittling comments. Now a few others are not in that catagory and I pounce when I get a chance. ;O) I also pounce when I like folks.