About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: South Carolina

Box in Myrtle Beach, SC?
Board: State: South Carolina
Aug 2, 2017 6:45am
Thread
Does anyone know this boxer or anything about this box?

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?boxId=235779

It appears that they were only active for a short time under that account and the box has never been found. It could be out there under a tree somewhere after all this time.

GreyCrazy
Re: Box in Myrtle Beach, SC?
Reply to: #949449 by GreyCrazy
Aug 2, 2017 9:52am
Thread
We found the other 2 boxes in that cemetery but could not figure out this box?!!! It would take forever to check out possible spots in even a cemetery that small size??
Reply to: #949454 by R gang
Aug 2, 2017 10:32am
Thread
OH I see...was this a clue that came from the other boxes? It's not listed as a bonus box, I didn't think of that.

GreyCrazy
Reply to: #949449 by GreyCrazy
Aug 2, 2017 3:00pm
Thread
I've wondered about this one for some time. Put a watch on it in the hopes that something would change. Thought maybe they just forgot to post clue. I see someone logged on from the account last year.
Reply to: #949455 by GreyCrazy
Aug 7, 2017 10:18am
Thread
Maybe it was a bonus box. I can't see a clue. I just see that the box has restrictions. Can you see a clue listed on the page? I suppose they could have set restrictions high enough that I can't see it.

Knit Wit
Reply to: #949455 by GreyCrazy
Aug 7, 2017 3:25pm
Thread
No bonus clues in the other 2 boxes. Don't even think they owned either box we found?
total eclipse of the sun
Aug 11, 2017 8:49am
Thread
Well, I gotta ask...any of you boxes in line of totality going to plant occasion boxes for the eclipse? I'm heading to Santee, SC and was hoping to do some boxing in the park while I wait for the traffic to move or the sun to get blocked, but there are NO boxes listed for miles and miles. I found the box Middle of Nowhere, but it might not be the best day to stop on the side of the road for some quick boxing.
Any locals planing to plant?
Re: total eclipse of the sun
Reply to: #949856 by DevilinDog
Aug 11, 2017 10:21am
Thread
You could plant a night boxing series!

;)
Aug 11, 2017 10:54am
Thread
Sounds like a good time to do some planting of your own. 😉
Reply to: #949858 by Janila
Aug 11, 2017 11:29am
Thread
to clarify, I am going to SC from CT. I already plan to plant a box in my area. To plant a letterbox so far away would be like littering since I'd never be around to maintain it.

I was hoping some locals were thinking of highlighting the event with a planting.
Aug 12, 2017 6:58am
Thread
I picked to go to Greenville SC for the eclipse bc of the boxes. I plan to leave at least one box somewhere! ;-)
Reply to: #949885 by Munkeybee
Aug 13, 2017 5:02am
Thread
The totality center line is a bit West of Greenville. Clemson, Central, Westminster
Reply to: #949946 by figureeight
Aug 13, 2017 5:38am
Thread
Right over my house which is south of West Union by 3.5 miles.
Reply to: #949946 by figureeight
Aug 13, 2017 5:41am
Thread
That's ok. I'll still be in totality, with lots of friends, and with lots of letterboxes to find! :)
i found a stamp in SC
Aug 24, 2017 12:47pm
I found a stamp in SC at Paris Mt state Park. I tried to post a picture of it, but that didn't work out well.
The stamp image looks like the Letter S with 4 lines going through it. Like what the dollar sign $ looks like but with 4 lines instead of 2.

if that made sense and you think it is your stamp let me know and I'll send it to you.
New Boxes
Dec 30, 2017 5:52pm
Thread
I planted a series of 10 boxes today at Paris Mountain. They will only be there until sometime in February. This is my first series, but I do think it's a good one! If you have a chance, please consider looking for them. The clues are pretty straight forward so it shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours. I'd love some positive criticism on them. Thanks and enjoy!
Re: New Boxes
Reply to: #954964 by Mountain Acres
Dec 31, 2017 4:46am
Thread
I’ll try to check them out!
Adopt my box in Charleston?
Jan 28, 2018 5:29pm
Hi, In May, we visited Charleston and I planted a LB there, Palmetto Carriage Works. It's been very popular, being found about 25 times over the summer. The problem is, I'm getting reports that it's in need of maintenance, someone has moved it to a nearby spot, etc. and I live in North Carolina. Is anyone who lives relatively close willing to help do some rehab on this box for me? I'd appreciate it!

Evelyn of the BEJays
Charlotte, NC
Paris Mountain Boxes
Jan 30, 2018 5:18pm
Thread
I should be picking up the Camping Necessities series (10) that is at Paris Mountain next week so get them while you can!
Re: Paris Mountain Boxes
Reply to: #956274 by Mountain Acres
Apr 25, 2018 5:33am
Thread
So sad I missed this series....
Reply to: #959481 by 5 IS ALIVE
Apr 25, 2018 8:45am
Thread
If you ever get to Idaho, she plans on planting them there.
Reply to: #959481 by 5 IS ALIVE
Apr 26, 2018 7:38am
Thread
So sad I missed this series....

I'm sad you missed it, too! They'll be replanted in Idaho soon so head this way when you get a chance. Hopefully they'll be hidden here for a few years.
Event idea for SC
Jun 10, 2018 10:48am
Thread
ZoeMomma and I have an idea. What if we planned a Reunite-Rejuvenate event? We miss all of you, and we miss hanging around at gatherings visiting. But it’s hot, and we don’t really have time to plan a full-on gathering with lots of planted boxes.

Instead we’re thinking about a reunion gathering where we can visit and enjoy our friends. Everyone brings one box—. Anything that has been sitting around for awhile. A box, a retired postal, a lost hitchhiker, anything that needs a new life. Then everyone chooses or randomly draws one to take home and do something with. We all get the stamps, the chance to visit, and some artwork gets a new start.

This would involve air conditioning. :-)

Would anyone be interested in joining in something like that?
Re: Event idea for SC
Reply to: #961050 by GreyCrazy
Jun 10, 2018 6:47pm
Thread
You should also post this on the Letterboxing SC facebook page. I'm sure more people would see it and you'd probably get a better response. I'd be interested in something like that.
Jun 11, 2018 4:13am
Thread
This is awesome! I would be interested-and if you need any help plotting/planning a few clues/carving a stamp for those who don't have anything, let me know.

Yuke-who has been trying to come up with a gathering idea for a while.
Reply to: #961101 by Yuke
Jun 11, 2018 5:04am
Thread
Yuke you’re definitely one of the people I miss and want to see! Are those wonderful dogs still lounging around anywhere? Off so I have a wonderful idea for them.....

Greycrazy
Reply to: #961088 by THE RED CYCLONE
Jun 11, 2018 5:05am
Thread
Hey Red! Would love to see you! I’ll post on a Facebook but wanted to see if we had any interest first from folks here.

Greycrazy
Jun 11, 2018 4:04pm
Thread
great idea
Jun 13, 2018 1:14pm
Thread
It might even pull me out of the shadows. :-)

Knit Wit
Reply to: #961247 by knit wit
Jun 13, 2018 2:30pm
Thread
I am pretty sure I won't make it.