Search Edit

Read Board: State: South Carolina

Re: Charleston
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #809984 by scouttrekkie
Oct 12, 2013 1:47pm
Thread
YOU, you goofus!! LOL!

and there was a suspicious elf on a thimble as copilot. i believe a rooster joined us the next day. . .

~tigs
Re: Charleston
Reply to: #810019 by tiggermama
Oct 12, 2013 5:08pm
Thread
LOL, that was so much fun, animal shelter/cop, cemeteries, mental hospital... oh yes fun trouble!
Re: Thoughts for ERVetChick
Reply to: #809088 by GreyCrazy
Oct 13, 2013 10:23am
Thread
Praying for your family!!! So sorry you all are going through this!
Reply to: #810113 by TheBoogies
Oct 26, 2013 5:36am
Thread
Paula did well in surgery and will likely go home this morning. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! I have no doubt they helped. :-)

GreyCrazy
Reply to: #812455 by GreyCrazy
Oct 26, 2013 11:27am
Thread
Wishing her a speedy recovery, and best of luck for many tomorrows! Prayers.
Jan
Reply to: #812455 by GreyCrazy
Oct 27, 2013 3:21am
Thread
Thank you for the [positive] update. <3
Reply to: #809088 by GreyCrazy
Oct 27, 2013 3:11pm
Thread
Praying for you and your entire family. Praying for strength so you can endure theses difficult times. Hope to meet you next year at the Paris Mountain event. Had a great time and sorry you missed it.
HH found at Robinson Memorial Gardens on 11-30-13
Dec 1, 2013 4:56am
Thread
We found our first HH at Robinson Memorial Gardens, hidden with Arf...B.C. but the name of the carve seems to be in question and the logbook was a "replacement" book placed by Ladyhawke. The carve seems to be of a tree frog, simple silhouette. Anyone know anything more definitive about this stamp? Thanks for the help....sherercrew
Re: HH found at Robinson Memorial Gardens on 11-30-13
Reply to: #818001 by sherercrew
Dec 1, 2013 4:44pm
Thread
I'm the one who replaced the logbook, because the first one was completely full. I also put it in a better pouch, covered in duct tape. I did this because I like hh's and I never got direction from the planter.

The answers you've been given already are basically the only ones you're probably going to get. I never found it listed anywhere. I copied the exact information off the old logbook onto the new one. I didnr find it listed on AQ or LbNA. I ( along with the other two people who have already responded) suggest you list on Hat Day as an unlisted find - or don't.

~tigs (sometimes it's just fun to have one)
Non-event at Fort Mill
Dec 5, 2013 6:23am
Thread
I'm trying to decide if I should trust the national weather report that says we have a "window of opportunity" to get some boxing in on Friday. I know I'll be driving from Roswell, GA to Fort Mill, SC in the rain, but wonder if the local weather shows cloudy with some sun for tomorrow? Does anyone from the area have the same report?

GA Candy Girl (who melts into a sticky mess in the rain)
Re: Non-event at Fort Mill
Reply to: #818701 by GA Candy Girl
Dec 6, 2013 3:23am
Thread
12/06/2013 I just watched the local weather for Greenville. They are calling for scattered thunder storms. The temp at 6:00 is 61° with strong winds from the South. Looks like you will have a good day.
We're back!
Dec 18, 2013 5:29am
Thread
Hello everyone! After a year away, I logged onto AQ, and realized that a year had gone by and it was a little overwhelming. It has, to put it mildly, been a very rough twelve months. Dealing with the loss of my brother, Moose and I both losing our jobs, and some serious (and ongoing) issues with Kat, I can't even begin to elaborate. We are far from being "out of the woods" but are hopeful. Moose was offered a job this week, and I have an interview today. Kat's issues are still very stressful but all we can do is be there for her.
I was in the final stages of hosting a ltc swap, and still have addresses and ltc's, will try to get them together when we get everything unpacked (did I mention we also had to move throughout all this) I hope we can spend some quality family time boxing over Christmas break.
I have to admit there's still a lot of days that things are terribly overwhelming. I find myself just sitting down and breaking down. Trying to put our lives back on a more even keel, please pray for us. I've missed you all, hope you all have a merry Christmas!
Re: We're back!
Reply to: #820352 by The Borgas
Dec 18, 2013 6:55am
Thread
Thank you for sharing. We have been thinking about you. Keep in touch.
Dec 18, 2013 8:09am
Thread
it's just good to hear from you. May you be blessed with love and peace and all good things. i hope the interview goes well. May Kat's issues improve and i hope that family time boxing is a great joy.

The peace of the Creator of the Season be with you,

~tigs
Dec 18, 2013 11:11am
Thread
So glad to hear from you!

We will be praying for you through all of this.

Merry CHRISTmas!

td
Dec 19, 2013 10:43am
Thread
welcome back! lots of prayers and warm wishes your way! good luck with the job interviews!!
Dec 20, 2013 11:36am
Thread
Good to see you back, and hopeful on the job situation! One day at a time, and sooner or later things will get back to a more even keel! Saying a prayer and crossing fingers! :)
Jan
Seasons Greetings!
Dec 31, 2013 2:25pm
Thread
I was surprised to see that there were no Christmas greetings on this board...and meant to do some myself, but didn't. :( SO Happy New Year to everyone! May your troubles be less than last year, and your joy and accomplishments more! And let's don't forget boxing, I sure want to do more than I did last year. Love to all!
Jan
Re: Seasons Greetings!
Reply to: #822375 by Kya and Karver Redfern
Jan 1, 2014 5:28pm
Thread
It gets harder & harder to find the time to go letterboxing these days. Life just keeps getting in the way.
May everyone have an awesome new year.
Palmetto Trail & Sunset boxes
Jan 1, 2014 7:17pm
Thread
4 of the J walkers checked on and did maintenance of a bunch of their boxes today.
Space Series: The Sun is still kicking.
Animal Track: Opossum needed new bags and logbook.
Wesley Meadows got a clue change.
Table Rock Wesleyan Camp got new bags and a logbook.
Animal Tracks: Deer , As the Deer and Come To The Table are good!
Mission Trip: Haiti was replanted.
The Musical Brother is missing.
Retired Table Rock Event Stamps: 2007 & 2008 and Mission Trip: Mexico have been planted.
By the way, J Walkers had never planted in January until today!

td
Re: Palmetto Trail & Sunset boxes
Reply to: #822658 by J Walkers
Jan 1, 2014 9:33pm
Thread
By the way, J Walkers had never planted in January until today!

Really? Wow. And you've planted a lot! I had to check my stats. Yep, I've planted in every month of the year. :) Any other months you are missing?
Reply to: #822688 by The Wolf Family
Jan 2, 2014 8:03am
Thread
The next lowest is November with 8.

td
Jan 2, 2014 5:34pm
Thread
How fun! This girl is needing to get out so......if you want a tag a long next time!!!!
Jan 15, 2014 5:47am
Thread
Awesome Dwight, thank you for the awesome box maintenance! It means alot when we head out.

I haven't done a lot of hiking this past year-- seems like things keep getting in the way-- but I'm back and really looking forward to seeing some boxes. I've made myself a Life List of things I want to accomplish this year, and at least two of them are longer hikes. Dwight I hope to see you guys out there! :-)

Grey
Maintenance and Planting
Jan 26, 2014 2:36pm
Triviadaddy & Lightning Bolt 00 had to go to Roper Mountain on Saturday for a Boy Scout class. While there they checked on Space Series:Mars and found someone's colored pencil beside the box and discovered that the tree that Space Series: Asteroid Belt was behind had fallen and was lying beside it. So this box has been replanted down the trail.

Today Flour Girl and Triviadaddy went to Oconee State Park and planted the Pictureka! series on the Chestnut Trail.

Hope to get more planted there.
***** SNOW*****
Jan 28, 2014 6:00pm
Yah for the snow.....got about 1/2 of an inch!!!! But it is cold!
Baby Boogs
Feb 2, 2014 2:37pm
Thread
Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to share some exciting news with yall! We are expecting another Baby Boogs due in September!!! We are so excited to be adding to our letterboxing family!!!

The Boogies
Re: Baby Boogs
Reply to: #828950 by TheBoogies
Feb 2, 2014 2:45pm
Thread
Great news. This is exciting.
Re: Baby Boogs
Reply to: #828950 by TheBoogies
Feb 2, 2014 3:39pm
Thread