A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Rhode Island

Traps on Newport trails
Board: State: Rhode Island
Jun 12, 2019 5:41pm
Thread
Press release today -

‘Newport Police want to inform visitors to Miantonomi Memorial Park using the hiking trails the following message;
An incident regarding the placement of string and wire type materials across several hiking trails has been discovered. These items were promptly removed.
This act could present a hazard to those unsuspecting hikers and walkers using the trails in the park. Newport Police urges anyone with information on this incident or the discovery of new such hazards to contact the police department at the non-emergency numbers of 847-1306’

I dunno who is doing this and where it may happen again, so box seekers in R.I., use extra caution.

Warrior Woman
as if black bears and bobcats weren’t enough trouble around here
Re: Traps on Newport trails
Reply to: #976291 by Warrior Woman
Jun 12, 2019 6:32pm
Thread
Not again. Didn’t this happen like 2 years ago, but I’ve forgotten where? It was someone trying to stop dirt bike riders, but in the worst way possible :(
Reply to: #976292 by Honeychyck
Jun 12, 2019 6:57pm
Thread
Newport has some bad mojo going on, including the deliberate poisoning of trees

Warrior Woman
safely on the other side of both bridges
Reply to: #976292 by Honeychyck
Jun 13, 2019 2:04pm
Thread
I think that was Oregon? So sad.
RI Red Rooster retired
Jun 20, 2019 7:23am
Regarding the R.I. Red Rooster box in Woonsocket -

Since adopting this box a year ago, I have discovered that this is a private cemetery that is closely monitored. Every finder including myself have been approached by one of the cemetery trustees. I am retiring this box out of respect.

Warrior Woman
doesn’t like to piss people off