A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Pennsylvania

Re: Gettysburg ?s
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #971859 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 1:59pm
Thread
It does have a cabin, Paymasters, and there is a hostel there too. There might be cabins nearby to rent too.

Have fun whatever you end up! Gettysburg is awesome too.
Atlas Obscura
Mar 2, 2019 6:54pm
Thread
Are y’all planning on attending Atlas Obscura: The Second over in Doylestown in May? I’m fairly new to letterboxing and I live in Jersey, so AO2 is the closest event I can get to soon. I’m excited for my first event!
Re: Atlas Obscura
Reply to: #972291 by mrprez180
Mar 3, 2019 2:18pm
Thread
I'm in VA, but I'm going to chime in anyway. I know all the people who do those AO events and they totally rock. You are about to meet some of the nicest boxers you will ever come across and some pretty rad carves as well. I'm jealous that you get to go. Have a blast for me :)
Mar 3, 2019 5:12pm
Thread
The Atlas Obscura events are always fun. I missed the last one but I’m hoping to get up there for this one.
Reply to: #972314 by Sheba
Mar 4, 2019 1:49pm
Thread
Wow! We are excited that our Atlas Obscura event will be your first. I love our AO events, great friends and fun boxes! Make sure you check out other great boxes in the Doylestown area and be ready there will be some special Easter boxes available during the event :) look for details soon!!
Mar 5, 2019 10:13am
Thread
We have been to several of them and they are wonderful events!
Reply to: #972312 by PiggyJaunt
Mar 5, 2019 2:00pm
Thread
Thanks. Not really sure what to expect?
Reply to: #972406 by mrprez180
Mar 5, 2019 2:41pm
Thread
Not really sure what to expect?

For this particular event, you can expect to gather at Panera and meet all of the rest of the attendees. You can choose to dine or not to dine. Then Lotus gives us the clues for 3 or 4 boxes located in a park near Panera. We go looking for the boxes and can either return to Panera for socializing or head out to search for other permanent boxes or Lotus mentioned the possibility of other temporary boxes that may be available. This is an excellent event for your 1st one as it is very laid back and there is no rush or pressure to grab a lot of boxes.
Reply to: #972409 by Janila
Mar 5, 2019 7:52pm
Thread
Awesome! Thanks