A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Pennsylvania

Re: Gettysburg ?s
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #971858 by Lowland Lass
Feb 21, 2019 6:09am
Thread
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

I think I looked at this one last night right before hubby decided he doesn't want to take the trailer that far....

I'd like to visit Eisenhower HS, but hubby probably won't. Maybe I can leave him to roam the battlefield, and I'll go with the kids. ;)

Thanks!
Re: Gettysburg ?s
Reply to: #971859 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 1:59pm
Thread
It does have a cabin, Paymasters, and there is a hostel there too. There might be cabins nearby to rent too.

Have fun whatever you end up! Gettysburg is awesome too.
Atlas Obscura
Mar 2, 2019 6:54pm
Thread
Are y’all planning on attending Atlas Obscura: The Second over in Doylestown in May? I’m fairly new to letterboxing and I live in Jersey, so AO2 is the closest event I can get to soon. I’m excited for my first event!
Re: Atlas Obscura
Reply to: #972291 by mrprez180
Mar 3, 2019 2:18pm
Thread
I'm in VA, but I'm going to chime in anyway. I know all the people who do those AO events and they totally rock. You are about to meet some of the nicest boxers you will ever come across and some pretty rad carves as well. I'm jealous that you get to go. Have a blast for me :)
Mar 3, 2019 5:12pm
Thread
The Atlas Obscura events are always fun. I missed the last one but I’m hoping to get up there for this one.
Reply to: #972314 by Sheba
Mar 4, 2019 1:49pm
Thread
Wow! We are excited that our Atlas Obscura event will be your first. I love our AO events, great friends and fun boxes! Make sure you check out other great boxes in the Doylestown area and be ready there will be some special Easter boxes available during the event :) look for details soon!!
Mar 5, 2019 10:13am
Thread
We have been to several of them and they are wonderful events!
Reply to: #972312 by PiggyJaunt
Mar 5, 2019 2:00pm
Thread
Thanks. Not really sure what to expect?
Reply to: #972406 by mrprez180
Mar 5, 2019 2:41pm
Thread
Not really sure what to expect?

For this particular event, you can expect to gather at Panera and meet all of the rest of the attendees. You can choose to dine or not to dine. Then Lotus gives us the clues for 3 or 4 boxes located in a park near Panera. We go looking for the boxes and can either return to Panera for socializing or head out to search for other permanent boxes or Lotus mentioned the possibility of other temporary boxes that may be available. This is an excellent event for your 1st one as it is very laid back and there is no rush or pressure to grab a lot of boxes.
Reply to: #972409 by Janila
Mar 5, 2019 7:52pm
Thread
Awesome! Thanks
Easter Tree
Mar 26, 2019 3:49am
Thread
Hi All!
I plan to have the Easter / Spring tree in Doylestown again this year from April 1st - May 1st, so plan accordingly. Orginally thought I would still have it up for Atlas Obscura on May 19th, but it's too long to leave the eggs on the tree- neighbors may start to complain lol!! I look forward to seeing you all! just so you know, it may be the last year for the tree :( Take care, Lotus
Re: Easter Tree
Reply to: #973367 by lotus
Apr 7, 2019 6:35am
Thread
Just letting you know that the eggs are on the tree and ready to find!! They will be available until 5/6 :) have fun!!
Reply to: #973871 by lotus
Apr 7, 2019 10:55am
Thread
Yippee!! The Easter Bunny left surprises for us in Doylestown!!! Gonna fill my Easter basket today with all those awesome carves!!! Thank you Easter bunny!!!
Apr 8, 2019 3:40am
Thread
Thank you Easter Bunny!! Can't wait to see what the Bunny left for all of us. Thank you for all your hard work and the fun you create for each of us.
Apr 14, 2019 12:49pm
Thread
I loved finding these eggs two years ago and am sad to be missing them.
Atlas Obscura: The Second 2019
May 16, 2019 9:39am
Hi-
For those headed to Atlas Obscura in Doylestown, PA this Sunday just be aware that it is Tile Fest weekend at the Fonthill / Moravian Tile Works grounds. So it will be $ 6 per adult to hunt any older boxes there. http://www.buckscounty.org/government/MoravianPotteryTileworks/MoravianPotteryandTileWorks/events/tile-festival
We are planting the new Atlas Obscura at Chapman park :) See you Sunday!! Lotus
Christmas in July 2019 CANCELLED
Jun 17, 2019 2:57am
Good Morning,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I cancelled the Christmas in July event. Sorry for any inconvience this has caused. Hope to be back next year :) Take care, Lotus
Boxtoberfest CANCELLED
Jun 17, 2019 3:21am
Hello All!
I have to cancel Boxoberfest also. This was a difficult decision and wasn't made lightly. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused, I looked to forward to seeing you all! Hopefully we'll be able to get together again soon!! Best wishes, Lotus

For those who made reservations:
Cancellations can be made via the call center or web. Cancellations made up to close of business seven days prior to your scheduled arrival date will incur the $10 cancellation fee per reservation. If you cancel six days or less prior to the arrival date, you will forfeit the first night's fee. Changes to an online reservation must be made by calling the Pennsylvania State Parks Reservation Center at 888-PA-PARKS (888-727-2757) Monday through Saturday, 7:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, except for backpack camping, which are handled by the specific park.
I know there is a cancellation fee, and I am sorry about that. If you AQ email me your address and the cost of the fee, I will pay you back. I am sorry that I had to cancel after some already made reservations.
Wednesday Bowler
Aug 2, 2019 1:23pm
Just wanted to let everyone know that Wednesday Bowler passed away last week. She was a great lady and will be missed by all :(

https://www.reedandsteinbach.com/obituary/mary-mcdowell/

https://www.atlasquest.com/people/tributes/obit.php?memberId=2262
Ridley Creek
Oct 11, 2019 5:08am
Thread
Heading out today with 2 noxer friends to check on my boxes. Finally, have been putting it off but have had reports of missing and water logged boxes. I know I won’t get to them all, not sure of attention span of my friends. Would like to search for some new boxes that are but need to set my priorities. We shall see...
Re: Ridley Creek
Reply to: #980203 by Mizscarlet
Oct 11, 2019 8:13am
Thread
Have fun! I’m real close in Springfield... if you ever need me to check on a box, let me know. I know your bat box there wa pretty soaked.
Lisa