About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Pennsylvania

Happy Cake Day Red Cruzsader
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Apr 20, 2018 8:53am
Thread
Congratulations on 10 years Red! We have enjoyed your great carves and creative boxes. Hope to see you at an event or on the Trail soon!
Re: Happy Cake Day Red Cruzsader
Reply to: #959326 by Traks15
Apr 20, 2018 11:25am
Thread
Happy Happy Cake Day! May you eat your favorite slice of cake in honor and enjoy every bit.
Re: Happy Cake Day Red Cruzsader
Reply to: #959327 by PiggyJaunt
Apr 27, 2018 12:17pm
Thread
Thanks guys.
I have been working overtime this week and just spotted this.
Hope to hit the trails this weekend.
Hope that rain lets up for a bit to snag a few at least.

Hope everyone has a great weekend as well!

RC
Happy Cake Day Una Marlee Sue
May 1, 2018 3:48am
Thread
Happy Cake Day Una!!! Yay...

*throws confetti*

*balloons flying*
Re: Happy Cake Day Una Marlee Sue
Reply to: #959683 by Penguin_Girl22
May 1, 2018 3:51am
Thread
Just a huge SHOUT OUT, to Una Marlee Sue, aka the Great Travel Guide on her cake day!!!!! Here's to your second anniversary and to many more to come. I know your celebrating by planting a box somewhere today. You go girl!
Reply to: #959683 by Penguin_Girl22
May 1, 2018 3:52am
Thread
Thanks!!!!! I can't believe it has been 2 years already. I am having the time of my life with this new hobby/obsession!!!!! Meeting some really awesome people and seeing lots of new places!!!! Thanks to my traveling buddies-Penguin_Girl22 and Traks15-for making it even more memorable. Happy Boxing everyone!!!!!
Reply to: #959685 by Una Marlee Sue
May 1, 2018 5:53pm
Thread
๐ŸŽ‚ ๐Ÿฐ ๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽถ
Reply to: #959713 by brailleboxer
May 2, 2018 2:08am
Thread
Thank you!!!! I had a great cake day. I planted a new box and replaced a lost stamp in one of my series. It was a beautiful day yesterday to box!!
Visiting PA
May 19, 2018 5:17pm
Old Blue and I are visiting from California and wonder if anyone wants to meet up for an exchange. We will be in the Gettysburg area all day Sunday, May 20. I know itโ€™s short notice but if anyoneโ€™s available, let us know.

DoubleSaj
live & breathe from PA
Oct 2, 2018 1:00pm
Thread
Hi anyone else making the trip to Texas? How are you getting there? Hope to meet up with some of my fellow peeps :)
Re: live & breathe from PA
Reply to: #966298 by lotus
Oct 2, 2018 1:53pm
Thread
Well jeeze. What about New York? I have been thinking that us east coast types should hang out. Show 'em how it's done.

I'm driving, doing a long, round about road trip that had been modified to just Texas but is now a lot longer. If I survive I'll wind up in Austin.
Reply to: #966301 by MissMoon
Oct 2, 2018 9:02pm
Thread
You are a honorary Pennsylvanian June :)
Celtic Cat, Leafcutters and I are flying out on Wednesday before the event and staying until Monday. Perhaps we can all do dinner in Austin on Thursday?
Reply to: #966316 by lotus
Oct 2, 2018 9:16pm
Thread
Ooh, me, me! I'm getting in Wednesday night!
Looking for suggestions of where to eat
Oct 3, 2018 3:47am
Thread
my family will be visiting the following areas and are looking for some good local places to eat while visiting...

Gettysburg
Ronks
Lancaster
Hershey
Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Philadelphia

Re: Looking for suggestions of where to eat
Reply to: #966322 by mudflinginfools
Oct 3, 2018 4:57am
Thread
Gettysburg - Appalachian Brewing Company
Ronks - Good 'N Plenty, stop by Dutch Haven to pick up a shoofly pie and a letterbox.
Lancaster - Annie Bailey's Irish Public House

Isaac's Restaurant and Deli has great soup and sandwiches with a fun atmosphere. They are a local chain with quite a few locations in York and Lancaster counties. The Isaac's in Hershey has a letterbox.
Reply to: #966324 by AstroBeast
Oct 3, 2018 7:05am
Thread
Thanks!
Oct 3, 2018 12:29pm
Thread
If you're a fan of breweries, there is an awesome small chain called Iron Hill that we loved when we lived in PA. They are all around Philly/KOP, and they have Lancaster and Hershey locations (Kennet Square mushroom soup omg)

And because I'm incapable of recommending food without mentioning at least one Thai place, Pattaya Thai Cuisine in Philly is super authentic and delicious ;)
Oct 4, 2018 5:03am
Thread
King of Prussia Town Center, has some really good choices.
Philly, Johns Roast Pork,14 East Synder Ave. for cheese steaks. Stay away from cheesesteak corner at all costs. Go to Johns trust me.
When are you in the Philly area?
Reply to: #966316 by lotus
Oct 4, 2018 10:54am
Thread
Iโ€™ll arrive Thursday evening. At this point I have no idea what time.
Oct 12, 2018 7:46am
Thread
In which general area are you staying in Philly, and what kind of food do you like? We're an amazing culinary city, but I'm not sure if you're looking for a quick take-out or sit-down meal.
Oct 12, 2018 12:13pm
Thread
For Gettysburg we like Dunlaps, good food and prices, and BYOB.
A little nice is the Pub on the Square. Appalachian Brewing Company has decent beer but their food is hit or miss.

In Hershey the Chocolate Ave Grill is excellent and Funck's in nearby Palmyra has awesome food and a great tap.

You can't go wrong with Loxley's in Lancaster.

Miller's Smorgasbord in Ronks has a great breakfast buffet.
Oct 12, 2018 12:48pm
Thread
In King of Prussia, Founding Farmers is excellent!

If your up for a meet and greet let me know, whether a mini meet or one on one!
Lisa
In the Philly Burbs
Gettysburg ?s
Feb 20, 2019 12:28pm
Thread
Update: as of last night husband no longere wants to try to haul the trailer that far. so now we are looking for hotels, cabins, airbnb, etc.
Thanks,

Hi all,
We are wanting to take a tour of Gettysburg this summer and are curious about places to camp. We are hoping to bring our 22' trailer. iI will be our first time to take it on a road trip so we are a little nervous.

What are some good places to stay in the area?

Also, any must find boxes?

Anyone from the area?

We will have two days there, and I'm thinking they will all center around the battlefield. But I'm always good for a meetup.

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Gettysburg ?s
Reply to: #971827 by photopam
Feb 20, 2019 12:47pm
Thread
Welcome to Pennsylvania in advance!

My daughter has a 35' camper and they camp at Artillery Ridge Campground.

There are a LOT of boxes in Gettysburg including many on the battlefield itself. They are very hard to get discretely because the battlefield is ALWAYS busy but if you are willing to take your time, you can get a nice selection. My favorite boxes not on the battlefield are Sunrise Soap Company and Postage Paid. Both of these are in unique stores and although discretion is needed, sneakiness is not. The staff is aware that both are there.

There is so much to do in Gettysburg that boxing may take a back seat!
Reply to: #971830 by Janila
Feb 20, 2019 2:54pm
Thread
Thank you. I'll look into the campground.

There is so much to do in Gettysburg that boxing may take a back seat!

That's what I'm thinking, but I may need a battle break. ;)
We have a lot more stops on our list after this one!
Feb 20, 2019 3:13pm
Thread
I don't know about places to camp today, but in '92 I stayed in fields nearby when they filmed parts of the movie "Gettysburg" on location (it's a story for another time..) Unfortunately I hadn't discovered 'boxing back then.

I can recommend taking the self-guided tour, you can do it at your own pace. You can tarry where and as you will, or move along more quickly as the sights (dis)interest you. You might even be able to grab a 'box or a few with planning.

Your Obd't Servant,
Connfederate
Feb 21, 2019 2:44am
Thread
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

PP
Feb 21, 2019 5:05am
Thread
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

Have Fun!
Reply to: #971856 by Pink Panther
Feb 21, 2019 6:04am
Thread
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

Thanks,
Hubs decided last night he doesn't want to pull the trailer that far yet. So now we're looking at normal lodging like cabins, hotels, airbnb.

I'm not sure we will have time to go to any state parks now. :(
It sounds wonderful.
Reply to: #971858 by Lowland Lass
Feb 21, 2019 6:09am
Thread
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

I think I looked at this one last night right before hubby decided he doesn't want to take the trailer that far....

I'd like to visit Eisenhower HS, but hubby probably won't. Maybe I can leave him to roam the battlefield, and I'll go with the kids. ;)

Thanks!