cranium get together

?

Shiloh
Re: Strawberry Fest 2011!
Board: State: Oklahoma
Reply to: #596908 by shiloh
Apr 3, 2011 3:02pm
Thread
Sorry I was typing that on my phone it should have been Ft. Smith get together. I have no idea how it got cranium?!

And is anyone going to put the Strawberry Festival on the list of events here on AQ?

GG
Reply to: #596915 by Goofy girl
Apr 3, 2011 4:53pm
Thread
I don't believe Queendeen was suggesting a meet, she just asked if any one had been to it before. But that doesn't mean you all can't make it a gather...have fun.
Reply to: #596915 by Goofy girl
Apr 3, 2011 5:01pm
Thread
I was typing that on my phone it should have been Ft. Smith get together. I have no idea how it got cranium

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

Then the answer is no.

Shiloh
Reply to: #596935 by shiloh
Apr 3, 2011 6:23pm
Thread
that's hilarious
Reply to: #596929 by Okie Dog
Apr 7, 2011 12:20pm
Thread
You would be correct Okie Dog. It will be a gather either way I suppose, but likely way too many ppl to hide and or seek boxes. Too bad there are little if any boxes along the way. Coming from central OK I won't be making it to Frog Suck park in AR. Maybe another time.
Guiseppe's House
Apr 7, 2011 12:28pm
Thread
I am really into Discover Oklahoma right now, I'm a festival fanatic and love all the small towns around here. I have just discovered a restaurant in Marlow, OK called Guiseppi's House. It is an Italian restaurant in a historic bank building that was built in 1911. They have a private dining area known as the "broom closet." It has a secret passage and a password in order to get to it. I think it sounds like so much fun to invite a few friends and give clues to find the right time and place. Has anyone been here before or even heard of it? Also, any clue or theme ideas?
Re: Guiseppe's House
Reply to: #597924 by queendeen
Apr 7, 2011 12:49pm
Thread
I saw that edition of Discover Oklahoma. I forget most times when its on but caught that particular show...what a neat place to check out...love the mystery of it....

secret passage

password

any clue

Sounds like you have all the ingredients for a mystery gathering right there, to me. Or Clue....
Apr 7, 2011 1:38pm
Thread
Wow, it's too far away from me but I checked out their website and it looks really neat!!!
Apr 7, 2011 4:02pm
Thread
a restaurant in Marlow, OK called Guiseppi's House

Who would ever expect to find such a treasure in Marlow! I went to high school in Duncan, 10 miles away and there was nothing special about Marlow then. Of course, that was over 40 years ago; things might have changed some since then.

Sounds like a wonderful place for a gathering!
Reply to: #597971 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 7, 2011 4:26pm
Thread
Girl Scout Camp E-Ko-Wah is there!

GG
Reply to: #597978 by Goofy girl
Apr 7, 2011 4:28pm
Thread
I thought I read something on FB that you were moving down that way GG? You'll have to check it out for us and give us the scoop...
Reply to: #597979 by Okie Dog
Apr 7, 2011 4:31pm
Thread
Will and can do. I am going to be moving a little east of Duncan

GG
Reply to: #597981 by Goofy girl
Apr 7, 2011 8:06pm
Thread
I hadn't heard that. A good move, I hope?
Reply to: #598018 by Dizzy
Apr 7, 2011 8:42pm
Thread
To be near my in laws

GG
Thunderstorms, Hail, and Tornado watches!
Apr 14, 2011 1:50pm
Thread
Well, looks as if its our turn. Its on its way to Tulsa. I haven't heard any news of places further west, but it came from the west. So, GG, how's the weather your way, are you okay? Anyone else with news they are willing to impart?

We may lose power they say, I sure hope not. And I hope we here are all intact when it passes. Stay Okie strong! Blessings to you.....
OD
Re: Thunderstorms, Hail, and Tornado watches!
Reply to: #599598 by Okie Dog
Apr 14, 2011 1:53pm
Thread
I hadn't heard about it, hope everyone is safe!! Keep me posted!!
Reply to: #599599 by la tigresse
Apr 14, 2011 2:46pm
Thread
Thanks LT. The sky is getting darker, now, its getting closer... Reports of tornado down in Shidler, and another area, too, up north and west of us...

Check back with you later on, I hope....I'm going to read some more boards for now....got to get my fix before all ---- breaks loose....I'll be shuttin' down the pc when it starts thundering and lightening...

OD
Apr 14, 2011 2:55pm
Thread
I had just looked at the weather about 10 minutes ago and saw the tornado warnings. It's headed my way, too. I'm gonna be power-drinking tea tonight since I won't be sleeping. Glad I got a good night's sleep last night!
Apr 14, 2011 3:06pm
Thread
Must be what blew - very hard - through here yesterday evening; that's the way it usually goes. But you guys get the addition of the warm gulf air coming up from the south. Batten down the hatches and hang on!
Reply to: #599623 by Dizzy
Apr 14, 2011 3:06pm
Thread
Hang in there Dizz! I just heard some thunder a few minutes ago...Ain't this fun! lol and here I am working on an LTC between it all, lol
Reply to: #599626 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 14, 2011 3:09pm
Thread
hang on!

I plan on it! Say, if my brother comes looking for me on here, tell him to give me a call tomorrow, lol, cause evidently I will have lost power, even a land line loses it on occassion....
Reply to: #599618 by Okie Dog
Apr 14, 2011 3:36pm
Thread
Tornado sirens going off now. A lowering seen near 75 hwy and 271st about. Getting a few sprinkles and been windy most of the day, but just had a down draft for a second, guess better get off here now. Its at Kellyville they are saying now for the storm...west of it. bye all, maybe be back late tonight....
Apr 14, 2011 4:29pm
Thread
We haven't had any weather today other than sunshine.

I think it is mostly Eastern Oklahoma today for the rain and other stuff.

GG
Reply to: #599639 by Okie Dog
Apr 14, 2011 5:36pm
Thread
Hey Sis, I hope it bypasses you. Willl check with you later to see how the evening turned out.
Bro
Reply to: #599667 by Safari Man
Apr 14, 2011 6:47pm
Thread
Made it through just fine. A lot of power outages aroung town, but skipped our side, thank the good Lord. Hey, Bro, I'm just fine. Fell asleep after it was over here, on the couch, and just woke up a minute ago...just in time to see a great rendition of a jazz performance on Idol...wow! Fantastic...
Grabbed me a big bowl of frosted mini wheats, some grape nuts on top of that, with a banana and calling it dinner, its yummy....

Hpoe Dizzy made it okay, give us a shout out, Dizz...

I see I have mail, better go see what its all about from you bro...

rut roh, just heard thunder, here we go again?????

While I'm here, good to hear, GG, it didn't hit your way....

Over and out....
Reply to: #599688 by Okie Dog
Apr 14, 2011 6:52pm
Thread
Looking at weather.com, you're not in the clear yet!
Reply to: #599689 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 14, 2011 6:57pm
Thread
I just looked and you ain't just whistling Dixie....

everything is East of I-35 so there is nothing in my area (El Reno) and we could use some rain. We can do without the hail and tornadoes. or even take the hail and forget the tornadoes

Okie Dog be sure and check in when you can I think you have my cell number also.

GG
Reply to: #599688 by Okie Dog
Apr 14, 2011 7:11pm
Thread
See that big swirly in the center of the US? Yea, that's me. The tornado watch ends a couple miles from me but I expect it will be here shortly. One in Newton County that is headed toward me. :( Will let you know when it passes.
Reply to: #599692 by Goofy girl
Apr 14, 2011 7:16pm
Thread
I did just check in, right before BL wrote..I'm just fine, GG, thanks...

It is rumbling and lightening here but they are saying this won't be severe, and we needed some rain too, it was a good one and hopefully more to wash away all future fires for a while...Dusty said Oxley was on fire the other day but think they got it out fairly quickly, Turkey mtn, was on fire too, north west area, and Glenn's boxes are safe up there. Keystone had fires and Glenn's boxes some got burnt up, no telling what the few I adopted of Belmer's are like...sure glad I hadn't got there to replace those missing, I have been carrying them around in the van, lol...

Take care,
OD