Oct 11, 2013 6:42pm
Thread
Great Catchow. Thanks.
Re: WooHoo SOHT is here!!!
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #809951 by R gang
Oct 11, 2013 8:38pm
Thread
I stopped over to late to stay the night but we will be back tomorrow after Layla's swim.
Reply to: #809981 by Spoiled Rotten
Oct 12, 2013 4:05am
Thread
See ya when ya get there!!!! Good Luck Layla on your swimming!
Re: Cemetary boxes
Reply to: #809938 by KyserFamily
Oct 12, 2013 5:03am
Thread
You've probably already seen it at this point. It's a Ten episode, Martha Jones is his companion.

WiseMama
Reply to: #809981 by Spoiled Rotten
Oct 12, 2013 7:05am
Thread
Go Layla Go!! Leave it all I the pool!

Does the Y sync their meets with Meet Mobil (a smart phone app)? Brenda can explain it.
Re: Um, Hi?
Reply to: #809939 by KyserFamily
Oct 12, 2013 10:23am
Thread
It willbe a beautifull time.
OK, let's hear it.
Oct 12, 2013 7:13pm
Thread
I just know you are all laughing it up and trying to get the little ones scared stiff!!

Hoping to hear all about it on the board.

Layla..how did you swim today? Bet no one has to rock YOU to sleep tonight!!
Re: OK, let's hear it.
Reply to: #810057 by Granny Butterfly
Oct 12, 2013 8:11pm
Thread
You missed a great event, Granny! Always a spook-tacular time.
Re: OK, let's hear it.
Reply to: #810068 by Paisley Pineapple
Oct 13, 2013 6:00am
Thread
Hoping you all had a great time. Who all came with you from the north????
Another great Southern Ohio Haunted Trails
Oct 13, 2013 11:28am
Thread
Thanks to RGang for another great event! I really appreciate my prize for having attended the most SOHT's. I feel like I should be the one giving a prize to RGang for all of the fun, food, and letterboxes that they have provided over the years.

I hope I can keep my title for a few more years, but those hills seem to be getting steeper! Thanks to my boxing companions for their encouragement, especially Christy of Ppack and Linda the Transient Toadstool, but also Catchow, Tyrus, Jeeves, Dude, and all the other big and little Ppacks. Finally, thanks to the carvers- I think the stamps this year were the best yet! -Rose
Re: Another great Southern Ohio Haunted Trails
Reply to: #810129 by Rosmarinus
Oct 13, 2013 1:01pm
Thread
Yes another SOHT is done & over with & just like the Academy Awards we could go on & on thanking everyone but just let us say we consider ourselves blessed to have so many you old & new friends come out to our SOHTs! It was a great day with beautiful weather,food,fun & stamps.....A special thanks to Paul of Lizardlovers for his visit & Desert Flower/Azroadie from Arizona for spending the weekend with us.You are by far our farthest visitors yet! Yes the carvings were amazing as usual thanks to our many carvers & hope we can have a good supply next year...YES!!there will be a 2014 SOHT to be announced at a later date! Thanks again......
Reply to: #810141 by R gang
Oct 13, 2013 3:11pm
Thread
YES!!there will be a 2014 SOHT to be announced at a later date! Thanks again......

So glad to hear there will be a 2014 SOHT. I will do my best to make that one. Looks and sounds like it was another great time!!!
Safari Man
Reply to: #810160 by Safari Man
Oct 13, 2013 4:13pm
Thread
We would like to thank the R Gang group for putting together an amazing weekend! The fellowship of other boxers, the wonderful stamps, the food and THE WEATHER made for a perfect time! So glad to see old friends and make so many new ones. We appreciate everything that was done, and so glad to see there is going to be a 2014! Hats off to all!!
jeeves, dude and Mdx
Reply to: #810173 by jeeves
Oct 13, 2013 7:16pm
Thread
Oh yesss it was a wonderful weekend ,great weather great trails and most of all great hosts thankyou very much to R gang for your hospitality and everyone else who helped to make SOHT the one event I look forward too each year
Oct 14, 2013 7:21am
Thread
Always a favorite and fabulous time. SOHT 2013 was as amazing as all the previous ones.

The day was beautiful - the trails full of stamps by talented carvers - wonderful food and - amazing friends.

Thank you R Gang for hosting and providing such a fun time.
Reply to: #810326 by GypsyLadybug
Oct 14, 2013 10:44am
Thread
It was great to see you all again! SOHT is one event we look forward to every year. Thank you, Brenda and sisters, for another great event! Hats of to the cook, too! Very tasty bird stew.
Oct 14, 2013 2:07pm
Thread
I'm most excited about SOHT 2014!! SOHT is our favorite event to attend. We love all the OH boxers, everyone is so fun and friendly. Thanks Brenda and Cat of R-gang for your hospitality, breakfast over the fire was awesome! Mr BT was so sad to have missed this yr but is already looking forward to 2014!

Gwen of BT!
Oct 14, 2013 9:44pm
Thread
Another wonderful SOHT Event. Thanks to Cat, Brenda, Tom, June & Caleb for all your hard work. Such a beautiful setting for an event. Just have to mention ..4 letterboxers were lost on the trails for a couple hours. Thought we were going to have to get a search party together. I think we need to put a bell on Dude to keep track of him. Thanks for all the amazing stamps and I had a wonderful
time with my boxing buddies, you are the best.
Reply to: #810497 by Transient Toadstool
Oct 15, 2013 6:17am
Thread
What another amazing SOHT. Thank you Cat, Tom, Brenda and June for putting the event together every year. I went back and looked, and I've managed to attend every event, except 2007. Coming down to SOHT is truly the high point of my fall. Your warmth and hosipitality makes it feel like home, away from home.

I'm happy to hear there will be one in 2014. Hopefully Bill and I will be able to come down the day before and tackel Great Seal Park. We decided against doing it this year. It looked like there was some weather coming in, and none of us wanted to attempt walking down on wet trails.

So again guys, thank you so much.
Oct 15, 2013 6:37am
Thread
Oh my...Dude were you looking for pavement? Sure did miss you and love hearing the stories.
Oct 15, 2013 8:33am
Thread
Sounds like everyone had a good time. I was hoping we could sneak down and see everyone but the schedule just didn't allow it. We're hoping to see everyone soon.
First Event attended
Oct 15, 2013 10:29am
Thread
Went to my first event last weekend - SOHT in Chillicothe, OH. Had a great time. What a great group of people, and the hosts were very helpful to newbies.!
Oct 15, 2013 12:30pm
Thread
AND I'll bet those 4 lost boxers slept like babies Sat nite,too!!!!
Re: First Event attended
Reply to: #810574 by barbcat
Oct 15, 2013 12:32pm
Thread
It was great to meet you. SOHT is a wonderful event to start with - everyone is always so helpful and friendly. So glad you had a great time! Hopefully we'll see you at more and more events.
Re: First Event attended
Reply to: #810574 by barbcat
Oct 15, 2013 5:06pm
Thread
So glad you decided to come.....Hopefully we'll see you next year
Reply to: #810549 by songwriter
Oct 15, 2013 5:08pm
Thread
You guys need to get down here & visit!!!!
SOHT
Oct 15, 2013 5:10pm
Thread
LOST & FOUND we have an Ozark bag chair & a pair of black gloves! let us know if they're yours
Re: SOHT
Reply to: #810643 by R gang
Oct 15, 2013 6:35pm
Thread
Speaking of lost and found, yes I know of two of the wandering boxers that were completely worn out! And I was exhausted just worrying about them. You see, when I did manage to get a text to dude to see if he was lost and had the kids, his reply was that they were ok and that he was hurting. What the text was suppose to say was that he was ok and was hurrying. Big difference. Long story, one those kids are going to take with them the rest of their lives.
Missing my Ohio LB family
Oct 17, 2013 11:03am
Thread
I see chatter of the SOHT event and it makes me miss letterboxing in Ohio! I am itching for the park to open by us after the government shutdown. I haven't been active since I moved out west but the desire is strong. I will be grabbing some letterboxes soon because we are moving to Okinawa, Japan! I need to catch up on everything here before I can't do it again. We will be living in Japan for the next three years. After that, who knows where we will end up! Hope everyone is doing well. Off to print a bunch of clues....

Spirit Seeker ~ Marcy
Re: Missing my Ohio LB family
Reply to: #810923 by Spirit Seeker
Oct 17, 2013 11:12am
Thread
Look at it this way - there are 20 new boxes just waiting for a finder: boxes in Japan

And after you've been there a while, it will be a good excuse for the rest of us to make a roadtrip!