A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: North Carolina

Re: Havent posted in forever...update
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #977471 by Goofy girl
Aug 1, 2019 11:06am
Thread
Well I am not going to make it to the 9/20 event. I'm sorry and will hopefully make it sometime in the near future!
New signature stamp... finally
Aug 18, 2019 6:28am
Thread
Guys. It finally happened. I carved myself a new signature stamp!

For context, my previous signature stamp I made in 2007. It was the first stamp I ever even attempted to carve, but it turned out cute so I kept it. I also haven't been super active in letterboxing over the years so I just never bothered to change it.

Guess it's time to go stamp into a box somewhere now :)
Re: New signature stamp... finally
Reply to: #978470 by Odd Owl
Aug 18, 2019 8:16am
Thread
Great stamp!!!
SNB4: Thank You
Aug 18, 2019 11:19am
Thread
Thanks to RDHG for a fantastic event! It was my first time nightboxing, and I had a blast!
Re: SNB4: Thank You
Reply to: #978490 by A Okay
Aug 18, 2019 11:32am
Thread
It was also my 1st time nightboxing! I had fun and met many more LBers! Thank you RDHG for going all out on this!
Reply to: #978490 by A Okay
Aug 18, 2019 1:47pm
Thread
Yay! I am glad that you had fun nightboxing. We had some really neat boxers participate. πŸ˜ƒ
Reply to: #978491 by JBartiste
Aug 18, 2019 1:48pm
Thread
Thank you! I am glad that you had so much fun and got to meet so many more boxers. πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
No Finders Yet
Sep 9, 2019 6:09pm
Thread
If you would like to visit the beautiful, historic place that is the Murray's Mill District, nobody has found H or RDHG's box there yet. There are also other single boxes and series there. πŸ™‚

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=304870
Re: No Finders Yet
Reply to: #979326 by RDHG
Sep 10, 2019 10:46am
Thread
Looks like I'll have to round up some boxers and make a day trip up there this fall! Looks like fun and I've never been!
Going WILD in Raleigh
Sep 21, 2019 4:08pm
Thread
Happy Trails & enjoy the adventures this weekend.

Wishing I could be there, but been I've been ill & as much as I'd LOVE to hit the trails, I don't want to spread germs.

Y'all have perfect weather for a grand event!!
Re: Going WILD in Raleigh
Reply to: #979624 by Petunia
Sep 21, 2019 9:12pm
Thread
Thank you. It stinks that that is still hanging on. Hopefully you will return no good health soon!
Letterboxing Gone Wild: Animal Adventure
Sep 22, 2019 4:21pm
Thread
What an awesome weekend in Raleigh - beautiful weather, amazing friends, lots and lots of animals everywhere and so much fun had by all!!! Job well done again ladies!!! This event was amazing!! Thanks for always putting on memorable events. Can't wait for next year!!!
Re: Letterboxing Gone Wild: Animal Adventure
Reply to: #979642 by Una Marlee Sue
Sep 22, 2019 5:50pm
Thread
This was an amazing event. So many animals everywhere. It was awesome spending time with old friends. ❀️ I can hardly wait to see what you ladies come up with next. Hope to see many of you at Mistletoe.
Re: Gone Wild Questions
Reply to: #979647 by RDHG
Sep 22, 2019 8:44pm
Replying, and don’t care if you delete..
Perhaps there may be another who would like this info?
Sep 22, 2019 8:48pm
Thread
It was absolutely fantastic! Many thanks to SHH and SC for all their efforts....and same to all the others that contributed with assistance to those two, food, decorations, cleanup, and everything else. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Brian & Bonnie - HVs
Sep 23, 2019 5:40am
Thread
These events just keep getting better and better, how is this possible? What a fun year! Great props, cute stamps, a fun time and lots of perfect weather. Thanks so much.
Reply to: #979651 by PiggyJaunt
Sep 23, 2019 6:21am
Thread
Arranging the weather has been our biggest accomplishment so far. You're welcome. Lol

Stay tuned for next year. We're already brainstorming huge things.
Sep 23, 2019 8:11am
Thread
I definitely want to chime in with my HUGE thanks to the Letterboxing Gone Wild crew for such a fantastic event. You made the trip up from Austin totally worthwhile! The props. The themes. The well organized clues. The crocodile pond. So many memorable things. On the plane flight home I spent some quality time looking through all the stamps I had gotten. The artistry and craftsmanship was amazing. I am looking forward to clearing the calendar for next year’s event if at all possible!!!

Origami Hen
Re: Gone Wild WOM
Reply to: #979672 by RDHG
Sep 24, 2019 5:02am
Thread
Must be the Ohio one- 303326
Re: Gone Wild WOM
Reply to: #979677 by Munkeybee
Sep 24, 2019 5:49am
Thread
Thank you! I deleted the post to not spoil any future clues. πŸ˜‰
Reply to: #979653 by Origami Hen
Sep 24, 2019 11:46am
Thread
WHEW - what a WILD adventure! Thanks so much to everyone who carved, came, cooked, cleaned, camped, caravaned, contributed, and collected all the animals/props! I hope you had as much fun as we did!

Now that I'm back home and caught up on sleep, I will be sorting through stamps to return those that were on loan just for the event.

Hope to see many folks down my way in Georgia for Quite Contrary's READY, SET, GO! event in November and of course at other events this fall/winter!

Super Hedge Hoggie
Help logging at Gone Wild in NC
Sep 24, 2019 5:00pm
Thread
I think this was a table top. Its a brown sloth that looks like it was probably done by a child. (sorry if it wasn't) I wrote down Sloth by Drama Kitty but DK doesn't have an AQ account. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Help logging at Gone Wild in NC
Reply to: #979695 by THE RED CYCLONE
Sep 24, 2019 6:01pm
Thread
That brown sloth was Drama Kitty's first carve! Her mom is Exp626. The sloth doesn't have an AQ # yet but I told her mom I want to be First Finder when it does - lol!! Sorry Jason! :-D
Reply to: #979699 by Helms' Flying Adventure
Sep 25, 2019 6:00am
Thread
well, ASD should be first finder, since she helped drama kitty learn to carve it ;)
pink dragon's menagerie
Sep 25, 2019 2:37pm
has been updated
Reply to: #979699 by Helms' Flying Adventure
Sep 25, 2019 3:14pm
Thread
That brown sloth was Drama Kitty's first carve! Her mom is Exp626. The sloth doesn't have an AQ # yet but I told her mom I want to be First Finder when it does - lol!! Sorry Jason! :-D

Thanks for the help. I don't care who is FF as long as I can log it. :)
NC State Employee Wellness Challenge
Nov 12, 2019 1:45pm
Thread
Not letterboxing related (unless you want to count all that walking to find boxes...) but any NC state employees participating in the current Miles for Wellness Challenge? Or is anyone interested in being part of a team for the next challenge? I think it's sometime in late spring/early summer...
Re: NC State Employee Wellness Challenge
Reply to: #981074 by Johnsosaurus
Nov 12, 2019 3:56pm
Thread
I'm participating! Sadly my team is just at the hare level. Like...last time I saw a chart we were 3rd from the bottom in that level. At least we walked out of tortoise! Luckily a letterboxing event this weekend tripled my personal average steps during this challenge! If my coworkers don't form a team again in the spring I'd be up for forming one with you. :)
Reply to: #981083 by Munkeybee
Nov 13, 2019 8:03am
Thread
I'm so happy to hear another boxer is participating. Way to walk out of tortoise! At the last ranking my team was 44 in the super hare category. I only had one person from my department participate with me so I opened it up to the state and was eventually able to get a full team between three different institutions and we vary a lot between each person's average steps. Let me know about teaming up for the next challenge :)
Reply to: #981094 by Johnsosaurus
Nov 14, 2019 6:43pm
Thread
Where do you work? I work with the Museum of Natural Sciences (DNCR)

One of our walkers sprained her ankle the first week. And then I ended up sitting at my desk more than I wanted to for a few weeks in there. Ha! Oh well!