Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: North Carolina

by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: North Carolina
WHEW - what an amazing challenge and participant announcement at Geekfest! Over 80 letterboxers participated in the Power Plant Challenge!! All told, more than 2100 new boxes were planted - 2100 new traditional, permanent plants that everyone can enj...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Wow!!!! Thanks for the update and thank you for sponsoring this fun challenge. It was wonderful to be inspired to clear my desk of all of the stamps and logbooks that had been waiting literally for years to be planted and it looks as though a lot of...
by mudflinginfoolsProfileContactLogbookNote
That's awesome... I would have had been able to plant a few more - but we had snow on the ground for most of the planting time... so if you do it again... maybe a different timeline so all areas can plant in better weather conditions :)
by Road JunkiesProfileContactLogbookNote
What? No confetti with your return to the boards? Welcome back! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
by Goofy girlProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you *~*~*~
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
Wonderful! All letterboxers come out ahead with your challenge! Thank you for posting and encouraging boxers to get planting even during a tough winter! Many thanks!
Didnt get to go letterboxing it rained. I didnt have my vehicle was at the mercy of the school bus and they cancelled the trip to where the letterbox was I was going to get because it was an outside mall. :( On the bright side we might take a family v...
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
... Oh my aching back. That's a pretty good haul on a school bus.
It's like a charter bus but no bathroom. The seats were actually pretty comfy. The school has had it for awhile now. The different sports and music dept use it for trips.
by Mei Mary PoppinsProfileContactLogbookNote
I just signed up for June 29th. Also sent you a message. Would love to know what ideas you have gotten/ still need so I know what route to go. The park is the perfect setting to go wild. Have sewing machine, can travel...but I don;t do clothes so pleas...
I vote for a family vacation to NC in September...ahem.....because this LB'er needs to box with you ;)
I'll look at the events board and see what fun you have planned. Mei Mary, are you talking about the weekend of Sept 20th? If so I will see what I can do it may just be me.
YESSSSSSSS
So hubby is saying I'm a go for the trip... we will see, hope it works out that I can go. I think I have january's and february's clue figured out. I'm not a ciper person so I may not get March's figured, but have a good start on April's and May just a...
Also pray hubby is off that weekend to keep the kids so I can come. Gg
... OMG OMG OMG...YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I am so freaking happy to read this.
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Is there somewhere specific on AQ to put a route of boxes for an area?
by Hiking VikingsProfileContactLogbookNote
You can use the trip planner if you have a specific route you will be taking. Or, you can map all the boxes in a given area....will show the locations (or approximate) on a map. Not exactly certain what you are looking for, but I use these two to rese...
Since I dont know if his days off will allow me to come I will book a hotel room in August when i do know for sure so that if i dont get to come i dont take cabin space from anyone else.
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Do you mean plan a route from box to box in a certain area? If that's what you mean, I just do it on google maps, from specific location to specific location. Always works great and no need to be a premium member on AQ.
Thank you. I did not mean to be unclear. I made a route for the area around here and wondered if there was a specific place that I might share it. It is not a trip, per see, though.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
Hey everyone! As some of you might know, WalkinOrange passed away last year. His wife is looking for someone close to her in Matthews or Charlotte that would be willing to take all his letterboxing material and boxes and get all of his excellent carvi...
by OutdoorsoccerProfileContactLogbookNote
Hi GT, I will be in the area this weekend for SoccerGirl02 NC ODP tournament and would love to pick-up the letterboxing supplies. Please let me know. I sent you an AQmail too. Thanks, ODS
If there is a lot, I would also be happy to help and would be willing to take the boxes.
by Sudoku CrazyProfileContactLogbookNote
I think we would all be happy to help get his carvings out in the wild! Outdoorsoccer and RDHG - let me know if you want me to plant some. If a number of us plant, we could do a WalkinOrange tribute series with his stamps. Just an idea. SC
That is an excellent idea! I am all for it.
by Mouse NannyProfileContactLogbookNote
So my daughter Ruth has accepted a part time library assistant position at Eva Perry library in Apex. It is part of the Wake county public library system. I am such a proud mama today. I told her that she has to help me plant some boxes in the library.
by Mosaic ButterflyProfileContactLogbookNote
Congrats! I am so proud of her on your behalf!
by koalacatProfileContactLogbookNote
That's wonderful. I hope she enjoys it. I am trying to move into a different library position eventually, but currently that, too. Hope you all are doing well!
Do you remember when the North Carolina board used to be the busiest board on AtlasQuest? Where did everybody go? I know that a few people are no longer letterboxing. A bunch of us are still here, though. Why do we not chat like we used to? It is...