May 6, 2019 10:54am
Thread
I hit 4000!
Re: Geek Fest 2
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #974919 by Bungalow Boxer
May 6, 2019 1:56pm
Thread
1) What was the letterbox in the fake log under the birdhouse?

The fake log under the bird house is a bonus box: AQ 303692. You must log the birdhouse find before you can log the stump bonus box. :)
Re: Geek Fest Milestones
Reply to: #974921 by RDHG
May 6, 2019 3:30pm
Thread
Haha. Does anyone else find it amusing that we hit 2,000 and 3,000 and 4,000? Did anybody hit 5,000? πŸ˜‰
Reply to: #974921 by RDHG
May 6, 2019 3:45pm
Thread
Reply to: #974933 by RDHG
May 6, 2019 3:49pm
Thread
That would be me...5000 even. 🀣
Reply to: #974933 by RDHG
May 6, 2019 3:51pm
Thread
Almost. I will hit 5000 in 2 weeks at Piggyjaunts event.
Reply to: #974935 by Acorns4u
May 6, 2019 3:52pm
Thread
Woohooo for 5,000 -- and 7,000! Any 6,000s out there?
eye of sauron and others at star trek 5
May 6, 2019 4:04pm
Thread
how are they listed
Let's get together and craft! For the September event
May 6, 2019 4:07pm
Thread
Hello my NC friends! Now that Geek Fest is over and you have had a whole day to recover, it's time to start thinking about our next adventure! Actually, you can rest longer, but if I don't post this now, I will forget!

I've posted two crafting events for props, etc for the event, one for June 29 and one for August 10. Also, I know that all of you are so creative, so send me and Super Hedge Hoggie all of your wonderful ideas for animal props!

Thanks!!
Sudoku Crazy
Reply to: #974929 by Odd Owl
May 6, 2019 4:28pm
Thread
Oy ve. I've found that birdhouse three times with three different AQ numbers! Thanks for the info!
Reply to: #974931 by THE RED CYCLONE
May 6, 2019 4:30pm
Thread
Thanks!

Bridgit’s Knot can be found here:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=305197
Re: eye of sauron and others at star trek 5
Reply to: #974938 by the pink dragon
May 6, 2019 5:10pm
Thread
Hi,

I believe they are listed as Lord of the Rings Trilogy. AQ# 305180.

Take care,

ODS
Reply to: #974929 by Odd Owl
May 6, 2019 5:31pm
Thread
What is the AQ # for the birdhouse? Can't seem to find it.
Two NC Events Coming Up
May 6, 2019 8:08pm
Thread
After chatting with some folks over the weekend, I said that I would post details. Here you go! 😁

We have a new boxer in our midst. Yay! JBartiste is not able to get to most events because she works Saturdays, yet she would like to meet other boxers. For this reason, we planned a casual meetup for June 2nd to introduce her to some of you and enjoy going out boxing together. The Mooresville Meetup is the first weekend in June.

Strictly Nightboxing 4 will be August 17th. This focuses on nightboxing. Of course, you can hunt for other boxes in the area over the weekend, as well.

If you have questions, please ask. If you would like to contribute any stamps toward the nightboxing event, please do! You can check out the stamp request page here. Thank you oodles and bunches, and we hope to see you at one or both events!
Reply to: #974945 by THE RED CYCLONE
May 7, 2019 2:03am
Thread
Thank you!!!
Reply to: #974893 by Una Marlee Sue
May 7, 2019 4:02pm
Thread
Thanks to EVERYONE who came, planted, carved, picked up stamps, and made GEEKFEST so awesome! HUGE round of applause to the curls for her outstanding organizational skills and attention to geeky details!
Re: Two NC Events Coming Up
Reply to: #974949 by RDHG
May 7, 2019 4:17pm
Thread
Yes! I'm looking forward to meeting LBers!!!
Re: eye of sauron and others at star trek 5
Reply to: #974943 by Outdoorsoccer
May 7, 2019 6:27pm
Thread
Thx
Re: Geekfest 2 -- Mei Mary Poppins
Reply to: #974897 by RDHG
May 8, 2019 3:59pm
Thread
I still have my Dorothy bag. Will we see you for any other upcoming events?

I entered one of the bags in a county fair competition. LOL

I am planning to be at the Raleigh event in September!!!!
Cavallino's P T The Unloved Avenger
May 9, 2019 1:31pm
carved at CARVING CLASS Saturday afternoon by Super Hedge Hoggie

launched at GEEK FEST 2

The Unloved Avenger

AQ305314

by Cavallino
Havent posted in forever
May 14, 2019 2:10pm
Thread
I might be able to pick up a couple letterboxes this weekend in Branson, while chaperoning the kids' school music trip! Both the older two are in choir. The band director scheduled some training and performance times for both band and choir in Branson! Yay!

Goofy girl
Re: Havent posted in forever
Reply to: #975233 by Goofy girl
May 14, 2019 6:22pm
Thread
wow
great to hear from you

met you at a SNOWY January event in Hickory

bet you baby is in college by now...tee hee

Kathy
Dixie Darlin'
Reply to: #975239 by dixie darlin
May 14, 2019 6:26pm
Thread
She is finishing up 3rd grade this week and the older two who weren't with me are finishing their sophomore years. School is out Thursday! We need to come visit again!
Reply to: #975240 by Goofy girl
May 14, 2019 6:33pm
Thread
how time flies
Reply to: #975233 by Goofy girl
May 15, 2019 4:31am
Thread
Oh! Enjoy Branson. I'm hoping to spend a couple days there in June sometime and I too will probably pick up a couple letterboxes while there. If you run into something I shouldn't waste time on let me know. But boxes there seem to be in pretty good shape overall, at least for the drive-bys.
Power Plant Challenge
May 15, 2019 7:14am
Thread
Hopefully by now some of the dust has settled from the amazing Geek Fest 2 and life is returning to normal for the hosts. Unfortunately, after injuring myself I had to head home before the announcements of the Power Plant Challenge on Saturday evening so I was wondering if the results could be posted here. Perhaps listing the top planters and the total number of boxes that this challenge generated would be interesting to many of us....or at least to me! Thanks for a wonderful time even though mine was cut short!
Re: Power Plant Challenge
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 11:44am
Thread
I’d like to see the stats as well. Just for curiosity sake.
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 2:15pm
Thread
WHEW - what an amazing challenge and participant announcement at Geekfest!

Over 80 letterboxers participated in the Power Plant Challenge!! All told, more than 2100 new boxes were planted - 2100 new traditional, permanent plants that everyone can enjoy! WOW!!! We had absolutely no clue that it would take off like that!

The patches are in the mail - literally - I sent them off to the post office this afternoon so they are on the way to everyone who could not attend. To the small group of participants who have not yet provided me your mailing address... check your AQ messages and send me your mailing address.

16 boxers planted more than 50 (FIFTY!!!!) traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!!! SUPER SUPER AWESOME!! When the pathtags arrive, we will send out a message so we can get those out to folks.

SIX boxers planted more than 100 traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! (no additional prize, but I wanted to brag on them).

The grand prize winner (of pink stuff - of course) is:

AIRSTREAM DREAMS!!! She planted an almost unbelievable (but we believe it) 181 boxes as part of this challenge and totally packed her home town and of course, North Carolina with new plants for everyone to find!

Thanks again for all the positive discussion, hype, and of course, PLANTING that came from this challenge. We would be open to having another/similar challenge in the future, and I hope everyone enjoys all the recent plants and keeps planting more boxes!

Happy Letterboxing!

Super Hedge Hoggie
Reply to: #975258 by Super Hedge Hoggie
May 15, 2019 2:48pm
Thread
Wow!!!! Thanks for the update and thank you for sponsoring this fun challenge. It was wonderful to be inspired to clear my desk of all of the stamps and logbooks that had been waiting literally for years to be planted and it looks as though a lot of others did the same thing! What a great inspiration!
Reply to: #975260 by Janila
May 16, 2019 3:01am
Thread
That's awesome... I would have had been able to plant a few more - but we had snow on the ground for most of the planting time... so if you do it again... maybe a different timeline so all areas can plant in better weather conditions :)