Jul 3, 2014 8:57am
Thread
Be careful out there.
Re: Arthur's Theme
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #856064 by koalacat
Jul 3, 2014 9:10am
Thread
He was able to get under shelter to work and he's still down there. He'll be home tonight and back again on Saturday. But hey! we get to spend time with the grand baby on Friday!!
Was hoping for a boxing weekend, but that's not to be either since we had to drop from the RW&Y event.
Reply to: #856066 by oceanwinds
Jul 3, 2014 9:45am
Thread
I know you are disappointed, but I'll be spending time with grandkids too and it will be worth it. Blessings.
Reply to: #856062 by oceanwinds
Jul 3, 2014 3:31pm
Thread
So far just rain & little wind.
Reply to: #856073 by GA Candy Girl
Jul 3, 2014 10:13pm
Thread
Yes looking forward to some loving from our granddaughter. Such a sweetie!
Event / 4th
Jul 6, 2014 9:35am
Thread
Hope the event is going or went well. That was very tempting, but I had plans that were a couple years in the making. Arthur almost made me cancel them and go there. You all probably had more fun, too. The evening of the fourth was meh (rude people, bad food), but the ocean pretty much made up for that.
Re: Event / 4th
Reply to: #856477 by koalacat
Jul 6, 2014 9:58am
Thread
The 4th my wedding anniversary. 22 yrs. :)
We went to Cajun Queen (dinner and live jazz) then walked around downtown enjoying just sharing memories with each other.

I hope the event was fun in the mountains. I've been through Elkin only once but it's lovely up there!
New boxes in Greensboro
Jul 6, 2014 10:34am
Thread
Since I was at home sick all weekend, missing the RWB&You event, I got Fiver to plant a series of our boxes in Greensboro. Look for The Lord of the Rings series. The ones we planted are actually Hobbit themed but I'm hoping others who have Lord of the Rings themed stamps will add them to the series.
Reply to: #856480 by The Wolf Family
Jul 6, 2014 10:39am
Thread
Happy Anniversary Mama and Papa Wolf - 22 years is a great start!!! Why is it not a surprise that your anniversary involves fireworks and explosions :)
Reply to: #856487 by FORAYCH
Jul 6, 2014 10:58am
Thread
Thanks. It was a weird day on our wedding -- sun, rain, hail, double rainbow, fireworks. I guess that was a sign of what was to come! Never a dull moment! :)
Re: New boxes in Greensboro
Reply to: #856486 by Hazel and Fiver
Jul 6, 2014 11:00am
Thread
Look for The Lord of the Rings series.

Cool!!! LOVE LotRs!!

I was shopping for a bathing suit this year and wishing that those came in LotR fashion. I wasn't liking how I looked in a bathing suit, but really think that I could rock some hooded robes! Why don't they make them like that?!!!
Reply to: #856480 by The Wolf Family
Jul 6, 2014 11:12am
Thread
Congrats! I was noticing some pictures that you were posting early on the 4th and thought it was your anniversary. Great day for a wedding and an anniversary!
Reply to: #856477 by koalacat
Jul 6, 2014 2:16pm
Thread
Hope the event is going or went well... You all probably had more fun

I can only speak for Saturday, but I had a great time. Small group, but fun folks. I don't venture out often anymore, but I'm glad I did. Thank you, Sudoku Crazy and family, for your hospitality!
Wilmington HH
Jul 8, 2014 11:59am
I received a message that someone found a possible HH in our Venus fly trap box planted in Wilmington. It was described as a bunny carrying a sack of money in one hand and a gun in the other. There either was no logbook or the log was ruined because the box was wet.

Sound familiar to anyone? The finder would like to contact the person it belongs to and get the name of it and see if they would like her to make a new log for it.
Coming To Outer Banks
Jul 8, 2014 12:32pm
I will be in the Kitty Hawk area September 26-28, 2014, and would like to meet up with local letterboxers. Actually, I will be there through October 5th, but I will be at the American Kitefliers Association.
Reply to: #856495 by The Wolf Family
Jul 8, 2014 1:16pm
Thread
I would love it if you would add a stamp to the series Mama Wolf (especially since I would get an awesome stamp in my book)!

I haven't bought a swimsuit in years for that very reason. I'm still wearing a one-piece I bought my senior of college about 15 years ago! It covers quite well but a robe would be better.
Reply to: #856865 by Hazel and Fiver
Jul 8, 2014 1:29pm
Thread
I'm still wearing a one-piece I bought my senior of college about 15 years ago!

I expanded out of that size.
I'd opted to visit the beach in the DARK!

I would love it if you would add a stamp to the series Mama Wolf

I had a great Samwise one. Blackvelvetrav planted it in CO, though. I haven't carved in a couple of months now, but we shall see....
Quick Hello
Jul 9, 2014 1:48pm
Hello, Folks! This is a super quick note to say that I have not been able to be on AQ and may not be on much for the next few weeks (M leaves the 31st). I am not ignoring anyone if you have tried to reach me, and feel free to contact me privately if you have my number. Thank you. 8^)

Sunshine and smiles,
D of RDHG
Free dental
Jul 10, 2014 8:48am
I come across some nice services in my line of work some times. This is a free dental service offered across NC as a mobile event. Just FYI in case anyone knows anyone in need:

http://www.ncmom.info/index.php/about-us/about-ncmom
Nightboxing Mooresville event
Jul 10, 2014 9:19am
Thread
I've been looking around and it seems that the closest place to camp is more than an hour away. Can anyone local confirm that for me? Anyone have any hotel recommendations?

Thanks!
Re: Nightboxing Mooresville event
Reply to: #857128 by Southern Oracle
Jul 10, 2014 9:58am
Thread
Hey, Girl. Lake Norman State Park is five or so miles from us. There is also a KOA im Statesville (20-30 minutes).

If anybody prefers a hotel, there are a few right off of exit 36, though we have heard that Days Inn might not be desirable. You might look for hotels off of exit 36 in Mooresville on the west side of I-77.

(Thank you to Mama Wolf for letting me know that this message was posted.)
Reply to: #857128 by Southern Oracle
Jul 11, 2014 8:35am
Thread
it seems that the closest place to camp is more than an hour away.

CROSS COUNTRY CAMPGROUND (704) 483-5897

WILDLIFE WOODS CAMPGROUND (704) 483-5611

both are on HWY 150 in Denver, which is the town just west of Mooresville.

Dina B. Seeker
Reply to: #857295 by theseekers1108
Jul 11, 2014 9:43am
Thread
And Lake Norman State Park is really nice.
Reply to: #857313 by noydb
Jul 11, 2014 10:16am
Thread
I think the actual boxing is in downtown Mooresville. The campground is just a place to stay. I think the campers have to code to get in and out after dark. But I havent stayed at that one.
Reply to: #857133 by RDHG
Jul 11, 2014 4:07pm
Thread
Thank you! I had sent you a couple of pm's but you posted you were going to be busy so I thought of posting it here so you didn't have to worry about a reply :)
Reply to: #857133 by RDHG
Jul 11, 2014 4:08pm
Thread
And Google maps lies! lol they are the ones that told me Lake Norman was 49 minutes away!
Reply to: #857295 by theseekers1108
Jul 11, 2014 4:09pm
Thread
Thank you! Google was not helping me with this at all!
Reply to: #857307 by The Wolf Family
Jul 11, 2014 4:10pm
Thread
This is the only park google was telling me about and it said that it was 48 minutes away!

Thanks!
Reply to: #857402 by Southern Oracle
Jul 11, 2014 6:15pm
Thread
This is the only park google was telling me about and it said that it was 48 minutes away!

Wow. That seems like quiet the scenic route!
Reply to: #857313 by noydb
Jul 11, 2014 8:30pm
Thread
State Park Campgrounds lock up at dark.

Not just State Parks, some other campgrounds do too. I use to think this was a good idea...........Until we had an emergency in a campground once after the gate was closed and locked. Now I will NOT stay in any park that locks the gate.

Our middle son at the time 2 years old was running and fell in the fire hands first. We jumped in the car only to find the gate locked, no code to get out and no one around to help. My husband some how was able to lift the whole pole out of the ground to get the metal gate open. At the ER we were told our son had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands. Good news is he is now 26 and does not remember it and his hands are okay. He is also a Paramedic now.