Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: North Carolina

Re: Somehow, I think Round 2 is about to start.
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #811016 by WalkinOrange
Oct 18, 2013 4:24am
Thread
That is SOOOOOOO COOL.

Thanks for sharing, W O !!!

I am already thinking about NEXT Halloween. What and Where can we transform into MOS EISLEY SPACEPORT.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

SOUNDS LIKE A NORTH CAROLINA LETTERBOXING EVENT TO ME !!!

*LOL*

Dina B. er.... I mean .... MaryAnn
Reply to: #811016 by WalkinOrange
Oct 18, 2013 8:07am
Thread
Lol! Anything can be zombified!

Dina B, wait until you see what WalkinOrange created for your zombie wedding!! It's getting close now! :D
Reply to: #811059 by The Wolf Family
Oct 18, 2013 8:44am
Thread
zombie wedding!! It's getting close now!

I cannot wait to see what has been ZOMBIEFIED for the wedding party !!!

8 days from today !!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Dina B.
Reply to: #811067 by theseekers1108
Oct 19, 2013 9:35am
Thread
Please, please, please post mega pix!
The zombie boxes are coming...
Oct 19, 2013 11:46pm
Thread
I planted Aiphid's Zombie Kitchen today. It's a really unique (and gruesome!) box. I've not used that Google docs thing before so let me know if that link doesn't work!

I have another one I did with WalkinOrange that is a really fun HIPS box that will be one day only (it's a gift for theseekers1108 to take home after that).
Re: The zombie boxes are coming...
Reply to: #811337 by The Wolf Family
Oct 20, 2013 6:11am
Thread
Love the "font"!
Oct 20, 2013 6:37am
Thread
Really gruesome looking clues, love it!!
Oct 20, 2013 9:46am
Thread
Someday I will get this box!!!
Reply to: #811398 by Raven
Oct 20, 2013 10:07am
Thread
Yes, you should! Come to NC, Miss C!!
Oct 20, 2013 12:20pm
Thread
AWESOME CLUE !!!

I tried to take my visiting family to Southside Park today, but the playground is being re done, because of the recent flooding..... and was all roped off.
We ended up at the JAYCEE park up the road.

6 DAYS FROM TODAY !!!
Finally checked on some boxes
Oct 20, 2013 1:49pm
Thread
Well, it's been FOREVER since I've been out on the trail....but I finally got out today to check on some of my boxes. All of the 9 boxes I checked are part of the "All Creatures Great and Small" "series" at Salem Lake in Winston-Salem, NC. I was happy to find 7 of the boxes....but sad to find that 2 of them were seemingly gone. I was on a VERY limited time schedule - so I know the boxes are there.....I really didn't take time to check their condition - except one that was obviously totally mangled. The 2 "missing" ones have had their statuses changed. To make this "series" a little easier to decipher - I have chosen to group them into groups based on their trails. The boxes from today will be Group 1 - the group designation has been added to the clue. I have not checked the other 2 trails - so their group designations will have to wait.
All of these "All Creatures Great and Small" boxes are VERY lonely! They've really not had many visitors since our event years ago! Hope some of you North Carolinians......or anyone else who might be passing through our lovely state, will choose to walk the trails of Salem Lake to find some of these great stamps!
Re: Finally checked on some boxes
Reply to: #811435 by Ponder
Oct 20, 2013 1:54pm
Thread
Thanks for cleaning and maintaining. It is a nice place with nice boxes and hikes.
Oct 21, 2013 5:19am
Thread
who says you don't do creative clues??? yeah, right.

~tigs
Reply to: #811544 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 7:17am
Thread
who says you don't do creative clues???

Ummm... I seem to recall you completely revised one of my clues since the story really wasn't particularly creatively written....

But I'm trying to get better!
Reply to: #811571 by The Wolf Family
Oct 21, 2013 2:11pm
Thread
Ummm. . .

only because you ASKED me to. Not because i looked at them and said, "wow, these clues are sucky and boring!" LOL. i don't usually go around rewriting clues just because, silly ;-).

And i think these new ones were really great! Whoo hoo hoo hoo!!!

~tigs
Reply to: #811687 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 2:52pm
Thread
I seem to recall the asking being prompted by some feedback. But in any case, I am interested in making more creative clues. My past clues are mostly just directions. I'm trying to do something different with the clues with each new box I plant now. :)
Reply to: #811699 by The Wolf Family
Oct 21, 2013 5:43pm
Thread
And i'm working really hard at way more creative containers, logbooks, stamps and clues. All because of the same kind of feedback. That said basically the reason my boxes didn't get 5's is because they sucked. LOL. Because they did.

. . . and MAN! maybe i don't want to be planting any more boxes. These things take a helluva lot of TIME.

~tigs (55+ hours on one box and counting -and it will probably still suck)
Reply to: #811754 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 5:51pm
Thread
and MAN! maybe i don't want to be planting any more boxes. These things take a helluva lot of TIME.

When you opt to focus on quality instead of quantity the time it takes to make one box definitely increases. But after over 200 plants (not including all the donations), I think I've done quite enough quantity! :)

Plus I like to push myself to try new things, and learning to write creative clues is probably the biggest challenge I've had so far! I've been working on it for over a year with some really great clue writers and don't have much to show for it. But I'm slowly changing that...
Reply to: #811754 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 6:48pm
Thread
maybe i don't want to be planting any more boxes. These things take a helluva lot of TIME.

Tell me about it! I've now been carving a certain series for over a year--that's just the carves. Not boxes, not pouches, they're not mounted, no logbooks have been made--just the stamps. And not all of them--13 are carved, with four to go--and the last two will be the hardest (which is why they're last).

I TOLD you people to stop me before I did another long series!

WiseOldOwl
(the victim of grandiose plans)
Reply to: #811774 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 21, 2013 6:59pm
Thread
Oh yes, please proceed on, you can do it, you can do it, 4 more to go. Just want to give you some support although you certainly don't need it. :)
Reply to: #811774 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 21, 2013 7:03pm
Thread
I TOLD you people to stop me before I did another long series!

Better not to do a long series because you know that the bar has now been raised for you and nice handmade logbooks and box constructions are now required. Once you start doing that stuff, you can't go back! ;)

The ones I just had planted in Maine had an urban style box construction with a code on it. You got a stamp out of that box but then solved the code off it to get another box. I really need to do some of those around here. But they do take some time.
Reply to: #811777 by The Wolf Family
Oct 21, 2013 7:11pm
Thread
Handmade logbooks, yes. Box constructions--no! Too tasty for Georgia critters!
the Seekers wedding
Oct 22, 2013 2:15pm
is anybody going to their wedding that lives in my area that I could hitch a ride with?
Re: Finally checked on some boxes
Reply to: #811435 by Ponder
Oct 22, 2013 8:30pm
Thread
The trails really are great at Salem Lake.. I have the boxes but might have to put this on my list of "let's walk this for fun" Thanks for the reminder.
We are Moving to NC
Oct 24, 2013 5:08am
Thread
I am moving from Massachusetts to North Carolina next week with my 3 year old(my letterboxing partner). We are very excited to start letterboxing in a new area, just hoping there are as many boxes In and around Salisbury as there are on Cape Cod :)
Re: We are Moving to NC
Reply to: #812151 by Cape Cod Cam
Oct 24, 2013 6:18am
Thread
NC is an amazing area for LBs from what I hear!
Seekers' Wedding Boxing
Oct 24, 2013 6:31am
Thread
Tomorrow is the day that I plan to plant the boxes, and there will probably be a dozen and an half or less total. It will depend on if any arrive today. LOL. Clues will be posted tonight. As per my appointment on Tuesday, I still have four more weeks in the boot, but Doc has given me the okay to plant at the small park. Tigs will bounce along with me so that I do not overdo it.

All that we ask is that you not be hunting for boxes during the ceremony. Hopefully you will all have a super fun time and be a blessing to theseekers as you share their big day with them! 8^)
Oct 24, 2013 9:52am
Thread
Welcome! I live in the Charlotte area. There was an event in Salisbury a cuple years ago so there are some rather fun boxes an haunted sites as well as others. It's a really nest historic town.

We look forward to meeting you!
Reply to: #812192 by The Wolf Family
Oct 24, 2013 11:06am
Thread
And Mama Wolfe is big fun too.
Oct 24, 2013 11:42am
Thread
The Salisbury area is wonderful and there are plenty of boxes in the Piedmont of NC to find !!!
We're from Newton, which is about 40 miles from Salisbury.

Let us know when you're settled !!

Dina B. Seeker