Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: North Carolina

litterboxing
Board: State: North Carolina
Oct 11, 2013 6:23pm
Thread
There was some mewing coming from the woods/hedges earlier today when I returned home. I went to explore and one of my neighbors noticed me looking. I told him that I heard a meow. Mama cat and boys have been in my apartment technically since Monday evening. Then he heard the meow. So, for the next few minutes looking for the missing addition to her litter of kittens. The baby was on the other side of the fence. Other neighbors came out. He went to get the kitten. My other neighbor received him/her from the other side of the fence. I grabbed mommy and brought her outside to see if she accepted the baby - she did!

So, the family of cats has increased by one. They've turned the tables and taken a koalacat hostage!
Re: litterboxing
Reply to: #809969 by koalacat
Oct 12, 2013 6:34pm
Thread
aww... was it her own missing baby? Or is she taking over as mom for a stray lost kitty?
Re: litterboxing
Reply to: #810047 by CT Nite Owl
Oct 12, 2013 7:24pm
Thread
I am hoping he/she is one of hers based on the location and the age. She was hiding her babies in the hedge until the downpour on Monday. She only brought down two. First, she brought one for an hour until the second cried out for her. She raced up and got him. On Thursday, I thought I heard a meow, but wasn't sure. On Friday, the cat had an urgent meow that she only seemed to use when people were passing. There were two that were walking by as I returned to my apartment.
Mystery Event Reminder
Oct 15, 2013 3:23am
Thread
Greetings, Folks! I had had a few people say that they were interested in attending the mystery fundraising (and costume, if you choose) event, and I wanted to post a reminder because the deadline to get tickets is this Saturday. I can give you our address if you would like to send a check.

This event is a fundraiser for the orphan ministry with which we serve, and money brought in will go toward bringing our host child, Markuss, here to visit for a month.

Please contact me if you would like to colme out and play (or if you do not know what this is and are interested). It is going to be a super fun event!

Thank you bunches.
Dawnmarie 8^)
Re: Mystery Event Reminder
Reply to: #810508 by RDHG
Oct 15, 2013 5:33am
Thread
I had so wanted to come, but as it turns out, we're filming over near Raleigh that weekend.

*pouting*
Reply to: #810508 by RDHG
Oct 15, 2013 5:52am
Thread
Ooooh! You're going to b in Raleigh!
Will you be busy all day? Will you have time to come out and play? Grab a lb or two or a cup of java?
Reply to: #810526 by airstream dreams
Oct 15, 2013 6:07am
Thread
ASD,
No time to play ..... Between Charlie and I we're in several scenes over both days !!
It will be a busy one !!! We're actually filming near Wake Forest. I've never been there.
If something changes, I'll let you know !
Dina B.
PA weekend
Oct 16, 2013 6:59pm
Thread
I'm driving up to Lancaster, PA to pick up our Amish friend who is going to spend some time down here with our family. When I was up there a few months ago I took her to an Amish gourd farm that is open to the public, she knew about the farm but not about the LB that is hidden inside the gourd shop.

She loved it and when we went to visit her married children she wanted me to tell them what this LBing thing was all about. :)

I hope we will be able to find a few more on this trip. My daughter has never gone with us but she is riding up with me this time and is looking forward to staying in our Amish friend's home and visiting the homes of her children.

Plus there are stores that are mainly visited by the Amish and locals that are not tourist places, there is one Amish friend who bakes pies in her home to sell at Market but the locals will go to her house to buy from her. I hope we have time to go there!!! One time when I was visiting they hooked up the horse and buggy and that is how we traveled to the bakery house.

Can you tell I'm excited about my upcoming trip? :) Shoo-fly pie
Re: PA weekend
Reply to: #810823 by airstream dreams
Oct 16, 2013 9:46pm
Thread
That sounds so fun and interesting!!
Oct 17, 2013 5:18am
Thread
I find it incredibly cool that you have an Amish friend and have this opportunity to see inside their society like that. Have fun!

Knit Wit
Oct 17, 2013 8:50am
Thread
I would like a pie.. but not a shoo-fly pie. Text me when you get there and tell me what kind. I would like some Whoopie pies too.. Pumpkin, Chocolate it don't matter. My mom and dad normally bring these back when they visit PA. But age and time seems to have them going South now adays.
Reply to: #810906 by oceanwinds
Oct 17, 2013 9:17am
Thread
I will text you when I am in the Pie store.
Somehow, I think Round 2 is about to start.
Oct 17, 2013 7:43pm
Thread
Round 2 of the Star Wars nicknames, that is.

Here we are, about to have a major zombie event, and THIS gets added to the mix.

Think Luke and Lea will become the Gravewalker twins? 8))
Re: Somehow, I think Round 2 is about to start.
Reply to: #811016 by WalkinOrange
Oct 18, 2013 4:24am
Thread
That is SOOOOOOO COOL.

Thanks for sharing, W O !!!

I am already thinking about NEXT Halloween. What and Where can we transform into MOS EISLEY SPACEPORT.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

SOUNDS LIKE A NORTH CAROLINA LETTERBOXING EVENT TO ME !!!

*LOL*

Dina B. er.... I mean .... MaryAnn
Reply to: #811016 by WalkinOrange
Oct 18, 2013 8:07am
Thread
Lol! Anything can be zombified!

Dina B, wait until you see what WalkinOrange created for your zombie wedding!! It's getting close now! :D
Reply to: #811059 by The Wolf Family
Oct 18, 2013 8:44am
Thread
zombie wedding!! It's getting close now!

I cannot wait to see what has been ZOMBIEFIED for the wedding party !!!

8 days from today !!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Dina B.
Reply to: #811067 by theseekers1108
Oct 19, 2013 9:35am
Thread
Please, please, please post mega pix!
The zombie boxes are coming...
Oct 19, 2013 11:46pm
Thread
I planted Aiphid's Zombie Kitchen today. It's a really unique (and gruesome!) box. I've not used that Google docs thing before so let me know if that link doesn't work!

I have another one I did with WalkinOrange that is a really fun HIPS box that will be one day only (it's a gift for theseekers1108 to take home after that).
Re: The zombie boxes are coming...
Reply to: #811337 by The Wolf Family
Oct 20, 2013 6:11am
Thread
Love the "font"!
Oct 20, 2013 6:37am
Thread
Really gruesome looking clues, love it!!
Oct 20, 2013 9:46am
Thread
Someday I will get this box!!!
Reply to: #811398 by Raven
Oct 20, 2013 10:07am
Thread
Yes, you should! Come to NC, Miss C!!
Oct 20, 2013 12:20pm
Thread
AWESOME CLUE !!!

I tried to take my visiting family to Southside Park today, but the playground is being re done, because of the recent flooding..... and was all roped off.
We ended up at the JAYCEE park up the road.

6 DAYS FROM TODAY !!!
Finally checked on some boxes
Oct 20, 2013 1:49pm
Thread
Well, it's been FOREVER since I've been out on the trail....but I finally got out today to check on some of my boxes. All of the 9 boxes I checked are part of the "All Creatures Great and Small" "series" at Salem Lake in Winston-Salem, NC. I was happy to find 7 of the boxes....but sad to find that 2 of them were seemingly gone. I was on a VERY limited time schedule - so I know the boxes are there.....I really didn't take time to check their condition - except one that was obviously totally mangled. The 2 "missing" ones have had their statuses changed. To make this "series" a little easier to decipher - I have chosen to group them into groups based on their trails. The boxes from today will be Group 1 - the group designation has been added to the clue. I have not checked the other 2 trails - so their group designations will have to wait.
All of these "All Creatures Great and Small" boxes are VERY lonely! They've really not had many visitors since our event years ago! Hope some of you North Carolinians......or anyone else who might be passing through our lovely state, will choose to walk the trails of Salem Lake to find some of these great stamps!
Re: Finally checked on some boxes
Reply to: #811435 by Ponder
Oct 20, 2013 1:54pm
Thread
Thanks for cleaning and maintaining. It is a nice place with nice boxes and hikes.
Oct 21, 2013 5:19am
Thread
who says you don't do creative clues??? yeah, right.

~tigs
Reply to: #811544 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 7:17am
Thread
who says you don't do creative clues???

Ummm... I seem to recall you completely revised one of my clues since the story really wasn't particularly creatively written....

But I'm trying to get better!
Reply to: #811571 by The Wolf Family
Oct 21, 2013 2:11pm
Thread
Ummm. . .

only because you ASKED me to. Not because i looked at them and said, "wow, these clues are sucky and boring!" LOL. i don't usually go around rewriting clues just because, silly ;-).

And i think these new ones were really great! Whoo hoo hoo hoo!!!

~tigs
Reply to: #811687 by tiggermama
Oct 21, 2013 2:52pm
Thread
I seem to recall the asking being prompted by some feedback. But in any case, I am interested in making more creative clues. My past clues are mostly just directions. I'm trying to do something different with the clues with each new box I plant now. :)
Reply to: #811699 by The Wolf Family
Oct 21, 2013 5:43pm
Thread
And i'm working really hard at way more creative containers, logbooks, stamps and clues. All because of the same kind of feedback. That said basically the reason my boxes didn't get 5's is because they sucked. LOL. Because they did.

. . . and MAN! maybe i don't want to be planting any more boxes. These things take a helluva lot of TIME.

~tigs (55+ hours on one box and counting -and it will probably still suck)