Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: North Carolina

Re: Payback
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #210271 by The Wolf Family
Apr 7, 2008 5:13pm
Thread
DW:
I then realized that I had no map and no way back and Wanda was leaving me in the dirt!!

WO:
I would at least try to have a map and compass with me so I could figure out how to get back.

DW:
That would be a very, very good idea.

Hey, Knit Wit! Does this mean that Wolf in Sheeps Clothing comes with a soundtrack?

8))
Re: Siskey Y
Reply to: #210268 by The Wolf Family
Apr 7, 2008 5:18pm
Thread
About 9:30. His game should be over around 9. Meet where? We plan to geyt the boxes in C. beaty and Squirral Lake parks.
Red, White & You
Apr 7, 2008 5:40pm
Ok guys! At the risk of everyone rolling their eyes at the computer screen --- Oh, I don't care --- I'm still new at this and not yet jaded. :-)

Today, two WONDERFUL packages arrived!!!! And, earlier in March a fantastic package arrived along with the delivery of a box at Frank's Easter.

Tydans sent in her lovely depiction of the Pony Express and the Logbook is one of the best I have seen that reflects the stamp theme. Wonderful!

Shoafsters brought her artsy representation of Mount Rushmore to Frank's gathering and I just love it! Wonderful!

Force of Five sent a very nice sized stamp paying homage to Francis Scott Key and the Star Spangled Banner. Very well done and with a little surprise tucked inside!!! Wonderful!

Last and certainly not least the very talented Heron A Foot sent what she considered a boring stamp representing Oregon and Lewis & Clark. Let me just say that if this is what she considers boring then whatever she considers exciting would surely be more than I could stand. It might be a small stamp but it is really nicely done. Wonderful!

I can hardly stand myself!! Watching these little treasures fall into my hands from their packages is such a treat. Thanks to everyone contributing and for the last couple of carvers that were newly added in the last couple of weeks.

This is going to be a fantastic event!

Christine
TCC
Reply to: #210252 by The Wolf Family
Apr 7, 2008 5:51pm
Thread
Were did you guys go, how long a hike was that bad boy,!!!Sounds like A GREAT HIKE to me..cant wait to meet Ms Wanda and Pete, sound like good folks.
Reply to: #210320 by FreeBird
Apr 7, 2008 6:20pm
Thread
Were did you guys go, how long a hike was that bad boy,!!!Sounds like A GREAT HIKE to me..cant wait to meet Ms Wanda and Pete, sound like good folks.

Wanda introduced me to the AT.
GO to BABE, Free bird! Wanda will be there (but she will have done all the boxes then), and you can experience first hand the trail we did. There are 4 boxes we planted there and a box on either end of the trail from others (though one may be missing).
Re: Siskey Y
Reply to: #210303 by Navigator P5
Apr 7, 2008 6:20pm
Thread
I'm e-mailing you.
Clues updated: The Control Should Be North
Apr 7, 2008 7:16pm
In brief: these clues were supposed to look like a set of orienteering control descriptions, and I've learned a lot more about those over the last few months.

The clue picture has been revised to get it closer to standard orienteering practices, and I added a link to an information page of my own.

WalkinOrange
Re: #500
Reply to: #210191 by The Wolf Family
Apr 8, 2008 3:43am
Thread
wtg!!!
Apr 8, 2008 3:49am
Thread
Congrats! It does seem appropriate for you to solve the box of that title, considering your trailname...

GOOD JOB!!
BOB
Apr 8, 2008 3:52am
Thread
Congrats Mama !

I am getting close to a small #200 but one day I hope to be in the same company !
Reply to: #210206 by The Wolf Family
Apr 8, 2008 4:57am
Thread
Quote we are the only Mama Wolf and Knit Wit? ;)

There ya go... Wrecking the warm, fuzzy moment...

Ain't that just like a wolf? ;-)
Reply to: #210301 by WalkinOrange
Apr 8, 2008 4:59am
Thread
Quote Wolf in Sheeps Clothing comes with a soundtrack?

You think banjo music would be appropriate?
Reply to: #210440 by knit wit
Apr 8, 2008 6:54am
Thread
Mama Wolf.............. Congrats on your #500 !!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Sorry I'm late with this.... Charlie mentioned it and I thought had sent a CONGRATS........
but I guess he left that to me... and we all know how THAT is.)
FRANK!!!! It's free Coffee . . . for 30 minutes TODAY!
Apr 8, 2008 8:23am
Just thought I would share this with all the Starbucks Coffee Drinking Fiends:

Starbucks Corp. will start serving up a new “everyday” brew Tuesday, hoping the signature blend will help revive slumping sales in its crucial U.S. market.

To celebrate the launch, it will host a half-hour nationwide coffee-tasting, giving away free 8 oz. cups of Pike Place Roast — named after its first store in Seattle’s famed public market — at more than 7,000 U.S. stores beginning at 9 a.m. PDT (12 p.m. EDT).

C
TCC
Reply to: #210441 by knit wit
Apr 8, 2008 9:17am
Thread

Hadn't really thought about it. But now that you mention it... YES!

It even ties in with the rafting at USNWC. 8))
Reply to: #210536 by WalkinOrange
Apr 8, 2008 10:56am
Thread
Quote It even ties in with the rafting at USNWC. 8))

You are SO bad.... ROFL
Reply to: #210536 by WalkinOrange
Apr 8, 2008 11:37am
Thread

Hadn't really thought about it. But now that you mention it... YES!

It even ties in with the rafting at USNWC. 8))

Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder about the real reason Knit Wit invited me to come hiking to do the Deliverance box with her...
Neat image
Apr 8, 2008 11:47am
Thread
I ran across this today while looking for a different image. Anyone looking for something fun to carve in Chapel Hill? I'm not going back through that way again so I won't be carving it, but I thought one of you might enjoy it. :)

http://docsouth.unc.edu/unc/display_images/silhouette.html

Liz
Re: Neat image
Reply to: #210606 by Penguin Patrol
Apr 8, 2008 11:59am
Thread
that is very nice.
Re: Neat image
Reply to: #210606 by Penguin Patrol
Apr 8, 2008 12:01pm
Thread
I will point that out to Rock Star and see if she thinks she can carve it. We live in Raleigh so it is not too much of a drive. It is a very nice image. Thanks for suggesting it.

Mouse Nanny
Six Secrets is the last set of secrets for the East coast
Apr 8, 2008 4:14pm
Thread
Six Secrets (coming soon) will be the last set of secrets boxes for the East Coast. 'X' says he already has plans for Seven Secrets, but that it will be on the west coast..... Too bad for you guys that really enjoy 'X's boxes on the east coast. Any comments, questions..... cries of outrage?

-BOB
Re: Six Secrets is the last set of secrets for the East coast
Reply to: #210705 by Bobguyman
Apr 8, 2008 4:28pm
Thread
Any comments, questions..... cries of outrage?

YES

I want a X farm box ! :O) Honest, Sean was not around when I posted about an event on the farm and was graced with semi-heart failure when X hinted that an Talley Valley Farm X box might happen! When I picked Sean up and told him - he was like a deer in headlights - DO YOU MEAN MOMMA that we would have an X BOX on our farm ? I said it could happen- his reply was:

THAT WOULD BE THE COOLEST EVER - I LOVE X

So this is my CRY of OUTRAGE and my CRY of BEGGING !!!!!

I know he will be missed so very very much by a lot of us - and I am thankful that I came down off the mountain to meet him when I had the chance ! One great guy that X is !

I am also STILL waiting to get my little fingers on 5 secrets - PLEASE !!!!

Hollerin' Holly the Troll Master
Reply to: #210710 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Apr 8, 2008 4:38pm
Thread

Now, you're only supposed to have five secrets for 2 weeks, at the most... but I'll tell you the truth. 'X' told me a couple days ago that one person has had it for over a month and has done nothing with it!

Yeah, 'X' is pretty cool as a dad and as a letterboxer. I think he's going to miss planting here and being recognized as much as he is now.

Now, as far as your hopes, I'll have to tell him about this thread later and maybe he'll have enough time before we leave...

-BOB
Reply to: #210716 by Bobguyman
Apr 8, 2008 4:46pm
Thread
The person who had Five for a little while had some health issues so she was quickly and easily forgiven. No big deal, it's been passed on again. I intend to get my filthy little hands on it just before BABE and have it there. If it all works out right, I may be able to have a little drawing to see who takes it home next. Look for me at BABE to play along. Six will be there too.
Reply to: #210723 by X Marks The Spot
Apr 8, 2008 4:50pm
Thread
Well you could have told me...

-BOB
Reply to: #210705 by Bobguyman
Apr 8, 2008 5:36pm
Thread
Too bad for you guys that really enjoy 'X's boxes on the east coast.

Thanks for rubbing it in there, BOB!
Reply to: #210710 by TalleyValleyFarmClan
Apr 8, 2008 5:39pm
Thread

Well, since X tipped us off that he will be in possession of #5 at BABE, you could take your large club and whack him over the head like a good troll master and snatch it...

Darth Wolf
Apr 8, 2008 7:52pm
Thread
Congrats The the Wolf Family on there 500th find

I got my 400th last fall
Oh NO! mini meet & more
Apr 8, 2008 8:19pm
Thread
I have been away from the boards and all of AQ...
my grandpa had a bad fall in the nursing home and broke his hip several days ago. He had to wait till he was a bit more stable for surgery but then came thru surgery fine! He is an alzheimer's patient anyway but he has been even moore confused since the fall.

He is back in the nursing home and doing...well...OK.
better than I expected maybe but still not real good...

anyway...
I come to AQ tonight not because I really hyave time to sort thru all my emails but to let yall know I will be trying to catch up...

but I also sign on to night in a frantic worry...
I just found out tonight that the location for the ballgames on Friday have changed. so that means that the location for the mojo mini meet has to change. I hope that some of you can still come but her games will be at Swain County High School and the coach said today that she will get to pitch BOTH games (a rarity for high school).

I will be back to update more tomorrow...
let me know if you think you can make it!
The Little foxes... it should be closer for you than before but those of you in SC... it will be further. I hope you still come! Mojo says she has to see her "Shy-ee" (Shawn of Talley Valley).

More later
*hugs*
Re: Oh NO! mini meet & more
Reply to: #210834 by Dixie
Apr 8, 2008 9:26pm
Thread
Dixie,
Glad to hear your Grandpa is doing okay after surgery...he will be in my prayers for continued healing. Good luck to Mojo at her game.
Turtlelove :o)