May 23, 2019 4:46am
Thread
Una will be there as well!!!!
Re: Pre-Sojourn dinner
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #975406 by lotus
May 23, 2019 10:35am
Thread
i am going to set this as an event, make sure to sign up :)
Re: Pre-Sojourn dinner
Reply to: #975406 by lotus
May 24, 2019 6:12pm
Thread
Sounds like a great time! I wish I could be there, but Turtle Song and I will be at Camp... doing all that last minute stuff to be ready for you all to arrive, and planting a few last boxes. Have fun!
Voldemort Replanted
May 27, 2019 9:08am
Good news! Voldemort was on the run from “Harry’s Horcrux Hunt” but has at last gone into hiding again. Come vanquish this evil doer while driving around beautiful Skaneateles Lake!
Susquehanna Sojourn XII
Jun 2, 2019 5:50am
Thread
A big thank you to Eiryn snd Turtle Song!!! Another fabulous event, fantastic stamps and lovely conversation :) thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication. Looking forward to year 13!
Re: Susquehanna Sojourn XII
Reply to: #975753 by lotus
Jun 2, 2019 1:12pm
Thread
I will second that!!! Awesome job ladies!!! We had such a great weekend. Looking forward to next year as well.
Jun 2, 2019 4:12pm
Thread
We had such a good time. You two throw a great party. Great job rallying with the nightboxing, too!
Jun 2, 2019 6:08pm
Thread
Awww, you are so sweet! It's so much fun to do this each year and those of you who come are the ones who make it all worthwhile -- there'd be no point of having an event without the attendees!

And thank you to all of you who helped with tables, chairs, the floor, pulling boxes, etc. this morning! We appreciate it so much!
Jun 2, 2019 7:09pm
Thread
This event is always worth the long drive! I look forward to it every year. I hope year 13 has some spoooky stamps.
Reply to: #975776 by PiggyJaunt
Jun 3, 2019 6:38am
Thread
I had a great weekend! Weather worked out I would say!

Thanks so much for all the hard work of the organizers and those who volunteered their help! What a community.

It was a great theme, and hope I can come again next year. Thank you for keeping the flame lit in NY!
Reply to: #975801 by jackbear
Jun 3, 2019 6:45am
Thread
So sorry I wasn't there this year!!
Reply to: #975802 by MissMoon
Jun 3, 2019 6:02pm
Thread
Sorry I wasn't able to make it either this year...
:-(
sojourn: winnie the pooh series
Jun 5, 2019 10:30am
Thread
I am logging my finds, any idea where to find the Winnie the Pooh boxes?
Thank you! Lotus
Re: sojourn: winnie the pooh series
Reply to: #975929 by lotus
Jun 5, 2019 2:16pm
Thread
Oops! I don't remember if I was supposed to list that or Eiryn was going to. We'll get you an answer soon!
Jun 5, 2019 2:20pm
Thread
I'm probably missing something, but I find it onerous to log finds after an event. For this I tried different combinations of looking up the hostesses' logbooks, searching for "SS XII", and typing in names individually, and I was pretty sure I was missing some. Seems like there should be a way for hosts to add these directly to the event link just like event boxes and exchanges and PTs. This makes more sense to me than having them listed by location (I also tried "Kirkwood" searches), especially when the boxes are short-lived for just the event or there is a secret theme and they don't want it popping up as a "New Plant" before the actual event.
Jun 6, 2019 4:14pm
Thread
Sorry about that! They are now listed:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=306232

I want to give a special shout-out to Knits, who carved a replacement stamp for Tigger on the spot. It looks just like the original!
Reply to: #975942 by detective
Jun 6, 2019 4:17pm
Thread
I've been to some events where the box number is listed in the cluebook. I've never thought of doing this, but if I remember next year, I'll include the box numbers. This would make it easier to log things in.

Here is the Winnie the Pooh listing:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=306232
Reply to: #975942 by detective
Jun 6, 2019 7:48pm
Thread
Seems like there should be a way for hosts to add these directly to the event link just like event boxes and exchanges and PTs.

There is a "Traditional" Tracker for making a list of boxes or series.
Or, What I do, is list all day-only stamps under a single AQ number. They can have different clues in the cluebook and have different themes, but it makes logging so much easier!
Oneonta Today
Jun 19, 2019 5:56am
Oneonta, NY
I'm going to be here today, anyone want to meet?
Ahoy Matey in Ithaca
Jun 19, 2019 9:26pm
Thread
I was really, really lost while letterboxing in Sapsucker Woods. When I stopped to "look under" as my directions instructed I found the wrong box! I was totally not in the right spot for my quarry, but any box in a storm, right? This box was called Ahoy Matey (or something very similar) and it was planted 2009. It had several visitors but I suspect not recently. I stamped in but in a real hurry because the mosquitoes were swarming like that scene in African Queen so I didn't write any details in my book or think to snap a photo. Later I tried to look up "Ahoy Matey" boxes but found there were none in NY. One that had been retired from Carlisle, PA about 13 years ago seems like a good candidate for a replant; that one had been pulled due to flood with the apparent intention to re-plant, but was retired instead. The owners are not active on AQ and so I don't expect an answer to my inquiry. Has anyone found this box in Sapsucker Woods and know if it's listed or who the owners are?
Re: Ahoy Matey in Ithaca
Reply to: #976469 by detective
Jun 20, 2019 7:40am
Thread
There are several places on LBNA you can look.....New York.....NY Mysteries....LBNA basement..........adoptables.

But you have to be a premium member to log it as an unlisted find on AQ.
Recommended Boxes in Ithaca and/or Rochester, NY?
Jul 5, 2019 6:26pm
Thread
Hi everyone - I am going to be in the Finger Lakes area of upstate New York in a few weeks. There are SO many boxes in the area - I'm having a hard time figuring out what to focus on. Anyone have "must get" boxes in the area to recommend? I'm specifically looking for boxes in Ithaca, Rochester, or anywhere in between - especially along Cayuga and Seneca Lakes.

Thanks! Origami Hen
Re: Recommended Boxes in Ithaca and/or Rochester, NY?
Reply to: #976992 by Origami Hen
Jul 5, 2019 7:19pm
Thread
https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=41994
This one was my favorite in Ithaca, it was beautiful. Be sure to bring markers for it though!
Jul 5, 2019 7:24pm
Thread
I had a great time letterboxing in and around Rochester a few years ago! Here are the favorite ones I found that still appear active:

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=65504

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=7235

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=7237
Jul 6, 2019 12:12am
Thread
Defeinitely go to Watkins Glen! AMAZING area and I know of at least one LB there! There are many stairs so bring water and a snack and good shoes but do not miss this! And many local wineries and some have boxes there too! Have fun!
Jul 6, 2019 11:58am
Thread
I have no specific box recommendations, but I recommend Taughannock falls. It's beautiful.
Jul 7, 2019 2:40pm
Thread
If you see any listed by ‘jackbear’ that are not missing or retired his carves are really great.
Jul 19, 2019 9:10am
Thread
I enjoyed the hike with Scouts series of Only in Ithaca. Trails are not marked as well as they were but worth the hunt.

https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=25400

Banjoman
Reply to: #977461 by BanjoMan
Jul 19, 2019 9:20am
Thread
Cool. Thanks for the recommendation!