A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: New Mexico

Re: New Search Adventure
Board: State: New Mexico
Reply to: #971832 by PI Joe
Feb 20, 2019 2:14pm
Thread
Yes, the geocaching group may be interested, but we are LBers and have found 2 such balloons for our daughter and had a great time. They do satellite tracking so the gps location is within feet of where the balloon actually came down. One was near Corona, New Mexico and the other near Eminence, MO. Great fun!
Re: New Search Adventure
Reply to: #971833 by nedhead
Feb 20, 2019 9:57pm
Thread
...and the other near Eminence, MO.

From a Phoenix launchsite?!? Wow! The jet stream must have been cooking that day!

I would love to hear more about your future launches and if any of them head towards central Texas I would love to help track it down.
Wagon Mound box in need of new container
May 19, 2019 4:07pm
Can anyone in the northern N.M. area help out ol' Stormcrow? It seems my Wagon Mound box is in desperate need of a new container. Thks!

"Keep it hidden, keep it safe!" sc
Boxing advice needed for Albuquerque area
Aug 22, 2019 10:06am
Thread
I plan on being in Albuquerque for a week. Will have some time for boxing. Looking for advice on must see boxes and others in general. Knees keep me from doing boxes over a short walk. Restaurant options and items of interest are also welcome. Will be in the convention center are in the fall. Thanks in advance.
Re: Boxing advice needed for Albuquerque area
Reply to: #978686 by IrishRef
Aug 22, 2019 11:49am
Thread
There are a couple of quick and easy boxes by Grumpy Grinch that I enjoyed doing.
Re: Boxing advice needed for Albuquerque area
Reply to: #978686 by IrishRef
Aug 24, 2019 10:46am
Thread
I always love boxes by wronghat! Creative carves, often humorous, and usually educational.