About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: State: Missouri

Come to "So Long & Thanks for all the Craft Supplies" 10/17
Board: State: Missouri
Oct 10, 2019 8:25pm
Thread
Hi friends, if you're available, please jump over to aMAZEing adventure frog's pad next Thursday for happy hour, 4-7pm-ish. I'll bring all the letterboxing and craft supplies that I'm offloading prior to moving to Delaware.

I tried to make a potluck signup on the event, but it didn't work, so unless I can figure out how to edit it, just bring something to nosh or drink, if you like.

Hope to see you there! https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4236

rozebud
Re: Come to "So Long & Thanks for all the Craft Supplies" 10/17
Reply to: #980199 by rozebud
Oct 11, 2019 3:55am
Thread
I will try and make a quick stop, I have to be back north of Wentzville by 5:30. Thank you, AAF!
Reply to: #980199 by rozebud
Oct 11, 2019 8:14am
Thread
Oh wow! Where in Delaware? I’m just over the PA line...
Reply to: #980206 by idlemoon
Oct 11, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
I'm looking for a place somewhere between Wilmington and Newark, so we'll practically be neighbors, idlemoon!
Start time changed for "So Long" event
Oct 14, 2019 10:10am
Thread
Hi friends, I moved Thursday's start time up to 2PM for those of you who need an earlier time. Thanks, hope to see many of you soon!
Re: Start time changed for "So Long" event
Reply to: #980271 by rozebud
Oct 14, 2019 12:07pm
Thread
Thanks, that helps me, for sure. I'll be able to get back to Wentzville before traffic gets too bad.
Re: Start time changed for "So Long" event
Reply to: #980271 by rozebud
Oct 14, 2019 2:27pm
Thread
Thanks! That means I can be there for a while. Jack of Diamonds (hubby) will be coming with :)
Happy AQ Day to Kiss'n Karin
Jan 2, 2020 6:35pm
Thread
Does it really seem like 10 years of fun! I have enjoyed boxing with you this year, and hope we can hit more trails in 2020!
Re: Happy AQ Day to Kiss'n Karin
Reply to: #982201 by carry on grandma
Jan 2, 2020 9:35pm
Thread
Happy day, indeed! Thanks for all you do in our community, and for all the good times past, present, and future-on the trails and in the crafting room!
Reply to: #982205 by Gypsy Fiddler
Jan 3, 2020 6:02am
Thread
I would add my greetings with a note ~ she's a dandy traveling companion, and a good source of clever ideas ~ thanks for all you've shown me!
Reply to: #982208 by Maude
Jan 3, 2020 6:17am
Thread
Happy Cake Day!
Jan 3, 2020 6:44am
Thread
Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes! I am so happy to have found this super hobby and all you wonderful friends! Hard to believe it’s been 10 years!
Jan 3, 2020 7:21am
Thread
woo hoo! Ten years is quite a milestone. So happy for you and for me since I've been blessed with so much of your creativity and camaraderie!
Jan 3, 2020 3:20pm
Thread
Happy aq anniversary girlfriend! Hope you had a chance to find a few boxes!
Jan 3, 2020 8:06pm
Thread
I'm late, but congratulations! Many happy boxing days this New Year.
Frog's Winter Wonderland Gather
Jan 14, 2020 11:45am
Thread
Hello all!

I am totally looking forward to getting to Frog's Winter Wonderland gather next week! So.... I'm flying in from sunny Orlando (no, I can't bring the warm weather with me, sorry!), and wondering if there's any snow cover right now? It looks like it will rain late this week, but so far, it looks ok for next weekend.

If someone can send me a snow report by early next week, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need to know if I need to pack waterproof/snow boots, or if I can get away with sneakers/hiking boots.

Thanks!
BB
Best boxes to find in St. Louis
Jan 14, 2020 12:04pm
Thread
I will have a morning of letterboxing on Sunday before I fly home, and want to know what the best boxes are in St. Louis! Shorter walks preferred as I don't have a lot of time....

Thanks!
BB
Re: Best boxes to find in St. Louis
Reply to: #982530 by Bungalow Boxer
Jan 14, 2020 12:55pm
Thread
One-stop shopping! Check out Bellefontaine cemetery...lots oftreasures there!
Re: Frog's Winter Wonderland Gather
Reply to: #982529 by Bungalow Boxer
Jan 14, 2020 12:59pm
Thread
Forecast for AAFrog's house: warm with gentle breezes, and lots of sunshine....the only showers will be showers of friendship and fun! Other than that, I got nuthin'....I only know the weather in Colorado.
Evansville IN
Jan 14, 2020 2:16pm
Thread
Hoping to get all the way to Evansville IN (and Henderson KY) the Friday morning before the gather (why not box in three extra states.... LOL). What's the traffic like in St. Louis at 6:15 am? Are there any other traffic snarles on I-64 East I should be concerned about?

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!
BB
Re: Best boxes to find in St. Louis
Reply to: #982533 by Gypsy Fiddler
Jan 14, 2020 3:25pm
Thread
Bellefontaine is great.

Forest Park is another nice spot with a lot of boxes. There are maps and bathrooms at the visitor's center to make it pretty easy to get around.
Re: Evansville IN
Reply to: #982538 by Bungalow Boxer
Jan 14, 2020 3:28pm
Thread
I've gone the opposite direction (Evansville to St. Louis) for a day of boxing, and it's a surprisingly quick trip. I can't speak to the traffic you'll run into getting out of St. Louis, though. Once you're on I-64 things should be pretty clear.

It would be great to have a visitor to the Evansville area!
Woo hoo!
Jan 18, 2020 7:52am
Weather looks favorable for next weekend (ie NO SNOW!)! Woo hoo! I was really fearing what I would do if I had to cancel (I can't go on 2/1)!!!!!!

BTW... if you have already printed the PT list, you may want to print it again.
I finally found all of my PT's so everything that now says "active" is now active!

Looking forward to meeting/seeing all of you! (a few of you I already met..... :-))
BB
Wonderful Winter Wonderland Event!
Jan 26, 2020 12:26pm
Thread
Thank you to aMAZEing adventure frog for a wonderful day of winter fun! She keeps coming up with one more aMAZEing surprise just when you think there can't be any more. It was so much fun to see so many old friends from far and wide. If events received ratings, hers would be purple diamonds.
Re: Wonderful Winter Wonderland Event!
Reply to: #982872 by carry on grandma
Jan 26, 2020 3:14pm
Thread
Ditto- always fun to see what she has up her sleeve. Not too many folks could pull off a bathroom as a great place for entertaining!!!
Reply to: #982872 by carry on grandma
Jan 26, 2020 5:23pm
Thread
I very much agree. Many thanks to Frog and her hospitality and creativity! Thankful to be able to attend!
Reply to: #982879 by SunshineRD
Jan 27, 2020 10:43am
Thread
Thanks to aMAZEing Adventure Frog for a great gather! The puzzles kept me on my toes and everything was so creative!

Hope I get to come back soon!
BB
Heads Up! adding box
Mar 24, 2020 8:36am
Thread
If you are one of those who prints out clues when you first spot a listing for a new box, note that another box will be added to my one box #314342 in T & C, MO. After my turkey caper, I could not resist. Are you still trying to box during this stay at home order. The authorities say it is o.k. to go on walks if you keep your personal distance. I can reach these boxes on foot from my house, but I did drive.
Re: Heads Up! adding box
Reply to: #984795 by carry on grandma
Apr 1, 2020 8:34am
Thread
I don't have time to box right now because my business is overwhelming, but I am definitely going outside to walk or run and am not feeling guilty about it! In fact, I LOVE that the parks out here near me which rarely have more than 5 people in them are being used more. You can easily go to a park/trail and stay 6 feet from others. FYI, I read that Castlewood and 3 other MO State Parks are going to be closed on Friday because of crowding there. Hang in there, Grandma, we all love you and don't want you catching anything. (In fact, if you would like me to shop for you, please let me know and I can pick up things for you when I shop for my dad.)
Re: Heads Up! adding box
Reply to: #985192 by MO UR4Me
Apr 1, 2020 11:02am
Thread
Hopefully c-wood park goers won't bombard your park! I'm worried about my fishing lake at Forest Park.