A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Missouri

Re: Congrats!
Board: State: Missouri
Reply to: #978256 by Kiss'n Karin
Aug 13, 2019 10:22am
Thread
It was a fun series to create and of course working with the multi talented aMAZEing adventure frog is always a good time. Thanks all who have searched for the boxes at Bellefontaine Cemetery and all the nice comments.
class for Brownies at Babler State Park
Aug 16, 2019 2:17pm
Thread
Thanks to Carry On Grandma for the heads up about this class:
http://www.prcommunityed.org/bableroec/scouts/Pages/GirlScouts.aspx

I have emailed the person in charge and offered my/our help in making it a good class. I sent my class outline, samples of hand-carved stamps and more. I am willing to go out there for the class if they ask. I also offered real letterboxes to use for the girls to find, but if they take me up on it, I would love help in finding the hiding spots and writing the clues (they may have done that already). It's not until November, so there is no rush but I wanted to put it out there in case anyone else sees their program ad.

Maybe the guy will go letterboxing with me and someone else out there to see what it's really like. When it's not so hot, of course.
Re: class for Brownies at Babler State Park
Reply to: #978411 by MO UR4Me
Aug 16, 2019 3:18pm
Thread
Irony abound! Isn’t Babler notorious for seeking and discarding letterboxes in that park?
Re: Congrats!
Reply to: #978256 by Kiss'n Karin
Aug 16, 2019 11:06pm
Thread
Congrats to two awesome lettetboxers! Thanks for all you do for the St. Louis letterboxing community!
Educating geocachers?
Aug 23, 2019 12:31pm
Thread
Recently, a suggestion was made to try and have an educational booth at a local geocachers' event. I just got an email about their annual picnic coming up.
I may be out of town that weekend, not sure yet.
If there are enough of us to take shifts (2 at a time for fun), I would be willing to contact the organizer and ask if we can bring a table to their event.

SLAGA Fall Picnic
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location: Officer Blake C. Snyder Memorial Park, 9801 Green Park Road, St. Louis, MO 63123
Host: nan-d1955
GC: GC8AC95
Re: Educating geocachers?
Reply to: #978720 by MO UR4Me
Aug 23, 2019 1:56pm
Thread
What a good idea! I could volunteer for a shift.