Search Edit

Read Board: State: Minnesota

Re: August box of month is here
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #977974 by tie dye sue
Aug 14, 2019 5:08am
Thread
*Update - figured it out.*

Um, where do i find the clue? I tried looking at your logbook under Box of the Month. I'll be in town through the weekend for my daughter's surgery - looking for some fun stuff to do.
Letterboxing 101 class
Aug 23, 2019 4:34am
If you want to check out letterboxing and are in the Brainard/Baxter area this weekend, head over to Crow Wing State Park Saturday August 24th.
Class starts at 10am in the picnic shelter. Everything will be provided and there will be 20+ stamps to find. (If you were at the GLG in June you will already have these stamps)
I must love you so much...
Sep 8, 2019 4:30pm
Hi!
skootch and I went out to scope the state forest for our summer event. It's hilly, at least the part we were in.

I managed to faceplant into a marsh/bog that someone left so inconsiderately in the middle of the path. skootch was following me, and I ended up on the other side, after sinking to mid-thigh and getting my L boot stuck in the mud, finding sticks, logs and branches to throw into the goo, so skootch could get minimally wet, getting over to the other side.

We ended up hitting the nearest burgh to get clean dry clothes, lame adventure, but we can mark that fun stuff on a map, so y'all can avoid it, next year.
Box of the month
Nov 1, 2019 4:53pm
It is here, and in its place. I removed the red log book, so it is just the stamp and log book that it is traveling with.
I have no idea where my letterboxing stuff currently is, I am buried in tie dye.
I also listed October’s box, now that it has been mailed and we are in November.
I am here, just super busy.
Box of Month is in it place
Dec 7, 2019 6:45am
I will list it later.
Calling Minnesota Boxers--It's Time for Bingo!
Dec 21, 2019 5:14pm
I posted this already on the Region: Great Lakes board, but I just want to make sure the word gets out.

Get ready to play the latest edition of the longest Bingo game in the world, Great Lakes Letterboxing Bingo! Based on boxers, boxes, and events in the six Great Lakes states from the traditional Yahoo Great Lakes board (OH, MI, WI, MN, IL, and IN), the game is open to anyone who would like to join in the fun.

The game start Jan. 1 and continues with one word called per day. A great way to stay connected to letterboxing and letterboxers thru the winter.

Interested? Just send me your email address in a private AQ message, and I'll send you out your 2020 bingo grid, word list, and rules. No commitment!
Summer Star Trek event
Jan 5, 2020 11:01am
Hi all!
skootch and I and the boys are planning a summer boxing event up by St Cloud, at a state forest, this coming summer. We'll be renting the group camp and doing food per usual.

We're having discussions on which weekend. I don't want to disinclude anyone that really wants to be there, so, please let me know your best dates in May, June, July and August.

:)
E.N.
Box of month twist
Feb 22, 2020 6:36am
So, I have been late to the party for Box of month this year, which is why there isn’t a box of the month. I’ve been tied up.

So I found a stamp to put in the AQ mailbox, and invite you to find a stamp to add also. You can list your own stamp, and for a clue use “find the home of past MN Box of Month”

Stop and say hi if I’m home. Would love to see you.
Another Quarantine Fun Day
Mar 31, 2020 2:40pm
Thread
How is everyone? Stir crazy?

Here in my adopted home town, I've taken to walking to the Post Office for fresh air, sunshine and basically getting off my butt.

On my way home, I checked on a couple of letterboxes. Sad to report, that I needed to retire two of them. Officer Crittenden was out in the open with a broken container. That box has been around for 8 years!!! Oldest Bar in Minnesota was MIA. I'll look again for the Oldest Bar (I really liked that box).

-DD
Re: Another Quarantine Fun Day
Reply to: #985122 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Mar 31, 2020 8:04pm
Thread
Can you not get a new container andndonsome maintenance for Officer Crittenden?
Shout out to Estella!
Apr 5, 2020 1:06pm
Thread
Woot!! Woot!! Box of the Week!
Re: Shout out to Estella!
Reply to: #985412 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Apr 5, 2020 1:25pm
Thread
thank you!