A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Michigan

Re: Anyone out there?
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #972835 by Dawnkey
Mar 20, 2019 4:42am
Thread
Dawnkey...let's hope it's epic. We'll have to report on it after the fact. Only 2 months away!
Reply to: #972846 by MaeMae
Mar 20, 2019 4:47am
Thread
Hoping not to have to make up to many snow days at the end of the year so I can still to the GLG event.

MaeMae, my granddaughter just had 4 days added onto her school year. I hope it works out perfectly for you. I just canceled out of the GLG. I wish I could, but I am planning to go to GypsyLadybug's Prairie event in Ohio in June and the Homerdoodle in Illinois in July. I wish the GLG wasn't quite so much of a drive...

Looking forward to your soon-to-be planted boxes!
Reply to: #972857 by condo
Mar 20, 2019 4:49am
Thread
condo,

I don't believe we've exchanged, but welcome back into boxing. I'd love to find some of your outdoor plants. Think of all those LTCs that you've carved...those stamps are just begging to be planted it the wild, right?

Hope to meet you sometime.
Reply to: #972964 by The hicks from the sticks
Mar 20, 2019 4:51am
Thread
Aurora,

So sorry to hear about your anxiety. I hope you are able to get through this soon. It's just such a tough season for you and I'm sorry.

Louanne/Angel Winks
Reply to: #972975 by koalacat
Mar 20, 2019 4:54am
Thread
koalacat,

My 10th anniversary is this year also! I'm trying to plant 10 boxes/series based on each of my first 10 years. I have 2 planted so far and I'm just starting to work on the 3rd. My goal was to have them all carved and planted by July 1, my official anniversary, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

If you can get April 27 off from work and head to Saugatuck, it would be nice to say hello to you again.
Reply to: #972992 by Angel Winks
Mar 20, 2019 5:07am
Thread
I just hope you check with me first about that date of the event to make sure I'm not going on vacation with my noxer husband. He doesn't know it, but I plan all our vacations around letterboxing events

And then you try to sneak in a little letterboxing on those trips while he’s asleep, yes?
Reply to: #973002 by Dawnkey
Mar 20, 2019 5:15am
Thread
And then you try to sneak in a little letterboxing on those trips while he’s asleep, yes?

Dawnkey, you know me too well. But I look at it this way: He likes to sleep in, so I'm putting his needs first. :) I just happen to "explore" the area while he's sleeping. It's a good life when it works out to everyone's best, right?

Honestly, he's a great sport with my letterboxing. We are planning to travel the Natchez Trace Parkway in April and he said to make sure I was planning to find the letterboxes along the way. Of course, I'm not sure he understands how many that might be...
Reply to: #972842 by MichKathy
Mar 20, 2019 5:27am
Thread
We have never been to Fof6 event can you help us out a bit on understanding a few confusions
Reply to: #973004 by Moms_Play
Mar 20, 2019 5:49am
Thread
Absolutely. Ask away. I'm sure others will pipe in, as well.

Or message me, if you'd rather. I messaged Familyof6 with a question I had and he responded immediately. So that's another route for you.
Reply to: #973004 by Moms_Play
Mar 20, 2019 7:08am
Thread
There are many words to describe FamilyOf6: kind, generous, amazing carver, devious. Expect to have to work for many of his boxes. The event theme will be strong throughout the day.

For the olympics event (2010), he managed to schedule the event the week it had snowed 18-24” so all of his boxes were challenging physically. We hiked for many hours and were rewarded with many beautiful images.

He may have some puzzles but there are ALWAYS twists. I don’t know what they will be this year but expect something.
Reply to: #972964 by The hicks from the sticks
Mar 20, 2019 7:25am
Thread
Aurora, I think of you often! We had some fun times boxing.

Hugs and prayers for your anxiety!! Let me know if you ever want to get together.
Reply to: #973005 by Angel Winks
Mar 20, 2019 9:12am
Thread
I'll definitely be going to the Saugatuck event, and since I've been getting back in shape, more or less, I'm going to be planting a few boxes as well.
Reply to: #973015 by PapaSolo
Mar 20, 2019 9:36am
Thread
I'm going to be planting a few boxes as well.

OH. MY. WORD. I cannot wait. Are these the boxes you've talked to me about that you've had awhile?
Reply to: #973017 by Angel Winks
Mar 20, 2019 11:54am
Thread
Yes, and the clues will require less research than originally planned.
Reply to: #972826 by Angel Winks
Mar 21, 2019 7:31pm
Thread
We have been out and found a box completely frozen in a tree, there was no way to get it out. We have planted a few and have a few more to plant. Plus, decide on what to do with the stamps we received from Milk Money. Our spring break is around the corner we are driving to visit Mr. Plymouth Seekers best friend since kindergarten in Loiusiana! More states and stamps to find!
Reply to: #972998 by Angel Winks
Mar 23, 2019 7:03pm
Thread
Good luck on the goal. I bet you can make it!

The library is having an event that day, so two assistants are scheduled to work instead of one. I could try, but I am taking a week off a few days later. On May 1st, Nic and I will be heading to North Carolina for Geekfest, the Outer Banks, and a quick visit with my noxer friend Stephanie in Alexandria, VA.
Reply to: #973181 by koalacat
Mar 23, 2019 8:08pm
Thread
Your May plans sound like a wonderful time. Enjoy!
Mar 24, 2019 11:36am
Thread
Condo! Welcome back! I am in the process of mailing out much of my LTC collection to people and I just saw some of yours and was wondering about you. Glad to see you back. I took a 5 year hiatus, but have been back in the game the past several years.

PopoBullyGirl and I just planted a series in Charlotte. I have a few other ideas in mind, but need to carve and find planting spots.
Reply to: #973232 by BaliWho
Mar 25, 2019 12:56pm
Thread
Hey Bali! nice to hear from you. Yeah, you have some of my most favorite ones I have done.
Re: Letterboxing Conversations
Reply to: #969321 by Dawnkey
Mar 27, 2019 5:16am
Thread
I just wanted to let you all know how enjoyable and helpful these conversations in the "non-letterboxing" months were to me. One thing I did was to set up my tags and that has been just great. I've used one tag for Locations Needed and then when I feel like digging deeper into solving a mystery location, I can easily find the boxes.

I've also used one for Puzzles to Solve and then solve them when I'm bored with the Netflix series we're watching :).

But the most fun I've had with tags has been an idea from Dawnkey...to use tags for Last Finder. Then I've also created a search for that and then I added it to my custom menu (under Letterboxes) to be sorted by last found. So every couple of days I do a quick click on that and find out if someone has found a box in which I was the last finder. If so, I get rid of the tag quickly, but it's also fun to see who is out and about letterboxing.

The other tag LaLaBirds suggested was Last to Attempt. So I've created that and then when I do a quick check I can see if someone else found it. If so, I delete my attempt, kick myself for not finding it, and I know I need to go and look again.

Anyway, there were so many great ideas shared, and I had a good time personalizing my page with your ideas. Happy boxing, everyone! I've been working on planting my Letterboxing Memories boxes and hope some of you find them in this year to come. Three boxes/series are done and I have seven to go!
Reply to: #973182 by Angel Winks
Mar 30, 2019 1:15pm
Thread
Yeah......I like to carve...and you won't be disappointed with the Serial Killers event. Of course....I am devious...like MichKathy said. Lol
Apr 1, 2019 12:05pm
Thread
I'm hoping to get back into more letterboxing this spring/summer. I used to go often with my daughter, who was more interested as a tween/young teen. Not so much in later years. I've gone to a few of the events lately, but no boxing on my own. My daughter has expressed interest in the Saugatuck event so hopefully that'll re-spark her interest and I can be more active again.

Pam
Reply to: #973672 by pjynx
Apr 1, 2019 7:37pm
Thread
Hi! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Apr 2, 2019 10:23am
Thread
Welcome Back Condo, you and I always chatted a lot when I first started.
Apr 2, 2019 10:28am
Thread
I have been MIA for the better part of 2 years now. I have been wanting to get going, but also dealing with some anxiety. This morning my husband told me he thought it was a good time I get active with my letterboxing community. You all are such wonderful people, I know it is a good place to start.
Reply to: #973732 by SITE Sleuths
Apr 2, 2019 4:01pm
Thread
Thank you. Yes, chatting with you was nice. I was so new to events and large group boxing. It was nice having people to hang out with!
Happy Cake Day to...
Apr 4, 2019 5:31pm
Thread
koalacat!!! Hope you're enjoying yours as much as 4Eyes and I did ours on Saturday. Minus the ticks. :)
Re: Happy Cake Day to...
Reply to: #973788 by Dawnkey
Apr 5, 2019 4:26am
Thread
Thank you! I hope you and 4 Eyes had a wonderful.Cake Day. I had to work, and dealing with some health issues that I hope clear out before next month. Nic did pick up slices of cake, so there was some cake for me on my 10th cake day! Cannot believe it has been 10 years.
Reply to: #973801 by koalacat
Apr 5, 2019 6:56pm
Thread
Oh, I missed it! Glad you got to eat some cake.
Reply to: #973849 by Angel Winks
Apr 6, 2019 5:59pm
Thread
Thank you!