A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: State: Michigan

Re: Happy New Year, Happy New Meh - Missing Logbook
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #969977 by koalacat
Jan 4, 2019 8:51pm
Thread
Hang in there, koalacat! I'm sorry to hear about the missing logbook, and I hope it somehow turns up. We're definitely looking forward to seeing you at Winter Fest.
Re: Happy New Year, Happy New Meh - Missing Logbook
Reply to: #969977 by koalacat
Jan 5, 2019 1:13am
Thread
May I pray for you please? Lord, touch this couple in body and spirit and give them strength and assurance. Let them know you are with them. In Jesus name, amen.
Found Logbook - Re: Happy New Year
Jan 19, 2019 8:54am
Thread
For those not on the Great Lakes Facebook Group, my logbook was found. I left it at the Fall Michigan event. Mrs. Doglvrs posted some pictures of the missing logbook on the group last weekend and Dawnkey tagged me. It came in the mail yesterday. Thanks so much!

One of the pictures she posted was a glued image of a stamp found last February in North Carolina. I remembered that I had forgotten my logbook at a cemetery and had to return after getting that stamp to retrieve my logbook. Poor logbook. I kept leaving it behind last year.
Reply to: #970437 by koalacat
Jan 19, 2019 10:17am
Thread
Yeah! I'm glad you got it back! You need to tie one of those extendable key chain doohickeys to it and attach it to you so you can't leave it behind.
Jan 19, 2019 10:30am
Thread
Love this! And we'll make sure you have your logbook with you when you leave Winter Fest. :)
Jan 19, 2019 10:54am
Thread
Yay, koalacat! Maybe this will help with giving you back the desire to get out there again. And, way to go, Mrs. Doglvrs.

See you at Winter Fest!
Jan 19, 2019 12:21pm
Thread
So HAPPY you found your logbook. I can't even imagine how lost you felt without it.
Jan 20, 2019 10:45am
Thread
Woohoo!! See - I knew you would find it!!
Reply to: #970441 by BaliWho
Jan 20, 2019 12:12pm
Thread
LOL! Not sure if my key chain has room for that.
Reply to: #970443 by Dawnkey
Jan 20, 2019 12:13pm
Thread
Thanks for tagging me and one in advance for looking out for it at the next event.
Reply to: #970444 by Angel Winks
Jan 20, 2019 12:16pm
Thread
Maybe. I did find one of my Old School letterboxes that still needs to be planted.
Reply to: #970446 by condo
Jan 20, 2019 12:22pm
Thread
Thanks. Yeah, it kinda added to the lack of finding any boxes.
Reply to: #970469 by 4EyesMcGee
Jan 20, 2019 12:24pm
Thread
You know, I remembered your post a few weeks ago as I saw it on the group. So that was one of the first thoughts to mind was that you were correct. =)
Reply to: #970441 by BaliWho
Jan 20, 2019 12:39pm
Thread
Does anyone else do this?
Jan 21, 2019 4:47pm
Thread
When heading to an event, if I have time, I will sometimes look at the traditional plants by the boxers headed to the event to see if any are PLANET EARTH or UNITED STATES locations on their letterboxes. When I look at the clue, often they are bonus boxes or clues that are specific to another event. But sometimes I've unearthed a letterbox that will be hidden somewhere at the event.

I'm headed to the LL Bean event this weekend and cannot possibly do this with all the letterboxers attending, but it's a bit of fun on a cold night.
Re: Does anyone else do this?
Reply to: #970526 by Angel Winks
Jan 21, 2019 8:43pm
Thread
That's a good idea... maybe just search the boxers from that area?
Reply to: #970535 by BaliWho
Jan 22, 2019 4:15am
Thread
I think that's definitely a good idea. But I happened to find a couple of Planet Earth boxes by a couple of different letterboxers who are traveling to the event and the boxes travel with the boxers. The clues gave a description of what to look for, so I'm going to be on the lookout for them. Who knows? I may or may not have time.

Last summer when I traveled to Ohio, I found a couple of additional boxes because of sneaky clue listings. Loved it when they were there!
Jan 22, 2019 8:13am
Thread
Oh...my...goodness! Just when I thought I had planned all the letterboxes that I could get at this event outside of the actual boxes planted FOR the event, you had to introduce me to this idea!!! What to do, what to do....I only have two days to go through all 200+ attendees to find their hidden secrets.

Thanks....I think.
Reply to: #970552 by Janila
Jan 22, 2019 8:32am
Thread
It may be worth the time...just sayin'.
Reply to: #970553 by Angel Winks
Jan 22, 2019 11:58am
Thread
How do I list this kind of stamp. I have a really cool one I’ve been taking with me as a PT but it’s too time-consuming sometimes. Especially at certain events depending on how busy they are to carry it around and give it to people. If I could just plant it when I get there and pick it up before I leave I think more people could get it but I’m not sure how to list it.
Reply to: #970563 by Porras Posse
Jan 22, 2019 1:10pm
Thread
I've seen people listing traditional stamps for events with the location of the event in the listing. Then the clue says, "Clues to be posted at event." Then when you get to the event, you could hide the box, write the clues, and post them on a bulletin board or whatever in the main event area.

I think that's what you are hoping to do?
Reply to: #970563 by Porras Posse
Jan 22, 2019 1:43pm
Thread
I do what Angel Winks just said. There's a couple different ways to do it, depending on how you want to plant it... if it has clues or not.

You can either make it a traveling event box and call it a "hidden in plain sight" or "table top box", and just add a new event each time you move it. For these, you wouldn't have clues. Just leave it in the gathering room either out in the open or 'hidden in plain sight'.

Or, you can make it a temporary traditional box with Word of Mouth clues. For this, you can change the physical location of the box each time so it will show up in searches for that area. Then in the clues, just type available at whatever event and list the clues or state WOM clues available then. After the event, change status to unavailable.
Jan 22, 2019 2:12pm
Thread
OMG! You guys are CRAZY! Once I start listing boxes tomorrow and your printer bursts into flames - you'll stop printing :)

There over 200 just the night of the event - you'll get PLENTY of ink :)
Winter Fest 2019
Feb 3, 2019 9:35am
Thread
A big shout-out to 4EyesMcGee and Dawnkey for provided the perfect indoor event! It was a wonderful time.
Re: Winter Fest 2019
Reply to: #971005 by Angel Winks
Feb 3, 2019 10:47am
Thread
Ditto that shout-out! Another really great Winter Fest event...thanks so much for hosting.
Feb 3, 2019 12:31pm
Thread
Yes thank you so much! I had a lot of fun, I'm glad the weather cooperated!
Feb 6, 2019 6:52am
Thread
Did anyone lose red ink at the event....reason I ask is this morning, I wore the same boots that I wore to the event and walking down my icy driveway I noticed a red stain on the ice every few feet....after investigating and realizing it was not from an animal or me, I found the bottom of my boot was the issue.
hmmmm took a lot of wiping in the grass and paper towel to get the ink from my shoe.
who knows how long it was there....or what mess I left behind.
gave me a fright.
Reply to: #971126 by Spartanfans
Feb 6, 2019 7:00am
Thread
The boxing police will have no trouble tracking down Whodunnit with all the clues you left behind....
Reply to: #971126 by Spartanfans
Feb 6, 2019 7:05am
Thread
Funny! Was the ink pad stuck in the treas somehow?
Serial Killers in Saugatuck
Feb 16, 2019 5:39pm
Hey one and all!

The "Serial Killers in Saugatuck" event is taking place on Saturday, April 27, 2019...hosted by yours truly...Familyof6.

Rumor has it that over 50+ killers have been sighted. Are you brave enough to face the killers? OR...will you become a victim?

There is only one way to find out. Sign up now!